Introduction + EVOD dripper mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykriss

Apr 1, 2014
Hudson, FL, USA
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums (though not very new to vaping) and thought I'd make a introduction/showcase post in one. Been vaping for about four months now, started with an "ecig" brand cigalike, moved onto an EVOD and now I have a Unitank as well (with an ego VV v3 in the mail). Very satisfied with the Unitank, though I already know I want an RBA. Anyways, since I've been wanting to know what dripper flavor is like, I decided to make my own. It's quite simple, really; all you need for a simple one is an EVOD tank and some cotton (or other wicking material).

Firstly, you want to empty and clean your EVOD tank. After that's over with, unscrew your tank from the base so the atomizer is exposed. Remove the top post and rubber grommet to expose your wicks/coil. Pull out both of the old wicks and dry burn the coil once to get the gunk off. Roll yourself up a piece of cotton about 2" in length and 1.5-2.0mm in diameter, like pic 1. Insert into the coil, pull through evenly, and shape into an S pattern, so that the wick covers the entirety of the outer coil guard (pic 2). Drip two to four drops on the wick, screw on the tank (yes, leave the post and grommet off) and vape away :) I find that it gives better flavor with slightly more vapor. I wanted even more flavor, though, so I went ahead and made my own (pic 3); with that, I get flavor similar to what I think legit drippers give. It seems that the distance the vapor travels affects the flavor quite a lot, so get creative :laugh:

Attachments

• CAM00395.jpg
    CAM00395.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 31
  • CAM00397.jpg
    CAM00397.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 33
  • CAM00400.jpg
    CAM00400.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 32

Sykriss

Apr 1, 2014
Hudson, FL, USA
Figured I'd just update this thread with my experience progress regarding vaping since I posted last. I've since gotten an eGo VV V3, the center post solder broke, I repaired it and upgraded all the internal wiring to 22ga. Dropped it 12 feet onto concrete since and it's still working like a champ, but I still wasn't satisfied with that so I went ahead and built myself my own altoids tin semi-mechanical. This is a prototype version, I plan on rebuilding the battery housing using an old laptop battery pack housing.

CAM00414.jpg

This is with a Nimbus clone, 5/64" airholes and a 0.28ohm dual coil (one 4/5 wrap for flavor, one 5/6 wrap for vapor) of twisted 28 gauge. Using a Efest V1 1600mAh 30amp battery. Works beautifully, significantly better flavor than with two same wrap coils. I'd post more pics but I guess I don't have enough space on the forums for that yet. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread