Invaluable vaping technique advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamM

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
London, Ontario
Hi all,

I hope at least one person finds this helpful. I watched many videos about vaping but when I got my PV in my hand I reverted back to regular smoking behavior. I think would be good to have a reminder on how to vape!

I thought I would share my wonderful discovery with all of the other newbies. First of all, even though I received my 510 kit about a week ago, this little technique I just stumbled into makes me feel like I JUST GOT the PV that I was so excited about getting and so let down because I thought I didn't get it.

The problem: I was not getting consistent vapor production. I would refill a cart and get maybe 3 hits and then a burning taste would slowly creep into my vapes. I thought this might have been my pure VG base, so I tried a little bit of distilled water in my mixes. Nothing. I decided to buy a tiny bottle of vodka to cut my mixes with. Still poor results. I thought I was stuck with inconsistent vapor production for good.

The answer: Being orally fixated, I found myself lightly sucking on my cart while vaping, quick draws that went in my mouth then out my nose. I noticed that the taste of my liquids, after a minute or so, would start to be replaced with a burning taste. Then it hit me: the burning taste was occurring when less, and eventually no, liquid was reaching the atty. So, whenever it started to taste a little bit less like my flavoring and a bit more like a dry burn, I would stop vaping and repeatedly suck as if into a straw until the sweet taste of my flavor hit my tongue. Then I would start vaping again, and presto, bountiful amounts of vapor!

Technique (with newly filled cart):
1. Two or three primer puffs (without engaging the battery).
2. Hit the battery for about a second and a half then draw on the PV as if smoking but a little bit lighter.
3. Without engaging the battery, lightly suck in through the PV and test whether your taste your liquid.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until there appears to be a weening of the liquid's taste.
5. Go back to step one!

It was my failure to take primer puffs intermittently that made my carts seem useless! Now I don't have to manually drip (which was giving me inconsistent and short vapor production)

Adam

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I am thankful I researched enough to know in advance about a. manual batteries and b. pressing the button first, then starting to drag, then letting up the button before the end of the drag, the finishing the drag (which also helps cool the atty)

I definitely have to slow myself down sometimes. It is counterproductive to keep dragging hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread