iPV2 50w... Clone? or updated/outdated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SP3C1ALSAWC3

Sep 13, 2014
JAX, FL
Hey, I just bought a ipv2 yesterday. I had been checking them out online for a while and hearing some good/some bad (just like everything else) and decided to go ahead and get one.
Once I got this bad boy home and popped in a VTC5, everything is working as it should. I can dig it!

Only a couple of things caught my attention, once I was over the "new toy" syndrome.

My ipv2 has hex head screws, not phillips heads (which people complained about stripping out all the time)
- has a nylon strap in the battery compartment to assist when removing the battery.
- Does not have the icons for the power, plus, or minus buttons.
- laser etched logo on the back instead of the imprinted
-serial number in right spot
- QC and warranty card inside of packaging

I'm not sure if its a clone. I have been searching "ipv2 clone" all over the place and can't find anything, but I am seeing the majority of them have icons next to the buttons, etc. and some do not.
hinge the question, is it a new batch, an old batch, or are clones already starting to pop up and majority hasn't noticed?

Thanks for any help in answering. I will post some pics shortly for comparison.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I believe you got the updated version. I was looking at them this morning and what you described was exactly what they had posted on their page.

Here is a list of improvements in the new version:Improved Battery Compartment AreaBattery Compartment Held Down with 4 Screws instead of 2Added a Battery String to remove the Battery EasierNewer Look With a Thicker ShellNew Back Cover Screws that are Stronger Hex Screws

SP3C1ALSAWC3

Sep 13, 2014
JAX, FL
image3.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

SP3C1ALSAWC3

Sep 13, 2014
JAX, FL
Got my ipv2 earlier this day and it looks exactly like that. Got me confused too.

I've been doing more research, and it seems it's the updated version of the version 2.
It's not the ipv2s, just more like a second batch where they fixed issues they had with them
Hope this helps the confusion. I know I paid $90 for mine, plus a fresh new VTC5, wanted some peace of mind also

SleppX

Oct 6, 2014
Ohio
Hey guys, I couldn't find anything in google about counterfeits, fakes, or clones. But I seen rip trippers video on the IPV2 and a few others. I have the same concern on to exactly what we purchased here... Theirs has that seem along the top of the battery plate and different screws than ours. Did any one figure out if it's really an updated version of hype IPV2? If it is... It doesn't really makes sense because that other version looks nicer IMO.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I've researched this and I've contacted the vendor I purchased my IPV2 v2 from and they have assured me that the mod with the hex screws, no + and no - buttons are not fakes or clones. They are the updated version.
I was really worried when mine arrived and it looked different from all the IPV2 reviews I watched but I have been assured mine is real and just the updated version.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Hey guys, I couldn't find anything in google about counterfeits, fakes, or clones. But I seen rip trippers video on the IPV2 and a few others. I have the same concern on to exactly what we purchased here... Theirs has that seem along the top of the battery plate and different screws than ours. Did any one figure out if it's really an updated version of hype IPV2? If it is... It doesn't really makes sense because that other version looks nicer IMO.
View attachment 379195 View attachment 379196 View attachment 379197

I have the original. Trust me, the new one is better.
If you don't believe me, send me a PM and I will gladly trade you my original one for your alleged clone.

SP3C1ALSAWC3

Sep 13, 2014
JAX, FL
$120 well spent! This box FREAKING rocks! And it's not a clone or fake. Thanks guys :) I had this thread plus some outside sources telling me that it's the real deal, just new version with some different looks....
I was also told we could update our firmware in the box? Any info on that?

Ipv2 v2 isn't updatable. The ipv2s is, however updatable to 60 or 75w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread