The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

iPV2 50w... Clone? or updated/outdated version.

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by SP3C1ALSAWC3, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
    Hey, I just bought a ipv2 yesterday. I had been checking them out online for a while and hearing some good/some bad (just like everything else) and decided to go ahead and get one.
    Once I got this bad boy home and popped in a VTC5, everything is working as it should. I can dig it!

Only a couple of things caught my attention, once I was over the "new toy" syndrome.

My ipv2 has hex head screws, not phillips heads (which people complained about stripping out all the time)
    - has a nylon strap in the battery compartment to assist when removing the battery.
    - Does not have the icons for the power, plus, or minus buttons.
    - laser etched logo on the back instead of the imprinted
    -serial number in right spot
    - QC and warranty card inside of packaging

I'm not sure if its a clone. I have been searching "ipv2 clone" all over the place and can't find anything, but I am seeing the majority of them have icons next to the buttons, etc. and some do not.
    hinge the question, is it a new batch, an old batch, or are clones already starting to pop up and majority hasn't noticed?

Thanks for any help in answering. I will post some pics shortly for comparison.

2. moorejr300

moorejr300 Full Member

Sep 9, 2014
    charlotte nc usa
    I know the hex screws are an update. Not sure about the rest

3. Aumaan

Aumaan Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    United States
    Could be the IPV2s but I believe it's 60w not 50w.

4. Eddiemunster13

Eddiemunster13 Full Member

Sep 3, 2014
    United States
    you dont have an ipv2 you have an ipv2s it's the updated version!

5. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
    its not the ipv2s, I checked that one out in comparison. Have to wait til I get to the house and upload pics. Can't seem to do it from an iPhone.

6. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I believe you got the updated version. I was looking at them this morning and what you described was exactly what they had posted on their page.

Here is a list of improvements in the new version:Improved Battery Compartment AreaBattery Compartment Held Down with 4 Screws instead of 2Added a Battery String to remove the Battery EasierNewer Look With a Thicker ShellNew Back Cover Screws that are Stronger Hex Screws

7. Eric986

Eric986 Full Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I have an ipv 2 it has philips bought from uk its the 50w model it has + - symbols on side above buttons

8. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
  9. tacomenace21

tacomenace21 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Georgia
    That looks like the IPV2 V2 an updated version of the orignal IPV2. Not sure if its a clone though

10. osrix

osrix Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    UK South
    looks a bit nicer than the first batch, maybe they just ironed out the niggles, not a bad thing!

11. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
    I wish the mfg website was legitimate. It's so wonky.
    These vape mfgs should start having updated websites, where you can register all your vape gear. IMHO

12. TheMoneyTeam

TheMoneyTeam New Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Got my ipv2 earlier this day and it looks exactly like that. Got me confused too.

13. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
    I've been doing more research, and it seems it's the updated version of the version 2.
    It's not the ipv2s, just more like a second batch where they fixed issues they had with them
    Hope this helps the confusion. I know I paid $90 for mine, plus a fresh new VTC5, wanted some peace of mind also

14. SleppX

SleppX Full Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Ohio
    Hey guys, I couldn't find anything in google about counterfeits, fakes, or clones. But I seen rip trippers video on the IPV2 and a few others. I have the same concern on to exactly what we purchased here... Theirs has that seem along the top of the battery plate and different screws than ours. Did any one figure out if it's really an updated version of hype IPV2? If it is... It doesn't really makes sense because that other version looks nicer IMO.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Gary301184

Gary301184 New Member

I've researched this and I've contacted the vendor I purchased my IPV2 v2 from and they have assured me that the mod with the hex screws, no + and no - buttons are not fakes or clones. They are the updated version.
    I was really worried when mine arrived and it looked different from all the IPV2 reviews I watched but I have been assured mine is real and just the updated version.

16. MrPlink

MrPlink Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have the original. Trust me, the new one is better.
    If you don't believe me, send me a PM and I will gladly trade you my original one for your alleged clone.

17. SleppX

SleppX Full Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Ohio
    $120 well spent! This box FREAKING rocks! And it's not a clone or fake. Thanks guys :) I had this thread plus some outside sources telling me that it's the real deal, just new version with some different looks....
    I was also told we could update our firmware in the box? Any info on that?

18. SP3C1ALSAWC3

SP3C1ALSAWC3 Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    JAX, FL
    Ipv2 v2 isn't updatable. The ipv2s is, however updatable to 60 or 75w.

19. Ironmaidon1

Ironmaidon1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yup. Looks like the IPV2S to me. Goes up to 60 watts.

20. SleppX

SleppX Full Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Ohio
    First of all, I love iron maiden. Second, I haven't plugged it into my PC yet. But this box only goes to 50W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.