Introducing... my bottom feeding mod (MyMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hey, ya never know, right?
Peek insulators or another shape here
POM insulators
5274900-1.jpg

4615302-3.jpg

Reactions: HeiSINberg

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I like the form of the original silicone grommets but they are waaaay to fragile ... Has A lil hump in the middle so you know when it's pushed in place..... But yeah these look like they'd work!!!! Good find!

I've been through 10 if them and 10 fuses. I'm using a thick neoprene washer under my Hastur rda, it seems to help.
9a5f79c7bfcf15512e50ada05c131d6e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HeiSINberg

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I even tried wrapping some Teflon tape around the 510 pin so when the grommet does fail it'll still insulate it (a bit?) ..... seems to be saving me from pulling/borrowing fuses from my vehicle in an emergency to vape..... Lol

Oh and the VMOD BOTTLES are absolutely perfect for this mod and give a few more mls!

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
On second bottle and battery and no issues. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Nothing, you've got it backwards. I think most have had no problems. I've been using mine exclusively since I modified the atty, 3-4ml/day.
(Edit: June 25, so 15 days so far)

There have been a vocal few with problems here, but I don't think it was a majority of people with the device.

Paul would have to weigh in on that as he's the one who knows how many different people have them.

Last edited:

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
I'll be honest. I'm rushing to get another mod made before the FDA deadline in August, so I haven't really looked into the Mymod "fixes" yet. I'm at the stage where I'm finishing up the design of parts (for the new mod), so the suppliers can start making it. Once I get the parts ordered, then I can start working on the Mymod fixes. It'll be a few days.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
... before the FDA deadline in August,

... Mymod "fixes" ...

Yep...

That's what I'd be looking into...

Whether they're legal and marketable afterwards.

Better to have 1 sellable mod than 2 you can't sell.

But that's just me.

Something to ponder, I guess.

Tapatyped

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
If anyone happens to over tighten and snaps off the head of one of those delrin screws....they screw the positive leaf spring to the block around the 510..... I found that using an exacto knife, sticking it into the middle of what's left in the hole.... with moderate force, after it bites in turn it out... Lol.... this mod.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Haha..... It worked flawlessly.... I was worried because I thought I was going to have to go to the hardware store to get that delrin block (jk).....super you're too advanced to take advice from a simpleton like me.... But when or IF it happens... You'll remember this guy [emoji106] [emoji106]== ....ha

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Oh George, you misunderstand me totally and i want you to get the best vaping experience possible. i realise you are short of cash and so this is a great device to begin your forays into mechanical land.

Learn your batteries - i mean it - it's important and then don't be so hard on yourself. Vaping is as simple as wrapping a wire four times and heating it up.

T

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Oh George, you misunderstand me totally and i want you to get the best vaping experience possible. i realise you are short of cash and so this is a great device to begin your forays into mechanical land.

Learn your batteries - i mean it - it's important and then don't be so hard on yourself. Vaping is as simple as wrapping a wire four times and heating it up.

T
What the (......) Are taking about???????
You got my first name right.... everything after that..... Is... Oh, SUPERS been partaking in HALLUCINAGENICS. LOL

paulw2014

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2012
Batavia, IL
Nothing, you've got it backwards. I think most have had no problems. I've been using mine exclusively since I modified the atty, 3-4ml/day.
(Edit: June 25, so 15 days so far)

There have been a vocal few with problems here, but I don't think it was a majority of people with the device.

Paul would have to weigh in on that as he's the one who knows how many different people have them.

There were a few people with issues, but they are the minority. Most I sent out didn't PM me anything. But that's still not good enough for me. I did not anticipate issues with the 510 insulator, and the battery negative contact. I was shocked when ppl started blowing fuses and we couldn't figure out why initially. It IS a simple circuit. I'll just send everyone some PEEK insulators. I'll also try the negative contact fix and send it together too, before the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread