IPV2S unstable resistance problem - something to do with spring loaded connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the ipv3 and have taking it apart and the wire is soldered to the 510 so that is confirmed also if you start having jumpy resistance, take a q tip and clean the threads inside the 510 of the ipv and this will help it quite a bit I find mine gets really dirty over a couple weeks so if it starts jumping I clean it up good as well as keep your atomizer pins and threads good and clean and it will not happen.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I have the ipv3 and have taking it apart and the wire is soldered to the 510 so that is confirmed also if you start having jumpy resistance, take a q tip and clean the threads inside the 510 of the ipv and this will help it quite a bit I find mine gets really dirty over a couple weeks so if it starts jumping I clean it up good as well as keep your atomizer pins and threads good and clean and it will not happen.

Good advice. In fact, I clean my connector threads each time I refill.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
The adjustable 510 screw on the orchid for me. it gets a bit wobbly if not tightened snug.

Same experience with the 510 pin being the culprit here as well. It's strange, because while you'd think it's preferable to have the 510 pin coming out past the threading, counterintuitive le, on the ipv2s, it likes everything with the 510 pin adjusted in as far as it'll go. Like, on my lemo drop, if I don't have the 510 pin tightened up all the way in to where it's not even coming out past the threading I get wacky reading for resistance that bounce all over and give me burnt wicks. Really strange and I'm still thinking this is an issue that's rooted with the ipv2s and that this 510 pin trick is just a weird work around, but Ya, I suspect soldering issues with the spring loaded pin on the ipv2s...

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I had the same problem when I first got mine.I even went as far as contacting vendor for an RMA. After checking more into the problem, I found it was indeed my orchid's problem. fixed that and then felt like an idiot . I just assumed it was the IPV2. Lesson learned!

Would you care to elaborate on what exactly you pinpointed the problem down to and what the solution was with the orchid, BC I'm getting the same annoying results with my orchid and nothing is more frustrating than proudly tightening down your top cap on a meticulously tweeted and perfected build+wicking only to go for a taste and you get nothing but heat and burnt because your $100+ mod is reading your resistance incorrectly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread