Introducing the NEW Vapeonly 3.5ml BCC MEGA Bottom Coil Changeable Tank- In All Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

STU1690

Apr 1, 2013
Bonnie Scotland
I have been using one of these Vapeonly Mega BCC for a couple of days and i am a bit puzzled with it. I use it with my Vamo V2 and i have to lower either the Watts to under 5.5-6w or the volts to under 3.5 or i get a burnt hit with the supplied 1.8 and 2.2ohm heads.

I have usually been using Evod clearomizers to date and they run way higher than the Mega BCC. Is this normal?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Instead of typing it out yet again...

After you fill... take a few hits without hitting the power button... this should get the e-liquid into the wicks etc. If you still get dry hits, it may be from using a thicker e-liquid and you can address that by thinning the wicks a bit...

Don't thin the wicks until you've tried the first part and then don't thin them too much or you risk it over-wicking...

RobFindlay

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
SLC, UT
Hi everyone :)
I got Vapemail today :)
I got my Gobstopper, Thank you!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Oh and got my VapeOnly BCC too. I love it too :)
Thanks Got Vapes !!!!!
646356861_o.jpg

That's kinda pretty and girly....I gotta ask, what PV is that?

GregoTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
Lewisville, TX
Thought I'd drop back in here and give another update...had my Vapeonly BCC now as my main delivery system atop my ProVari for a month or so now I guess, and I'm super impressed with this thing. It works flawlessly, not even a hint of a leak, no dry hits, no flooding, nothing but big fat party clouds all day with hardly any maintenance. I ended up taking a teeny bit of the wick out which resulted in a fuller body vape. The awesome thing about the coil heads is you can take wick out and put it back in if you need to and customize the experience for different juices and PG/VG ratios - and the heads last a good long time. I just can't speak highly enough about the Vapeonly BCC, everything else just sits in my "in case of emergency" drawer now, which hopefully I won't ever need because now I have three of these BCC's!

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
I've been having issues with mine, hoping someone here can help

As some others mentioned, mine started getting the puddle of juice in the drip tip well. Within minutes. Figured I was just drawing too hard, so started using softer draw which seemed to work.

Then yesterday, went to take a puff and eVic said "no atomizer found"

eVic did recognize the MT3, carto tank, and BCC (after I swapped heads)

So I'm wondering:

What am I doing wrong? Here's what I'm using:

eVic - usually around 4 volts
juice - 50/50, 24 mg
BCC - 2.2 ohm head with 2 wicks removed (this was the one that eVic didn't recognize)
BCC - 1.8 ohm head, unfooled around with (this one is the puddle machine)

Also it should be noted that on the 2.2 ohm head, it was working fine, then "no atomizer found" - is this what happens when the heads die?

Thanks!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
it was working fine, then "no atomizer found" - is this what happens when the heads die?

Thanks!

You can double check the head using a multimeter... another possible way to test but it doesn't verify it much... is to open the vapeonly up, pour any remaining e-liquid into a bottle, clean it all of it up, look at the head closely to make certain nothing is out of place... re-assemble it and retest using the eVic.

There is a slim possibility that the head was not seated well in the tank and it would explain the leak and the no atomizer found message.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
So, how much longevity is everyone getting on these heads? Also how much success have you had cleaning them? I've saved all my used heads and wicks so that I can hopefully clean and re-use.

How hard is it to get the post off? I haven't really tried but that post doesn't seem to want to come off.

Post removal easy I used a pair of jeweler's pliers. And relapsed the wick with ease placing a full width of wick extra nib on top of coil before shaping post back in place. Only thing holding it on is 2 bumps (for lack of better words) that lock in place into 2 matching indents in the post.

scotiwis

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
New Zealand
I agree too. My vapeonly tank finally got better when I removed a second flavor wick. Now it's pretty darn good. It took me three tankfuls with so-so taste to get brave enough to remove a flavor wick. I can't believe how much better the draw and flavor is right now. It's perfect on my VAMO.

Jingles what ohm head are you using, what volts or watts on the vamo and to confirm you have removed 2 wicks yip. I'm having problems with vamo and bcc can't get that sweet spot. Thanks

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Jingles what ohm head are you using, what volts or watts on the vamo and to confirm you have removed 2 wicks yip. I'm having problems with vamo and bcc can't get that sweet spot. Thanks

There won't be a single formula that will work with all e-liquids ( or personal preferences for that matter )...

If you are getting dry hits... you remove a wick and try again... still dry and then remove another. Each e-liquid differs a bit in PG/VG ratio's as well as other things that can affect how thick or thin the juice is... thicker juices may require more wicks be removed to avoid a dry hit. It also isn't just about the ratio of PG/VG... some manufacturers will thin down a e-liquid with distilled water or some type of alcohol so it depends on how the e-liquid is blended that determines how thin or thick may end up being. Also... pulling too many of the wicks out can result in a tank that gurgles, floods or leaks. A coil that is being flooded never gets warm enough to vaporize well resulting in low vapor and/or taste.

How thin/thick an e-liquid may be is still not all there is... Some are not strong flavored and no matter how high you turn them up, it won't help. Some are sensitive to higher wattage's so they may taste burnt sooner than another. Then your own personal preferences will come into play such as how warm or cool you may prefer. An example, you may want a coffee flavor pretty warm but an orange juice cooler...

Also don't think that the above just applies to this one tank... it applies to all of them.

scotiwis

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2012
New Zealand
There won't be a single formula that will work with all e-liquids ( or personal preferences for that matter )...

If you are getting dry hits... you remove a wick and try again... still dry and then remove another. Each e-liquid differs a bit in PG/VG ratio's as well as other things that can affect how thick or thin the juice is... thicker juices may require more wicks be removed to avoid a dry hit. It also isn't just about the ratio of PG/VG... some manufacturers will thin down a e-liquid with distilled water or some type of alcohol so it depends on how the e-liquid is blended that determines how thin or thick may end up being. Also... pulling too many of the wicks out can result in a tank that gurgles, floods or leaks. A coil that is being flooded never gets warm enough to vaporize well resulting in low vapor and/or taste.

How thin/thick an e-liquid may be is still not all there is... Some are not strong flavored and no matter how high you turn them up, it won't help. Some are sensitive to higher wattage's so they may taste burnt sooner than another. Then your own personal preferences will come into play such as how warm or cool you may prefer. An example, you may want a coffee flavor pretty warm but an orange juice cooler...

Also don't think that the above just applies to this one tank... it applies to all of them.

Thanks, this may sound silly but how do I know if my ejuice is thick lol, I have nothing to compare it to really. It's Mt Baker Butterscotch 80/20 PG. And also what does "dry hit" mean exactly - if I go to 3.5V for instance on the vamo it instantly tastes "burnt" - is this the wick itself burning or the juice, which is a "dry hit"

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
A dry hit and a burnt hit is very similar... I don't know how to describe the difference well enough for someone else to understand but it is something you'll pick up over time.

I haven't vaped that juice to know if it is sensitive to higher power settings or not. As I said in the previous post... each e-liquid is different.

I can suggest to try removing a flavor wick and then see if that makes a difference or not... The tube on the top of the coil head comes off with a little bit of force ( and goes back on the same way ) so you can see the flavor wicks on top and replace them if it didn't make a difference.

There is also another possible issue... If you didn't get yours from GotVapes ( this is the GV forum area btw ) there is a possibility that you may have a fake... Most of the popular products have fakes going around which causes a lot of good products to get a bad rap. GV's is one of the vendors that makes certain to get genuine products for that very reason.

Of course... not all genuine products work 100% of the time either... So you can always try out one of the other coil heads to check for that type of issue just in case.

You may also want to consider switching your VAMO into wattage mode. That may make it easier for you since it would keep the power at the coil the same no matter what ohm coil head you have on it... It is the main advantage that variable wattage has over using variable voltage. 5.5w is almost the same as using a 2.2 ohm head ( the one that comes installed on the Vapeonly ) at 3.5v. If you set it for 5.5w, you'll get the same vape you are now even if you change to a lower or higher ohm coil. Adjust it up or down for your own preference of course, this was only an example.

To switch the VAMO to wattage mode... press both the plus and minus buttons down for a bit and it will switch over... repeat to switch it back to voltage mode.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
Wasn't there also the issue with the VAMO about the RMS or MEAN voltage regulation depending on which version VAMO you had? Since I don't have a VAMO I didn't follow that too closely.
I just got my first vapeonly bcc a few days ago and was having a similar issue on just an ego twist. Anything above say 3.5 volts or so didn't taste right. So I went through a tankful just to be sure then took the plunge and took out one of the flavor wicks. Got a tiny little gurgle at first and though oh great I just messed it up BUT blew it out real good and wiped out the drip tip etc. and now its putting out nice clouds at 4v and I've had it up to 4.6 with no funky taste but WOW that is some warm vapor for a bottom coil so I backed it back down a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread