Status
Not open for further replies.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Ok time for an update. After using this ipv mini for an entire evening here's a con i found The screen in dim mode is too dim to even see unless your in total darkness and then it's barely visible. I didn't even think it had a dim mode since I was using during the day mostly. When you first depress the fire button it is as bright as any other device but as soon as you release it I thought the screen went out (strange) but then driving home this evening in the dark car I could see that it actually dims for 1 min then goes out. Not a deal breaker for me but I would like to see the dim mode brightened. Maybe it's just mine. Have to wait for someone else to receive one and post about it. Even though I don't have one to photograph for comparison The size of this device is almost exactly the same as the ZNA with the standard 18490 tube. I saw someone in my local shop today with a ZNA and it looks to be about the same. Next time I have an opportunity I'll post a pic of the ZNA and the ipv mini side by side. One more small con IMHO I like to hold the device with the curved side in my palm and fire with my index finger. That is the most comfortable position. Being a right hander, the screen is oriented for a lefty in this position. Wish it had a left and right mode for the display like the dna's. The knurled battery cap is very course Easy to grip but might snag on your clothing. Might consider taking tome extra fine grit sand paper to it to smooth off the roughness Other than these little things I still give it a strong thumbs up for build quality, vape quality, and form factor.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I looked at the video on the sigelei mini looks like a sweet device. Looks smaller than the IPV mini. I'm curious myself. They are not out yet but vapor range has it available for pre order for 49.95 which was was I paid on pre order for the IPV mini. I might have to order one of these as well.

I watched the video on the sigelei mini again the dimensions are the same as the ipv mini. only differences being the form factor. Whereas the ipv mini is shaped somewhat like the ZNA, the sigelei mini is completely squared off like the MVP. Instead of a tube style battery compartment the sigelei has a magnetic door on the side of the device. Here's a link to the video which shows it better than I can describe. Based solely on observation the ipv mini seems to be a better built device.
http://youtu.be/iC1JKuA7U2Q

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It's like $47 and change from elev8vape when you use the 15% off code from the front page of their web site. Silver is in-stock.

I'm kicking myself, because my wife ordered me one of these yesterday to put under the tree and we missed THE GIANT LETTERING on the homepage mentioning the coupon code. :facepalm:

Going to park the Aqua V2 I asked Santa for on it. Should be a sweet little combo. :)

jersey girl

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
New jersey
I am looking at the ivp mini as well. I have several efast 3.7 volt, 2000 mah, button top, protected batteries and an xstar charger for same. will I be able to use these with this device? I vape at 8.5 to 9 watts, 70/30 juice and 2.1 ohm coil. I am not into rebuildables, sub ohms, or a cloud chasher, just wanted a mod that was smaller to hold, with removable battery.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I watched the video on the sigelei mini again the dimensions are the same as the ipv mini.

iPV mini or Sigelei mini ... decisions decisions

I looked at the video on the sigelei mini looks like a sweet device. Looks smaller than the IPV mini.

Hmmm, I hadn't heard of the Sigelei Mini until you posted this...I may be rethinking some upcoming purchases. :)

Went to YouTube and they have reviews of the "Sigelei Mini"...and also have reviews of the "Sigelei Zmax Mini".

Are they the same device???

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Went to YouTube and they have reviews of the "Sigelei Mini"...and also have reviews of the "Sigelei Zmax Mini".

Are they the same device???

Nope. The ZMAX Mini is a 15w tube mod:

ZMAX Mini.jpg

The Sigelei Mini is a 30w box mod:

sigelei mini.jpg

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I am looking at the ivp mini as well. I have several efast 3.7 volt, 2000 mah, button top, protected batteries and an xstar charger for same. will I be able to use these with this device? I vape at 8.5 to 9 watts, 70/30 juice and 2.1 ohm coil. I am not into rebuildables, sub ohms, or a cloud chasher, just wanted a mod that was smaller to hold, with removable battery.

Yes you will be able to use your batteries but I doubt you'll need the charger. The mini has uab charging. From your description of your vaping style you should be able to get a full day off of one battery. Just plug it in at bedtime and your good to go in the morning. I have a Samsung 2500 mah battery in mine and I've been vaping for about 12 hrs at 10-12w and I still have about 30% battery left. Should your milage differ from mine just have a spare battery charged and you can swap it out in seconds.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Please stop clogging up the IPV Mini thread with Sigelei Mini chat. Start another thread. :glare:

Sorry about the mis direction. I answered a post about the Sigelei and was making comparisons to the IPV mini. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to the star of the show:
4fe3e230ca288c266677dad8f8651eb1.jpg

Nice fit with the Kayfun don't you think?

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Just ordered mine at elev8vape. Use the coupon code on their page. $50.63 out the door. It was this or another istick with maybe threading problem.

I think you'll be pleased with your choice. I too replaced a failed istick with the IPV mini and I'm very satisfied with it.

Jethro66

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
GTA Ontario
Sorry about the mis direction. I answered a post about the Sigelei and was making comparisons to the IPV mini. Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to the star of the show:
4fe3e230ca288c266677dad8f8651eb1.jpg

Nice fit with the Kayfun don't you think?
That looks really sweet!! That Quartz tank looks pretty slick as well..I can't wait to try the Lemo with this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread