is 24mg density to strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Jun 17, 2008
Hi i am a girl from Norway,i have 24 mg density liquid.
I am wondering if that is to strong liquid to smoke?
i smoke much daily...maybe about 30 smokes pr day...maybe more i have not count them :D ..i smoke tobaco and not cigarette.
i use to change between extra light tobaco to strong or normal tobaco.
I read something on the forum that in fact the e-cig liquid it less nicotine in then in each puff of a normal smoke?
any one know how much the difference is?
i got the extra high density but are unsure to start smoking them instead of tobaco it in case i get to much nicotine lol seem a bit difficult to figure out how much i can smoke e.cig to get the same dossage of nicotine as i normal does.
I have tested the extra high density but i feel like i can take many puffs to at all feel satisfied whit it...so mybe its not easy to get the same ammount of nicotine out from them as whit a normal smoke?
I really like the concept of e-cig and i love the taste of strawberry from e-cig...think it taste better then normal smoke.
But i somehow feel like its not quite the same.

i tested the dry smoke method on the e-cig as i had read on another forum, because there was to litle smoke comming out of the cig ..but when i dry smoked it whit only taking a drop or two on the atomizer well then it came plenty of smoke out of it.And Today i got the super mini cig,thought i would test it sinse it looks nice like a normal cig...and tryed to test it before i had charged the battery...took one puff after inserting the cartridge....eww and ended up whit liquid in my mouth rofl ...it tasted awfull...felt like i had burned my tongue for a minute or so hahah.but i am now charging the battery and i think when its donne i will test it whit dry smoking and see if it works well.i better give some smoke out of it haha

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Rose, there are too many variables to give you a flat answer on nicotine strength. Tests in New Zealand (the only ones done) show that 16mg (high nicotine) provides half the nicotine per puff of a puff from a real cigarette. So extra high (24mg) gives only a little more, but you'd need 32mg liquid to equal a cigarette. That's not sold, perhaps for legal reasons.

But the amount of vapor your cig produces is critical. You won't get much nicotine from a wimpy wisp of vapor. A long inhalation with a good e-cig, however, can send your head spinning. I've used 24mg liquid since January.

At 30 cigs a day (same as I smoked), you can start with strong nicotine. At the first hint of headache or dizziness, stop! That means you're heading for an overdose and an extended visit to your bathroom.

Good luck finding the perfect balance to keep the crazies at bay and your inner self mellow.

Rose

Jun 17, 2008
Thank you for your response TropicalBob,yes i guess your right...if i get to much i will probably notice it :D
i can remember in the start when i started smoke cigarette...whitch is for 15 years sinse :eek: then when i had smoked to much i got nauseous.But never in the later years..so guess the body after the years of smoking have gotten used to more nicotine then in the start. But would be great if whit the help of ecig could stop smoking normal tobaco and as times go try to lesser the nicotine and using lower and lower nicotine liquid :)....except if one dosent start to puff like a maniac to compensate on the low nicotine lol.
I tested the new super mini cig for few minutes sinse...it looks good...but was to litle smoke comming out of it+got liquid again in my mouth haha but not as much as earlyer today.i also read the review on this forum and saw that other as well sayd that the DSE101 gave them liquid in the mouth and that the atomizer wasnt that good.
think i stick to the e-cig from e-cig.com
Until i find a new mini cig that works :)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You are right about your body growing used to more nicotine. When you smoke, you make special receptors in both your brain and lungs to handle the nicotine. As more receptors are made, you find you need more and more nicotine and can tolerate it without getting that sick feeling.

If you've been doing 30 cigs a day, you probably have a high dependency on nicotine. But your plan is a good one. You can try to gradually cut down on the nicotine strength as a way of quitting. Or you can decide you just like e-smoking -- and continue it as long as you live. Certainly, it doesn't appear to have the known health dangers of regular smoking.

E-smoking a cig does require a different technique, however. You can't just puff or sip it and expect much vapor. There's an atomizer in there that must heat up before anything happens. It heats quickly, but you still have to suck for perhaps three or four seconds to get a good quantity of vapor. The vapor doesn't begin to form until the atomizer is red hot! If you sip, that atomizer doesn't have time to heat up.

With the cigar, we have to drag heavily for a second, perhaps do it again, and then inhale for several seconds. All of that is to make sure the atomizer is hot enough to produce vapor. If we puff an e-cigar, we get nothing! Very much unlike a real cigar.

If your device can't produce enough vapor, no matter what you do, you might have a bad device. Read the forum for suggestions on good e-cigs. No matter your country, this is true: All e-cigs are not created equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread