IPV 3(?) the new 100 watt box mod prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
Guess what Greenleaf/pioneer4you has just come up with?!!! A 100 watt version of the ipv.
No word on release date, price, colors, battery size (if it will be 2 18650's), nor any kind of preorder availability.

The box appears to be same size as IPV2. It uses a newer version of the YIHi sx330 chip (called V3).
No word on if Greenleaf/pioneer4you will make some minor improvements to back door and battery access.
Word is it will have 4 screws. Requests have been made for a magnetic door closure.
It appears the touch fire "button" will remain (although it can be disabled).

Here is the 'official' prerelease video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbxS3VLloM

BTW... For those of us enjoying the IPV2: There is no way to (currently) do any firmware update on the IPV2 (sx330 v2 chip) to make it 100 watts

Specs of the chip it will use.... the YiHiEcigar SX330 V3 100W (bold added to point out a couple crucial differences)No. Specs Minimum Typical Max
1 Output Power 10 Watts 100 Watts
2 Output Voltage 1.0 Volts 7.0 Volts
3 Output Current 30.0 A
4 Atomizer Resistance 0.15 Ohms 1.5 Ohms 2.0 Ohms
5 Input Voltage 3.2 Volts 9.0 Volts
6 Input Current 1.3 A 10.0 A 20.0 A
7 Screen On Current 25 mA
8 Quiescent Current 1 mA
9 Power Down Current 350 uA
10 Efficiency 93%
11 Screen size 0.96" OLED
12 Fire Method Regular Button
13 Adjust Power Method Up and Down Button
14 USB Charging for Battery NO
15 Software Upgrade/GUI operate NO
16 Charging for Mobile Phone NO
17 Customize Logo NO

yo_diego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Mexico
7V max output voltage is a huge limitation, imo.

yup, to get up to 100 Watts on that max output voltage you will need to play on the 0.15 - 0.49 ohms range.
on the other hand, at the same 0.15 ohm resistance coil, you will be able to vape down to 10 watts.

This may not be for everyone I think, but for me will be fun rebuilding coils.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
Got a reply from Denny at Greenleaf about the 100 watt IPV. Here ya go:

Hi friend,
Thanks for your reply, I am Denny from Green Leaf
I enclose the SX330 chip sepcs file for you
Just a sample chip. still in testing
we still not have plan to do it in bulk product
thank you
Please waiting our release time (3-4 month later)
thank you
Please feed back me for any questions any time

Best Regard
Denny Zhang
Sales Manager of Green L

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
Just to let folks know. Segelei is about to release a 100 watt version box mod using the sx330 (version 3).

It has NO touch fire (good or bad?) and one color only (shiny silver).
It will use 2 18650's (30 amp needed).
It uses the same size screen with identical layout
It has NO usb charge port.
Dimensions show a bit shorter (96)than IPV2 (100), a bit smaller in width (46) than IPV2 (50) and a bit thicker (23) than ipv2 (22).

I assume the price will be much much higher than IPV2... just keeping everyone in the loop on what is coming soon.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Just to let folks know. Segelei is about to release a 100 watt version box mod using the sx330 (version 3).

It has NO touch fire (good or bad?) and one color only (shiny silver).
It will use 2 18650's (30 amp needed).
It uses the same size screen with identical layout
It has NO usb charge port.
Dimensions show a bit shorter (96)than IPV2 (100), a bit smaller in width (46) than IPV2 (50) and a bit thicker (23) than ipv2 (22).

I assume the price will be much much higher than IPV2... just keeping everyone in the loop on what is coming soon.

In the video from Segelei it showed a hole where the usb charging port is supposed to be and on price these are already pre selling for around 100 bucks.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
According to Yihi the sx330 v3 (100watt) does not have a USB port. Hmmm

No. Specs Minimum Typical Max
1 Output Power 10 Watts 100 Watts
2 Output Voltage 1.0 Volts 7.0 Volts
3 Output Current 30.0 A
4 Atomizer Resistance 0.15 Ohms 1.5 Ohms 2.0 Ohms
5 Input Voltage 3.2 Volts 9.0 Volts
6 Input Current 1.3 A 10.0 A 20.0 A
7 Screen On Current 25 mA
8 Quiescent Current 1 mA
9 Power Down Current 350 uA
10 Efficiency 93%
11 Screen size 0.96" OLED
12 Fire Method Regular Button
13 Adjust Power Method Up and Down Button
14 USB Charging for Battery NO
15 Software Upgrate/GUI operate NO
16 Charging for Mobile Phone NO
17 Customize Logo NO

yo_diego

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Mexico
well they show one in the video. So guess we will see when it is no longer beta. http://youtu.be/R606abvcZT4 around 1 minute and 10 sec in
it seems to be added, and the port looks round, I will hate to be a proprietary USB design. I think is too early to decide with just that little information.

But I'm exited about it.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I might jump on this. I was thinking it wouldn't take long for 100w APV to start being released.

The sigelei also comes in black :)

There are many of us already on a pre-order for this. We have also spoken to the ppl at Sigelei and to be honest.... they have a lot more work to do on this yet and I doubt anything is final. Its going to be some time till we see a final version.

We have also been requesting magnets for the door... any they are not sure if they will go that rout or a sliding door like the GI2.

More to follow!

Definitely excited to hear about the IPV though. I have a 120watt raptor box mod and love it! I need a backup device that doesn't cost another $200+. These new devices should do the trick :)

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I just got my IPV2 Yesterday. 50 watts Is way more than I will ever need. I will not be buying the 100 watt mod. I just can't see why any one would need all them watts.
I turned my IPV2 up to 40 watts and it was all ready WAY too Much I think it just a novelty now really who needs 100 watts??

Probably mech/rda users that usually build circa < .2ohm coils.

Id be willing to bet your RDAs arent set up to run at low resistance/high power.

If you take something that is ideally used at say circa 20w and bump it to 40w you probably arent going to get good results, but dont translate that as 40w being too much.

This is why a lot of clearo users get really confused. As far as they know with their 2.2ohm clearo when you bump voltage much past 4v everything tastes burned, so they think the Kayfun user with a 1ohm coil on a mech is a MADMAN.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
You are exactly correct I don't go lower than .6 and 25 watts is plenty.
I wounded how many people build .2 or lower? Percentage wise it bet it is low, so the rest of the people who buy these 100 watt mods are doing it for the novelty?

Probably mech/rda users that usually build circa < .2ohm coils.

Id be willing to bet your RDAs arent set up to run at low resistance/high power.

If you take something that is ideally used at say circa 20w and bump it to 40w you probably arent going to get good results, but dont translate that as 40w being too much.

This is why a lot of clearo users get really confused. As far as they know with their 2.2ohm clearo when you bump voltage much past 4v everything tastes burned, so they think the Kayfun user with a 1ohm coil on a mech is a MADMAN.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
You are exactly correct I don't go lower than .6 and 25 watts is plenty.
I wounded how many people build .2 or lower? Percentage wise it bet it is low, so the rest of the people who buy these 100 watt mods are doing it for the novelty?
I'm doing it for double the battery capacity, but in the same package as IPV2... but I can also utilize 100watts.. Some of the builds I've messed around with on IPV2 could really shine around 100watts.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
I know many of us are just now enjoying the new IPV2 50 watt box mod by Pioneer4You. It is a small and compact powerhouse with a nice touch fire innovation (which can be disabled). There are plenty of threads on that unit so I wont go into those details.... BUT I do want to share with you some of the latest I have learned about Pioneer4You's new 100 watt version called the IPV3 coming real soon.

Here are two videos to check out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHO9YbvaaSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDbxS3VLloM

Here is what we think we know right now:
The dimensions, screen, buttons, fire button, and weight are all the same as the iPV2.
The box is the same aluminum box with a USB port (for charging and supposedly to do firmware upgrades to 150 watts later this year) as the ipv2.
The iPV3 apparently uses a new version of YiHI's sx330 version 3 chipset. See LINK. Notice that the low Ohm level is .15. SPECS for YiHiEcigar SX330 V3 100W
It currently has ONE 18650 battery (although i think they could get two in that box with the space that is free under some of the inside plastic).
The unit will come in several different colors. (Right now the ipv2 has shipped the charcoal "black" and the light grey. Blue is supposedly heading out the door to ship.

Here is what we are speculating.
IF the iPV3 uses the YiHi sx330 v3 chip how does it have a USB port and how can it firmware upgrade as the YiHi specs say otherwise. (we know the sx350 will do this) Perhaps they have modified the sx330 version 2 somehow (as their are rumors that the ipV2 will also get a firmware update at some point.)
We are not sure of price but early reports say there will be a MSRP of $130-150.00 USD... of course vendors get them much cheaper in bulk.
The release date is tentatively set for ate August or early September (but they are still tweaking some design issues)

I HOPE THEY:
I hope they make a magnetic closure for the back panel to access the battery easily and not have to charge via usb (which is super slow). Early signs of the design seem to show 4 TINY screws however. Ugh! The 2 screws that are on the iPV2 are real testy at times and seem to strip easily.
I hope they make the ipv3 a dual 18650 (esp if you gonna roast that puppy at 100 watts!)

SIDE NOTE:
While I am at it I might as well share with you that there are some new "special edition/limited edition" versions of the 50 watt iPV2 coming out. Apparently P4Y contracted with a few vendors to put their company name on the sticker side and add a black carbon fiber "wrap" on the front and back. (It would be neat to have a .................. one, huh?) Here is a photo of the VaporRange version:
IPV2-VR2.jpg

I have an email in to a couple P4Y design/leaders to clarify a few things and I will try to keep everyone posted.

Thanks for reading this long winded update and sharing in the excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread