Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
This is a quick review of the black IPV4S from pioneer4you, specs and then listing some pros and cons

Specs:
  • Black billet aluminum body
  • Ball bearing battery cover
  • Custom milled display screen
  • Runs on dual 18650
  • Houses yihi SX-330-V4S chip
  • Spring loaded brass 510 atomizer contact pin
  • Three different modes
  1. Kanthal 10W to 120W
  2. Nickel 200 10J to 50J
  3. Titanium 10J to 100J
  • Atomizer resistance range: 0.10 Ohms to 3.00 Ohms
  • Joule resistance range: 0.05 Ohms to 0.30 Ohms
  • Temperature range: 212-572 Farenheit
  • Temperature range: 100-300 Celsius
  • Dome styled power button & +/- Buttons
How to use the mod:
  • Five clicks with power button to turn it on
  • Five clicks to enter settings: press power button to cycle thru each sub menu
  1. Power on/off, up or down turns the device off
  2. Mode: joule or power, up or down to switch modes (if you use power mode, there will only be three submenus, power on/off, exit, or mode select)
  3. Unit: F or C, up or down to change temperature modes
  4. Temp: up or down to go from 100-300 celsius or 212-572 farenheit, it does not go from 100 to 300 C, if you want to go back up you have to press up button
  5. Coil select: Ni200 or Titanium (up or down to change which coils you are using)
  6. Setting resistance: when you are at the main menu, press + and - simultaneously to set the resistance for your ni200 and titanium wires
  7. In the main menu in power mode: press the up button to cycle through your presets, there is five in total (M1 to M5), press the down button to adjust
  8. In the main menu in Joule Mode: press the up button to cycle through your presets, M1 = 10J, M2 = 20J, M3 = 30J, M4= 40J, M5 = 50J, press the down button to adjust the Joules
Pros:
  • Three different modes to choose from: 120W Kanthal, 50J Ni200, 100J Titanium, makes the device flexible
  • Upgradeable firmware: future proofing yourself, dont have to buy newest mods as they come out, the mini usb will not charge your device, its strictly for future upgrades
  • They did away with the charging port, the one i got doesn't even have a hole/plugged hole
  • Feels and looks very nice, not a big mod and not a tiny one, i'd say its right around the middle
  • Very easy to use, intuitive menus
  • Screen is very clear and bright, no mirror look that plagued the original IPV4 (if your screen looks scratched, don't worry, it has a plastic film over it that you can choose to remove or not to remove) and reads resistance to the hundredths
  • The Threading for the 510 is very smooth
  • Fires up fast
Cons:
  • Battery Does Not Display In Percentages
  • Presets for Joule Mode does not get memorized
  • Presets for Power Mode can set itself sometimes, it is weird, i have it at 30, 50, 70, 90, 110, if i change to joules mode and back, it can become 30, 30, 70, 90, 110, weird
  • Ball Bearing Battery Cover longevity is still not known, magnets would be a better choice
  • Ball Bearing Battery Cover feels cheap and plastic, i much prefer metal door with the nice smooth matte finish on the outside
  • The paint comes off easily
  • The mod can be very easy to drop, it is on the slippery side, good and bad thing
  • Tanks exceeding 22mm, it will have overhang
  • Taking out the batteries with the strap WILL damage your batteries covers, simply press down and remove with your fingernails instead, the strap is pretty much useless
Conclusion:
I had my concerns that this mod will feel cheap, but once i got it, I couldn't be happier, it looks and feels excellent, the form factor isn't big or small, just right.
If they update the mod in the future to make sure the power mode and joule mode presets are memorized, change the battery cover to metal and magnets, and display the battery life in percentages, then this mod would be perfecto, this mod i would highly recommend for anyone looking for a dual 18650 mod that houses a yihi chip.
IMG_3692.JPG
IMG_3693.JPG
IMG_3694.JPG

Reactions: Paul lamb

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Taking out the batteries with the strap WILL damage your batteries covers, simply press down and remove with your fingernails instead, the strap is pretty much useless
This for sure. I had to re wrap two sets after I realized it was tearing them to shreds.
  • The paint comes off easily
  • The mod can be very easy to drop, it is on the slippery side, good and bad thing
I bought a sleeve for this reason and it helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread