Iran: Nukes, good; e-cigs, bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
... I think the best thing for me to do is not post for a few weeks since my views are causing such a level of anger. I should never have joined the debate, these things always cause hassle ...

C'mon Pete, don't be daft, it's just a talking shop here, nobody can get physically hurt. It's just that some of us get more emotional about certain issues than others.

I enjoy your posts, it would be a real pity if you stopped because someone might take offence at something that wasn't intended to be offensive.

We all need thick skins on the internet, we are exposed to all sorts of weird and wonderful influences that make us challenge our perceptions and values. The strength of a forum like this is the diversity of opinion, rarely are things clear cut, black and white and we all bring our own particular shades and colours to the table.

I value your contributions, please don't stop.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i enjoy such conversations as well bertrand.. its how we learn.. assuming we wish to learn.. most dont..

and just to keep it all on an even keel.. the british fire bombing of civilians in dresden and the likes was pretty evil and barbaric... we knew the place was full of refugees and we set out to burn the lot to a crisp..

during the 1940s the basic rules of civilized warfare changed.. the killing of "innocent" civilians became the norm.. the purpose to break the will of the enemy country.. the rational behind it.. wars are won by destruction of the enemies will to fight as opposed to the destruction of his means to fight..

the rules got changed again at the beginning of this current century.. the doctrine of pre-emptive attack is now here.. which simply means get in the first blow and kill the (potential) enemy before he attacks..

the other main change is the promotion of "tactical" nuclear weapons.. in short the old rule of never ever use the things (mutually assured destruction) has been changed to its okay for us to use them.. also to take out any other bugger who we think might get the same idea in the future.. pre-emptively..

who is "we" dunno for sure but the UK led by the US seem to be in the same team.. one other little place comes to mind but i wont mention that.. some things must never be spoken of... he he

and why does it all go on.. because we all believe in the inherent good of our countries and the people that rule our lives.. the ignorance is thru choice not lack of information..

trog

Last edited:

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
i enjoy such conversations as well bertrand.. its how we learn.. assuming we wish to learn.. most dont..

and just to keep it all on an even keel.. the british fire bombing of civilians in dresden and the likes was pretty evil and barbaric... we knew the place was full of refugees and we set out to burn the lot to a crisp..

during the 1940s the basic rules of civilized warfare changed.. the killing of "innocent" civilians became the norm.. the purpose to break the will of the enemy country.. the rational behind it.. wars are won by destruction of the enemies will to fight as opposed to the destruction of his means to fight..

the rules got changed again at the beginning of this current century.. the doctrine of pre-emptive attack is now here.. which simply means get in the first blow and kill the (potential) enemy before he attacks..

the other main change is the promotion of "tactical" nuclear weapons.. in short the old rule of never ever use the things (mutually assured destruction) has been changed to its okay for us to use them.. also to take out any other bugger who we think might get the same idea in the future.. pre-emptively..

who is "we" dunno for sure but the UK led by the US seem to be in the same team.. one other little place comes to mind but i wont mention that.. some things must never be spoken of... he he

and why does it all go on.. because we all believe in the inherent good of our countries and the people that rule our lives.. the ignorance is thru choice not lack of information..

trog

coughISRAELcough

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Trog, I've come to the conclusion that Reign is in fact a middle schooler parading as a smoker. Only a child could come up with arguments as juvenile and invalid as his.

:mad: Who exactly is the middle schooler here? What purpose does publicly insulting another poster serve? It certainly doesn't serve to demonstrate your maturity, or your manners.

We need a thumbs down smilie.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
:mad: Who exactly is the middle schooler here? What purpose does publicly insulting another poster serve? It certainly doesn't serve to demonstrate your maturity, or your manners.

We need a thumbs down smilie.

Before you and your bird get all up in arms, check out his past posts. Here's an example of him "defending his argument" and clearly demonstrating his maturity and manners.

Glad you can admit that you are a fool. So I am to believe that you were involved in the decision to drop the bombs and you care less about your soldiers? Stating it as absolute fact means you must have been there first hand and been a deciding factor on it. Otherwise you are just another anti-government crybaby too scared to fight a war and too scared to fight against it except on an e-smoking forum. If you know all the answers, maybe you should share it with the rest of the world who is obviously too dumb to grasp what you seem to have been born knowing.

And again, this is only ONE example. If you look back, insulting people was pretty much his only argument most of the time.

Yeah, thumbs down indeed.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Yeah, but right now, you weren't talking to him, and he wasn't taling to you. You just out of the blue shot off an insult about him on a public thread. No purpose, no point, nothing but a gratuitous insult. That's out of line. You want to tell Trog how you feel about Reign, PM him. It had no place in a public forum.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
Trog, I've come to the conclusion that Reign is in fact a middle schooler parading as a smoker. Only a child could come up with arguments as juvenile and invalid as his.

Wow, I am flattered you cant get me off of your mind. :p

Really though, you try to pawn off your opinions(which is exactly all they are) as fact. I thought I was done in the thread after putting my OPINIONS out there, fixing my avatar so there wasnt a big red dot that looked like a Japanese flag, getting kicked in the teeth by kate 8-o, and loosing valuable vaping time from replying so much.

Anyways, my final opinion is if you dislike the US that much and think we are that evil. Then go live someplace else...it doesnt matter to me. Love it or leave it brother...

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Wow, I am flattered you cant get me off of your mind. :p

Really though, you try to pawn off your opinions(which is exactly all they are) as fact. I thought I was done in the thread after putting my OPINIONS out there, fixing my avatar so there wasnt a big red dot that looked like a Japanese flag, getting kicked in the teeth by kate 8-o, and loosing valuable vaping time from replying so much.

Anyways, my final opinion is if you dislike the US that much and think we are that evil. Then go live someplace else...it doesnt matter to me. Love it or leave it brother...

Wait, so according to your logic, if you don't agree with the government in place of YOUR country, you should tough it out or LEAVE?

Wow, glad fascism is still alive and kicking.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Yeah, but right now, you weren't talking to him, and he wasn't taling to you. You just out of the blue shot off an insult about him on a public thread. No purpose, no point, nothing but a gratuitous insult. That's out of line. You want to tell Trog how you feel about Reign, PM him. It had no place in a public forum.

Actually, it's my opinion and I'm part of this PUBLIC forum just as much as he is, so... how is that out of line again?

Yeah it was a gratuitous insult because I'm tired of playing nice to douche bags who don't respect other people, especially silly indoctrinated pro-war Americans who like spouting off rhetoric and trying to play the condescending card every time someone isn't GUNG HO about state-funded terrorism - OH I'm sorry, that's politically incorrect. I meant "spreading freedom the American way." My fault.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
Wait, so according to your logic, if you don't agree with the government in place of YOUR country, you should tough it out or LEAVE?

Wow, glad fascism is still alive and kicking.

If you are so unhappy with the system and refuse to actually do anything about it then yes, that is exactly what I am saying. You should not have to live your life unhappy all the time because of where you live.

Reign

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2008
Maryland
Actually, it's my opinion and I'm part of this PUBLIC forum just as much as he is, so... how is that out of line again?

Yeah it was a gratuitous insult because I'm tired of playing nice to douche bags who don't respect other people, especially silly indoctrinated pro-war Americans who like spouting off rhetoric and trying to play the condescending card every time someone isn't GUNG HO about state-funded terrorism - OH I'm sorry, that's politically incorrect. I meant "spreading freedom the American way." My fault.

You called me immature? Name calling was left back in high school with the "yo mama" jokes. If you cant debate without getting your feelings hurt then maybe you have the problem.

I do not think I have disrespected anyone. I have voiced my opinion on the topics and argued with a few people. In fact, if I have disrespected anyone then I appologize, but that doesnt change where I stand on my side of the debate.

You see, some people here love their country. Is that a fault or should we all be as hateful and disgruntled as you?

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
You called me immature? Name calling was left back in high school with the "yo mama" jokes. If you cant debate without getting your feelings hurt then maybe you have the problem.

I do not think I have disrespected anyone. I have voiced my opinion on the topics and argued with a few people. In fact, if I have disrespected anyone then I appologize, but that doesnt change where I stand on my side of the debate.

You see, some people here love their country. Is that a fault or should we all be as hateful and disgruntled as you?

Yeah I love this country too, which is why it pisses me off that the government gets away with half the crap it pulls on its own citizens, let alone when said citizens DEFEND said crap out of some unjustifiable lapse in critical thinking they masquerade as pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread