Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Ebay seller lists the sig having a touch sensor...I can't watch videos at the moment...

My decision will come down to dimensions... I'm leaning towards the sig at the moment though. I like the fire button..looks beefy, but I will take whichever one is closer to the size of the IPV2..

I don't know how anybody can give a worthwhile opinion since they are both not even released yet lol.

lol

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Ebay seller lists the sig having a touch sensor...I can't watch videos at the moment...

My decision will come down to dimensions... I'm leaning towards the sig at the moment though. I like the fire button..looks beefy, but I will take whichever one is closer to the size of the IPV2..

lol

I just saw pics of that Sig and i also really like that fire button , looks really sharp . I also saw that Kato mechanical box mod and i think i want that as well , man where's the money go .

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I definitely think I need both, just in case of the apocalypse. My kids can go hungry a few days so I'll have plenty of mods when the government tries to take em.

Well, I use portable battery holders for many things.... I actually am modifying an atomizer to use one of my 6Volt mods for a low voltage tester for my LED boards while installing them...just cuz. They make a good heater...great tool for burning yourself, eyelash removal...endless applications for a battery tube..
Braveheart-590x300.jpg

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I don't know how anybody can give a worthwhile opinion since they are both not even released yet lol.

Usually this question comes up after they have been on the market for awhile and don't forget , ones persons favorite should not mean it should be your favorite , pick what is best for you.

Never stopped anyone before :toast:

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
not only will you get opinions about mods that haven't been produced , it will be shortly followed by complaints about shipping times,tracking numbers, and why a later order number was received quicker than an earlier order number-apperently every product thread must turn into a tracking thread......

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
not only will you get opinions about mods that haven't been produced , it will be shortly followed by complaints about shipping times,tracking numbers, and why a later order number was received quicker than an earlier order number-apperently every product thread must turn into a tracking thread......
Don't forget that most of the posts commenting about vendors not shipping come from people that didn't even order from that vendor. LOL.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Until it out it looks great, but just the IPV looked perfect. It is close to perfect for me, but I wish they took the money they wasted on the useless touch fire and put in into a better fire button. But until it comes out you wont be able to have any gripes about it, just excitement lol. Both are great mods. If you dont have a High voltage/wattage device or mech mod i would recommend taking the jump and getting the IPV, if you already have a device then wait it out and see what crazy things are bound to happen. Please no more vendor drama it should be banned lol

thenebulous

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Central/Jersey Shore, NJ
Not much - just the backplate overhang/sliding, tiny screws that strip easily, no step down, and chance of gap for atomizers with long 510 pins (read it in the IPV thread), otherwise P4Y came out with a solid device and I have high hopes for the Sigelei 100w. I actually canceled the IPV V2 preorder so I could switch it up for the Sig. To really determine the "better" mod we will all have to play the waiting game. P4Y has to change dimensions slightly to house the extra 18650 so the style of the mod might change and address any of the slight problems with the IPV V1 and V2.

BTW - the Sigelei 100w only goes in 1w increments rather than .1w (like the IPV) or even .5w. This is pretty problematic for low wattage vapers, or if you occasionally want a low watt vape, or if you simply just want to fine tune your vape. We really should get this changed before they go into full swing production. Everybody should contact the reps over at sigelei and ask that they please address this problem.

Last edited:

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana
Not much - just the backplate overhang/sliding, tiny screws that strip easily, no step down, and chance of gap for atomizers with long 510 pins (read it in the IPV thread), otherwise P4Y came out with a solid device and I have high hopes for the Sigelei 100w. I actually canceled the IPV V2 preorder so I could switch it up for the Sig. To really determine the "better" mod we will all have to play the waiting game. P4Y has to change dimensions slightly to house the extra 18650 so the style of the mod might change and address any of the slight problems with the IPV V1 and V2.

BTW - the Sigelei 100w only goes in 1w increments rather than .1w (like the IPV) or even .5w. This is pretty problematic for low wattage vapers, or if you occasionally want a low watt vape, or if you simply just want to fine tune your vape. We really should get this changed before they go into full swing production. Everybody should contact the reps over at sigelei and ask that they please address this problem.
That's odd about the .1 wattage adjustment being removed or at least having .5 increments. I don't see it as a deal breaker, but I do see it as a con for the device. I wonder if it's a feature they removed to make more room for new features on the programming side such as the power tables being so much bigger for all the wattage range or if it was for scrolling purposes.

Surely it wasn't scrolling, while the DNA 30 would take longer to get from 7 to 50 watts if it used the same adjustment speed as the DNA 30, the IPV2 has REALLY fast adjustment, like almost too fast if one gets distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread