• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Hello, I am Stormy. I live in Bristow. I am a hairstylist. I smoked for over 40 years and thought I would have to smoke the rest of my life or die a cranky old woman and be buried in a piano case. I tried everything to quit and the only thing I got for it was a larger rear end. I was so happy to find ecigarettes. quitting smoking was so easy and I didn't gain any more weight. Thank the Lord.

My favorite PV is 6 volts. I mix my own juice with Bickfords coffee and Hazelnut. I love this forum. I have met so many interesting people here. I spend most of my time with the Modders. I can't believe how many smart people there are here.

I am married and my husband is still smoking. I have 4 children and 7 grandchildren and 1 great grand daughter that will soon be three.

I can't think of anything else to say about myself. I am not very interesting. Just an old woman that loves not smoking.

This is a thread so we can all get to know our "neighbors"! What town/city are you from? What's your name? Where you born and raised here, or did something else bring you here? I think you know where I'm going with this, lol. So, go ahead and stop in and say hi and tell us who you are.

Let the introductions begin! :pop:

Hello everyone! I'm new to the state myself, but I just became a resident of the Lawton/Fort Sill area. I hear it's the third largest city in Oklahoma, but - coming from Californian roots - I can hardly believe it, lol. That's even coming from someone who was raised in a tiny farming town of 1,500 people! I've been bouncing around larger cities in different states for the past several years, and I have to say that Lawton is the smallest yet since I moved from home.

Anyways, I'm here with you all now because my fiance is in the United States Army and recently PCS'ed to Fort Sill. On the up side, a huge chunk of my family is originially from Oklahoma and many of them still live here and have branched out families I haven't even met yet, so my family's going to become that much larger for being local now. I'd only ever got to see the ones that flew in to the family reunions in California! :D

And that, my friends, is my cue that I'm prattling on too much, I think. So much for a simple introduction, lol.

----

Vape-centric info:

I smoked lightly off and on from the age of 16 and became a full-fledged smoker at 20. [Useful tidbit: I'm turning 25 on Sunday.] By 22, I was smoking a pack a day [sometimes more, sometimes less] - Djarum Specials cloves exclusively, no less. Smoked that way until October of last year when I quit cold turkey. Backslid a small handful of times on casual occasions with smoking friends and one stressful day. Haven't touched a single one in several months. Unfortunately, I missed the mechanics and sensation of it so much that I've nearly physically ached for one, even after all this time.

Just discovered vaping and am admittedly new to this world. Still waiting on my 510 to arrive actually [birthday present to myself], but I have no doubts in my mind that I won't love it. I plan to tear into DIY projects as soon as possible, and I already have daydreams of the "e-juice laboratory" I will undoubtedly have someday. I've only been a member here for less than a week, and I've already learned so much. And, the people here are so nice! I'm just glad I discovered you all and this alternative before I started sneaking smoking in again and smoked any more of my life away than I had started to before. Thank you for existing, e-cigarettes! Lol.

Anyway, that's it for now...I know you're probably saying your silent thank-you's with relief. :nun:

jodi

Jun 19, 2009
Kingston, Oklahoma
Howdy from Lake Texoma. I am barely in Oklahoma, on the Texas border south of Kingston at Buncombe Creek. I am another old lady that has just started using ecigs (5 days) and am thrilled to find others like me. I've got lots to learn. So far I like the pen style ecigs the best, I call it my "magic wand". My sister is in Edmond and has been using ecigs for over a month, also with great success.

I still try to light my ecig... lol.

daviddoughty1

Jul 19, 2009
Oklahoma
Howdy everyone,
Overbrook here {just south of Ardmore}
I am an HVAC contractor with a small business.
Smoked from about age 15 til April of this year , I'm 46 now.
I have been through several ecigs and at present I'm using a prodigy and my wife is using 510s and 801s. I guess I was a little rough on the little ecigs trying to go from 3 packs a day to battery power. No analogs since April 10th....

IMIUBU

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
OK
Thats funny Jodi, one time when I got some stronger juice in I kept thinking I had a lit cigarette going and needed to get back to it. Ecigs have changed my life, I can really tell I am not as addicted as I was to analogs and switching was so easy. what I like if I am busy, I find I don't get stressed without it. If they ban these things I will quit, I don't ever want to go back to analogs, they taste so nasty.

AnnaCoop

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Northeastern Oklahoma
Hi guys! I'm from Bartlesville! I started vaping almost 2 weeks ago and havent had an analog since! I started smoking the day I turned 18. ( I think I was rebelling!) lol. So been a smoker for 8 years. I love my 801 and 901! I am sooo glad I found this forum also. The e-cig thing is really a community all it's own. I love it!:)

Anna

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
East Tulsa here! Cohabiting with 2 German Shepherds and a Dachshund.
Currently running two prodigys... one at 3.7 and one at 5.
Started out on 510s and am getting ready to sell them off, because I'm so happy with the prodigy.
Eager to participate in a get-together!
Anyone know a vaping-friendly place around Tulsa? Seems like quite a few of us are right around here.

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Hey all, I think Steve from Alterna smokes will be at the Tulsa fair selling Indian art at his booth, If you let him know in advance he will bring some liquids for you to pick up.

Do you know what he sells? We do need more information about their products but they can't tell us.

I haven't been on line much the last few days. When I am at work my messages are very short. Please don't think I am rude or mad. I don't have a lot of time and I have a tiny keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread