Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Hey Paul on a side note, wondering if you will be at vape bash in April this year? Possibly a sneak peek?
Probably not this year, hopefully next year.

I will post a video soon once the prototype is ready. Then I will get it produced as soon as possible. Since you'll be getting it soon, a "sneak peek" at the vape bash is probably not necessary...

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Looking good - the door arrangement is certainly interesting. Is the 510 connector adjustable?

Nah, I want to keep this as simple and basic as possible for now. Less complexity = greater reliability , and sooner you can get it. The price of the mod will reflect its simplicity.

However, my next mod will be more interesting, and I will be taking suggestions on it once the first one is out.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Paul,
do you have an interest list for the mod? i p.m you a while stating my interest.

Yes I do. I reply every PM I get so perhaps I thought I replied but it was not sent. The system doesn't allow a reply within 30 sec of other. Anyway, I will add you to the list. Thanks for the interest.

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Everything is going fine. It takes a bit of time to make the prototype. Had to convert the Solidworks model into CAD drawings for each parts, along with tolerances, etc. Contact different suppliers for making the parts. Plus I'm making two prototypes at the same time. It's almost done. The parts should get to me in a few days.

Unfortunately, this is the end of the term for me and I got a lot going on in my courses. Projects due, exams, etc...so I'm jam packed for the next 2 weeks. I will build the prototype and post a video of it when the classes and exams are over, which is in 2 weeks, so hang in there.

One of my courses is a programming course where we have to write a huge program every week and debugging takes hours. That has been eating up my time and stressing me out. Thankfully summer is almost here and then I can dedicate all my time to this mod of mine. I was going to work over the summer but decided to concentrate my effort and time on making/developing mods instead. So I will be a lot more active here then.

Plan for summer:
Early on - release the first mod
Middle - make an atomizer and get website up and running.
End of summer - finish developing the 2nd mod and get that released

Thanks for the understanding.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I remember those debugging sessions well. More like a traumatizing experience you won't ever forget. It does get easier when your code improves, though. So you hang in there as well and I wish you the best on your exams!

Trauma... lol

I helped many people that felt that way.

I never suffered that much, even enjoyed the process.
I still enjoy "troubleshooting" be it code, electronics, engines, whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoKaren

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
Well, I am not young so things were not as easy when I was in college for my CS as they are today. You had to get your code to do a lot of things in a tiny address space. My troubleshooting skills are much better than my code from scratch.
Not so young either. College was 20+ years ago. But I was self taught a decade prior on systems with under 100kb RAM, a few 100kb floppies, and in assembler that didn't support variables or data segments (tracking all that on paper).

So compilers and debuggers were a pleasant addition.

Thankfully I didn't burn out. Code was just part of a larger job.

Reactions: Bimini Twist

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
fig51a.jpg

I'm picturing something like this:

steampunk_mad_scientist_by_steranko-d4rakpq.jpg

Status