Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I bought a D2 when they first came out. It's my TC dripper mod using Ti. But when the VTC Mini's firmware version 3.0 gave users TCR control, I got a few of those, and the D2 became a bench player.

The D2/D3 seems to offer a lot less these days in comparison. Cost is about the same. Just compare the two screens! Oh, did I mention upgradable firmware, you'd have a SS setting if they included that little feature. I look past most devices these days if they don't include a way to make the product less obsolete. D4, we'll see I guess. That's my two cents.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
ipv D2 update. Here she is after 8 months of being my exclusive work mod (HVAC). Dropped at least 15-25 times, probably more. She's not a looker any more but still works just as good as when I first bought it. However, I do sometimes find myself wanting step down on occasion.
IMG_20160314_222705-1.jpg IMG_20160314_220426-1.jpg IMG_20160314_220327-1.jpg IMG_20160314_220259-1.jpg

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
IPV D2 update. Here she is after 8 months of being my exclusive work mod (HVAC). Dropped at least 15-25 times, probably more. She's not a looker any more but still works just as good as when I first bought it. However, I do sometimes find myself wanting step down on occasion.
View attachment 539410 View attachment 539408 View attachment 539412 View attachment 539413
I actually like the way it looks. I like the worn look in most things. I've sourced most of my furniture from second hand shops and one of the reasons I feel in low with my current apartment was that the hardwood floor was fantastically worn. I haven't lived in a building built before 1915 since the late 1990s.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I bought a D2 when they first came out. It's my TC dripper mod using Ti. But when the VTC Mini's firmware version 3.0 gave users TCR control, I got a few of those, and the D2 became a bench player.

The D2/D3 seems to offer a lot less these days in comparison. Cost is about the same. Just compare the two screens! Oh, did I mention upgradable firmware, you'd have a SS setting if they included that little feature. I look past most devices these days if they don't include a way to make the product less obsolete. D4, we'll see I guess. That's my two cents.

If Pioneer4You was playing it smart they would be dropping a IPV D4 or IPV D3 v2 or something to fill it's spot right now. Keep the D2/D3 form factor, give it SS mode and TCR control, to at least compete with the eVic VTC Mini. I could care less about a charge port honestly, but FW upgrades and better menus would do well for the IPV D series. I still would buy a D3 over a VTC mini any day, but a lot of people would not.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well, speaking of which, I just saw a site showing pre-order for the IPV D3S
Apparently it has manual TCR mode because of a newer YiHi SX150H chip.

sent using Tapatalk

As others in other forums have already said, with no firmware upgrade path, they just keep pumping out new models to BUY! I'd get another VTC Mini.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
As others in other forums have already said, with no firmware upgrade path, they just keep pumping out new models to BUY! I'd get another VTC Mini.
That is true, but I still will never buy another vtc mini myself. Pioneer 4 You really needs to step up start using more firware upgradeable devices though. That I completely agree with.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
That is true, but I still will never buy another vtc mini myself. Pioneer 4 You really needs to step up start using more firware upgradeable devices though. That I completely agree with.

sent using Tapatalk
Don't bother with a Cuboid either, same ....e as the VTC Mini. I agree that P4U needs to step up their game. I'll keep the Cuboid as I got a deal on it and it works wonderfully as a 150W Power Mode device. They even programmed in the old Dovpo dt-50's remembering the power level for a set resistance function with the new Smart Mode.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hi guys, I was looking at this on another forum where it was pointed that because the efficiency of the yihi board is higher than on the vtc, the same battery with the same vaping settings and coil lasts about 30% more on the Ipv. Sorry I'm not going through the thread to see if it was discussed, but anyone know how much of this is real? I am a vtc user, coming from a provari mini. I was not complaining, I get a couple of days of vaping from a battery but if there is room for more I would buy an Ipv

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So my Evic-vtc mini 510 connector has gone bad so i need to buy new mod. I would love ipv d2 because it doesn't have overhang wit Aromamizer. I don't like Ni200 and i use mainly Nife 48(NiFe52). Did somebody use IPV D2 with Nife48(NiFe52)?? Does it work??
In power mode maybe, I doubt it would perform well in TC.

Reactions: Tol

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Now i see that IPV D2 has max resistance of 0.3ohms in TC. Is that true?
And if it is how it works in Titanium mod, considering that 8 wraps 2.5ID of 28awg is above 0.3ohms?

Yes that is the max in TC
I assume you are talking about a single coil Ti build? You would probably need to drop some wraps or use larger wire.
If you run dual, 8 wraps of Ti on 2.5mm should come in around the 0.23 to 0.26 range

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Ok thank you , it seems new IPV d3s will have up to 1.5ohms in TC, only thing that its missing is TCR.

Yup, and they also have step-down in wattage mode, which the D2 is lacking.

For single battery mods:

The eVic-VTC mini has TCR now and will go up to 1.5 Ohm in TC. I don't personally like JoyeTech devices, but a lot of people love their evic vtc mini
The Smok Treebox will go up to 2.0 Ohm in TC and has TCR as well.

There are probably more mods that have TCR and I know a bunch of dual battery ones do now such as the Cuboid, RX200, IPV5 and the Smok R200
I use a Smok R200 and love it. It's lightweight (actually weighs slightly less with both batteries in it than my D2 with a single battery), has Ni/SS/Ti and TCR and can go to 2.0 Ohm in TC just like the treebox.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Unit Igor

Dec 12, 2015
Money is really not problem, i can buy tommorow
My mistake, the IPV D3s (up for pre-order) does have TCR, the IPV D3 does not (it only has Ni/Ti modes with no TCR)
I asked P4Y on few of their Facebook pages to confirm will IPV d3s have TCR, they didn't bother to reply. Only site that is mentioning TCR is Cheap-vaping. I highly doubt P4Y would miss to mention TCR in IPV D3s specification. I see they didn't miss to mention it in IPV5 specification. I was highly interest in IPV D3S and i googled hell out of it, but like i said only one page mentioning TCR.

Reactions: nelsonm64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread