Status
Not open for further replies.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Great mod.
The non-usb 10" charger cord is really dumb though. Why this crappy charge cord, ipv????? (Don't try to answer that for them, because there is no good answer.)

Nope, not really :)

D3 is the same way, so guessing they don't plan to change that.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Great mod.
The non-usb 10" charger cord is really dumb though. Why this crappy charge cord, IPV????? (Don't try to answer that for them, because there is no good answer.)
It'll be more durable than a micro usb port, though I agree that Idaho it's impracticable. Also, with a non-upgradeable mod where you can charge the batteries externally it's not a huge crisis if you break the port. Now with lipo-battery upgradeable mode it's a matter. They really should have a separate charge port.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
My first ipv d2 worked so well (and still does) so I ordered a second right before the d3 came out. Mainly wanted it for a work mod so I wouldn't damage my nicer mods. I noticed as soon as it arrived that the screen was much brighter and "white washed", didn't look right. Sure enough it has died, the mod still works and the screen lights up, however I cannot see any numbers, just a blank lit screen. Has anyone had experience with the warranty on these? I want to send it back but don't want to pay $8 for shipping if it's a waste of time.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I put a dual 0.19 SS316 26g build on the Silverplay V1 and tried it out in Ti mode on the iPV D2. I had to set the temperature of the D2 back to 220F before it would not scorch the Rayon. You could probably get away with 230F to 250F since a damp wick is less likely to scorch when running dry. It vaped very nicely and I can see me switching to SS430 wire before too long, if I can get some to try out on it. ;)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Great mod.
The non-usb 10" charger cord is really dumb though. Why this crappy charge cord, IPV????? (Don't try to answer that for them, because there is no good answer.)

Higher strength - lower failure rate :glare:

Looked at the D3, wanting another TC Mod. Still no SS....... Not worth the updates to me.
Won a X Cube II
Won a VTC-Mini
Bought a Cloupor Mini Plus $16

Wanted something I really Like and I really like using the D2. Hand fit is excellent as is the Performance for my needs.
With Fasttech CNY Discount - $32 :D

Cheap is good - Cheap and dependable is even better :thumbs:

First D2 is married to a KS Tank........possible for life
Second will be for a Discrete RDA setup. Possibly Stumpy or Velocity mini.

Vape safe and enjoy!
:vapor:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Higher strength - lower failure rate :glare:

Looked at the D3, wanting another TC Mod. Still no SS....... Not worth the updates to me.

Maybe the D4 will have SS. That is the main reason I didn't bother getting a D3 to replace my D2. Stepdown in power mode would be welcome, but with the work around, not entirely necessary. Battery door on the D2 has never once bothered me. It's a solid little workhorse and I love mine. Mine is currently married to a Marquis clone and moved my Velocity to my new R200 to use with temp control mainly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Maybe the D4 will have SS. That is the main reason I didn't bother getting a D3 to replace my D2. Stepdown in power mode would be welcome, but with the work around, not entirely necessary. Battery door on the D2 has never once bothered me. It's a solid little workhorse and I love mine. Mine is currently married to a Marquis clone and moved my Velocity to my new R200 to use with temp control mainly.

Agreed, SS D4 would make me look closely.

Currently using the KS tank on the D2 with a Ti Built. only needed to replace once, due to accidental mangling when changing the wick.(hand issue) Single Coil performance has been fantastic...........and I generally run duals. TC on the D2 has been a treat.

Lots of new releases since, but taking away the addition of SS, most can't stand up. Maybe a hand full of dual battery and the RX/DNA 200. 2-3 single 18650 releases that are of interest.(own most)

For my vaping preferences, the VTC-Mini is probably closest.

Reactions: MMW and Tol

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
For what it is the D2 is an awesome mod for sure. If mine breaks I would replace it with a D3. I just hoping the next generation of this little mod sees some bigger changes. I personally like TC on my Smok R200 better than the D2. I have not gotten any SS to try yet though. It looks like P4Y have started upping their TC game with the IPV5, hopefully some of that flows down to other models. I had an eVic VTC Mini for a bit and although I loved it at first, the TC on mine was horrible. Returned it and got the D2 and never looked back.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I love the hand filling shape of my IPV D2, though I find it to be rather heavy. The D3 looks to be even larger and heavier. At least my D2 has been very sturdy, and I really like the easy slide off and on battery compartment cover - which also has turned out to be surprisingly sturdy. I can't see ever getting the D4 though. Way too large and heavy for my tastes. In fact...

...I don't even use the TC feature of my D2 anymore, but have used it regularly anyway. For pure power usage without TC the device has always seemed like a bit of overkill for my needs. I'm just a mouth-to-lung vaper that really only needs vv/vw control in a device that can manage decent sized 510 connection MTL tanks without needing an eGo beauty ring/adapter, and that allows me to easily switch out the batteries whenever I want. Since using the IPV D2, I am no longer a fan of built-in battery devices for vaping. Kudos to the D2 for that. So recently, I've been trying out this...

Kangside Kingside KSD Vamo Box 25W VW Mod

Yep, no temperature control, and only uses an itty-bitty 700 or 800mah 18350 IMR battery, but it is like half the size and weight of my IPV D2, and so far seems very sturdy and reliable. The manufacturer actually sells these with a 18650 battery extension tube, but I've yet to see that available anywhere at an online retail level. The few sellers of these out there seem to exclude the extension tube option in the packages they sell. The finish of the aluminum body is grippier than an IPV D2 - though I wish it were at least partially rubberized. You could run sub ohm coils on it, up to 25W, but that really isn't what it is for, and your batteries wouldn't last very long when used that way anyway. This is just a tootle-puffer device in my book. One that only really works well if you happen to have plenty of good 18350 batteries to run in it - which I just happen to have, thanks to trying out an e-pipe many moons ago. The rather pricey Council of Vapor Mini Volt 40W sub ohm box mod (with TC) also looks pretty interesting for something super small and lightweight, and has a great finish to boot, but has a built-in 1300mah battery I'm not fond of. Otherwise I would have probably bought it instead, though the KSD Vamo 25W box mod is crazy cheap in comparison (I think I got mine for about $16, but shipping took literally weeks).

So far I've been using the KSD Vamo box mod a lot with a Mini Nautilus and a Kabuki clone topper. The shorter, but higher juice capacity, Kabuki matches up with the device well - especially after replacing the Kabuki's funky drip tip with one from a GS Air model tank. The Kabuki, which uses Nautilus coils, seems to work better overall compared to the Mini Nautilus, though it is a heavier tank in comparison. I typically run it at about 4.2 volts with 1.8 ohm coils, so my 18350 batteries only last a few hours before having to be switched out. That is just about the only negative of the device for this type of vaping (the other being the OLED screen is vary dim outdoors in direct sunlight compared to my D2), so I just have to be sure to have plenty of charged 18350 batteries on hand. 18350 batteries are very small though, so that is easy to do. The AW IMR 800mah 18350s work well, but even some older 700mah eFests of mine have done okay - though they are starting to show their age in how long their charge lasts. I've tried the Triton Mini/Nautilus 1.8 ohm Clapton coils in these tanks, which work very well - until they get clogged up and burnout too quickly (usually after only a day or two for me), plus they are way too power hungry compared to regular Nautilus coils (demanding nearly twice the wattage). That makes them rather pointless to me - especially with the MTL setup I'm vaping with now.

Okay, enough of that. This is an IPV D2 thread, not a KSD Vamo box mod thread, but I wanted to share this here anyway since I've used the IPV D2 so regularly up until now, but wanted something smaller and lighter for when I just want to tootle-puff.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
What's all this D4 talk? Hypothetical?

Yes, in case they decide to make another update on that line, I imagine it would be called a D4? lol Just spit balling the idea, AFAIK there has been no talk/plans of something to replace the D3, probably because it hasn't been around too long :) IF they did come out with one and it still was missing SS mode, I would be disappointed, hell I am kind of disappointed that the D3 doesn't have it or custom TCR, something to try to keep pace with Joyetech.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
i'd be willing to bet there is a D4 in development.... I'm pretty sure they know the community is LESS than impressed by the D3! if the D4 was same size, had SS and TCR support, and a micro USB charge port i'd be in ;)

I think quite a lot of folks would be too! I know I would for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread