The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger Evod coil

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jocat54, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jocat54

jocat54 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Lindale, Texas
    I have been using the IClear 16 and have been happy with them. I thought I would try something different so got a couple of the Kanger Evod's. They were terrible, leaked and gurgled without much taste or vapor, so went back to the Iclear16's.

I then remembered watching a video by a member here about doing a micro coil and cotton wick for the Evod (sorry I don't remember who the member was). So I tried it out. 30g with 9 wraps on 1/16th wire=1.6 ohms. No flavor wicks just the coil wick. What a difference!! Lots of flavor with tons of vapor and NO leaking or gurgling so far. If they stay this way it will replace the Iclear 16.

Thanks to the member who had the video on these.

Edited to add the video by Candimccann (Thanks Candi)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/480691-cotton-micro-coil-rebuild-video-kanger-protank-evod-heads.html

2. LeftHandBlack

LeftHandBlack Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Brighton Co
    Interesting although I havent had any issues with the Kanger coils in the 5 months Ive used them.

3. Dconnor

Dconnor Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I am using this set up, but I use Peaches and cream cotton yarn for the wick, and a half a piece (2 small strands of the yarn piece). I have drilled out 2 of the holes on the Evod heads to 1/16" for better air flow, and am using this almost exclusively now. Love the flavor, size and vapor production.:evil:

4. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
  5. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    It just shows that if you fiddle, it'll (usually) / (eventually) work for you.

Glad you found your sweet spot jocat.

6. jocat54

jocat54 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Lindale, Texas
  7. Chanlor Lami

Chanlor Lami Full Member

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    Yea Rip Trippers on youtube has a great tutorial on how to build micro coils on the protank and evod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.