Antioch, CA

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Glad to see that blog still has some legs :laugh:

I'll be following this thread closely. I like every thing I see. I just wonder if it can take a beating like my trusty MVP? The Mini is currently on the top of my list for next mod but I want to see how it holds up for a little while because I arm hard as heck on my equipment.

I can tell you first hand, this thing is built like a tank. It's probably the most solid feeling device I've held next to my vapor flask.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Would like to know what battery would be best for this device. I'm currently checking the batts on rtdvape.com and want a high mah rated one. Will this one be the way to go as it doesn't say high drain? Efest IMR 18650 3100mAh 20amp Flat Top - RTD vapor Any better suggestions would be appreciated.

I've been using Panasonic NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries in my Vamo's without any problems ($19.45/2).

They're "only" 10 Amp but I believe will be OK for the IPV Mini (I'm waiting til I can find the Gold.)

ebay:

2X New Genuine Panasonic NCR18650B 3 7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li ion Battery | eBay

Amazon:

Amazon.com: Two Panasonic NCR18650B 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries QTY 2: Electronics

geekmedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
I was really wanting to get something else, however after seeing the above video (seeing the side by side of the aforementioned something else) I decided to go with this simply due to the cost. Really hoping this has addressed the issues that the iStick has, I have tried to baby my iStick, but it is not holding up. I like the size of the iStick, but want longevity in my mod (read 510 connection is giving out). My Hana DNA 30 was perfoming very well until user error caused it to fail. Really hoping this will take the front seat as my daily carry and my iStick and Hana will take the back seat. Now if only I could get a wrap for it.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I was really wanting to get something else, however after seeing the above video (seeing the side by side of the aforementioned something else) I decided to go with this simply due to the cost. Really hoping this has addressed the issues that the iStick has, I have tried to baby my iStick, but it is not holding up. I like the size of the iStick, but want longevity in my mod (read 510 connection is giving out). My Hana DNA 30 was perfoming very well until user error caused it to fail. Really hoping this will take the front seat as my daily carry and my iStick and Hana will take the back seat. Now if only I could get a wrap for it.

Funny you mentioned wrap. I spoke with Jwraps representative last night and they were supposed to get their IPV mini in today. They told me the wraps should be on their website by Thursday.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Vapor Range seems to not care if I exist.
No communication whatsoever since day 1.
Emailed them about their CC system issue. They fixed it but never acknowledged anything or thanks, the another card/NADA!!
No Confirmation of my order placed for (2) Black IPN Mini
Had to check my account to confirm myself that they had them on order.
Had to keep checking to see the Order was on hold

NOW - The order shows completed and after some digging - checking shipments - I found a tracking #

Man, I hope these Both work properly. I just want to close this fiasco out! :facepalm:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Got my mini yesterday from vapor range and I'm not really a tech guy but I am liking it so far. Bought as a upgrade from the i-stick and so far so good. Solid build nic e size and works great. I use it with a nautilus 5ml and a kayfun with a 20amp 3400mah battery at work. I drive 9 to 10 hrs a day. It seems easy on the battery and a charge should last me 2 days. So far it will be my new work mod with the i-stick as the back up.

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Got my mini yesterday from vapor range and I'm not really a tech guy but I am liking it so far. Bought as a upgrade from the i-stick and so far so good. Solid build nic e size and works great. I use it with a nautilus 5ml and a kayfun with a 20amp 3400mah battery at work. I drive 9 to 10 hrs a day. It seems easy on the battery and a charge should last me 2 days. So far it will be my new work mod with the i-stick as the back up.

Good to hear! Mine should be in my mailbox today. I'm going to make it my work and travel mod, since right now I'm taking my IPV3 to work with me, and it feels like my shirts gonna tear off when I throw it in my work shirt pocket xD

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US
couldn't help myself anymore. ordered one from elev8vape for $56 shipped :) apparently they're in stock... guess we'll see ;) one question, for those of you that have one, does it fire straight out of sleep mode? pleeeaaaase say it does.
I saw the black IPV Mini in stock at elev8 and couldn't resist. Mine was $50 and change shipped with the xmas14 coupon. Selling my MVP 2 and iStick to make room for this one.

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
Got my silver mini in yesterday and my black shipped out yesterday as well (Both from Vapor Range). Battery wise I am using Samsung 25r (These seem to last along time in any setting I have used them). I have button top and flat top they both fit and work fine.

This thing is quite solid. Definitely feels like it can handle the type of abuse I dish out. Don't forget to peel the screen protector off or the screen does not look right. (yes there is one just start peeling an edge)

The topper is a Kayfun Undead (Twisted 30g 2.4mm @ 1.4ohms) Obviously will look right on the black. I am vaping at 17.1w and it is working great.

IPV Mini.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread