Is anyone else "over" the Lr phase ? Vape simple ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
After vaping on and off for 5 years - I remember when the LR atty came out. It was like the world of vaping had found the cure to all of the diseases in the world. No need for 5v devices anymore - no more box mods to have a hotter vape - since wattage is so important - which a lot of new vapers are starting to understand - the LR was amazing.

Now after so many mods and vV devices I really wanted to say that I'm over the LR Atty and carto - I'm not saying I'm not a fan of the equipment or the work put in - I'm just over that hot - burning vape .

We're now evolving from Atty to bottom feeder to lava tubes to tanks and now big companies are making tanks with easy replacements such as the vivi - etc

What I've learned is I've gone full circle. I used to use and purchase all of these expensive devices and I loved them all dearly - that goes away for me once I need to go to work - I work in a cube farm and the lavatube looks like a baton on my desk - the reo grand looks like a blood pressure machine :)

After 5 years of provari and lavatube and tanks and box mods - do you care to know what I use on a daily basis?

650 mah ego - with a V2 clearomizer at 2.2 ohms. That's it! There is no special trick and there is nothing great about my setup but it gets the job done at work, in the car and at home. I fill it once in morning with 1.5 ml and I'm good all day - obviously have a spare battery on hand

If there is one thing I could teach new vapors - its to slow down !!! I've spent so much money on devices I either don't use or have sold and I'm back to a plain ego. Don't rush into buying the best out there because if you don't stay quit - you'll have even more guilt for spending money on something you don't even use - trust me .

I guess my rant/question/coming of age tale is done. Nothing else to say except I'm wondering if others have gone full circle and gone back to the simpler things for vaping

Sorry for the long run ons - I'm just typing what my rain tells me too :). Unfiltered - no pun Intended

Ok enuf. Peace

Connected via T-A-Talk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Glad to hear that you have found your sweet spot. :thumbs:

In a way, it's too bad that you went full circle back to where you started, but at least you can confidently say, "Been there, done that, it's not for me."

I've not gone full circle, but I still prefer my replaceable battery and variable voltage mods, just smaller versions. I don't believe I would be satisfied to go to an eGo sized battery again ever if given a choice.

I never did care for low resistance. Give me a cooler vape.

I went from the Volt ecigs to their eGo sized X2 battery, to mechanical mods BB and Silver Bullet, and the variable voltage with a Provari, to the smaller gripper-box mods Smoktech VV Gripper and Ovale V8.

I did get my first RBA this week, to prepare for the upcoming zombie invasion. :p

Last edited:

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I think I've settled pretty comfortably into RBAs and mechanicals. I've got a couple VV/VW devices, but I find I'm using them less.

Now, I'll admit, I've got very little history. But the fancy, flashy mods with multiple buttons and digital readouts just don't appeal to me as much as a solid mod that's either on or off. The rest I can control at the end my face attaches to.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
I've got a big assortment of mods, but the eRoll has been getting a lot of playing time lately. Also I've been slowly tapering down the nic levels in my juice. With the eRoll though I use 40mg juice, 5-6 hits and I'm good to go for an hour or so. It's really nice to have my hands free for so long. Pretty drastic changes from my normal vaping routine but its very simple and it works for me.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I'm over the LR stuff. In the day and age of VV/VW, there's almost no need for it. I don't prefer 1.8, 2.0, 2.5, or 3.0 ohm anymore. I used to use nothing but LR stuff but with being able to adjust the other side of the equation these days I really don't care. I do, however, prefer a warm vape. Not hot, but warm. Cool vapes don't do it for me whatsoever. I'll usually turn it up to "hot" and then back it off slightly.

That said, I appreciate the simplicity of an Ego Twist or something similar, but I also am happy with my larger replaceable battery mods. I like being able to just swap out batteries once a day and be good to go. I don't bother carrying any extra batteries, juice, nothing. Just fresh batteries and a topoff every morning and into the pocket it goes. Now that I'm getting into RBA's though, I'm starting to appreciate the beauty and simplicity of unregulated mechanical mods again. Nothing currently regulated can kick out the amperage that a mech device can. I might get a few twist batteries just for when I need to "pack slim", but the larger mech/vv/vw devices will always be my go-to's.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
For me, going back to basics is going back to LR cartomizers on a 650 mah ego. I love the 1.7 ohm single coil Smok cartomizers, with or without a tank. I don't like LR atty's, though.

I never cared much for any of the clearomizers. I have some twists and spinners, but rarely use the VV, so could just as easily be happy with plain egos (which I have 2) I also have a Varitube, but it's just too big and heavy. It's a great vape when I feel like using it, though.

nchamber68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Roxboro, NC
I'm relatively new to vaping. I tried an e-cigalike when they first came out, years ago, and it just didn't work for me. It was almost as useless as those smokeless cigarettes, with the powdery nicotine, they had back in the eighties before they came out with the patches and the nicotrol inhaler. I finally tried an ecig again last November and went straight from that (barely passable) disposable to an eGo with a stardust...because I found ECF and read a lot of the posts here before I bought a rechargable. I had absolutely no intention of quitting this time, it just kind of happened.

Now I have one Joyetech eGo 900, one Joyetech 2200, one eGo 650 passthrough, several ce4's, and several Vision Vivi Novas. I've ordered a Lavatube and several other kinds of cartos/clearos that I expect to get this week. So far, I've spent about the same amount of money as I would have spent on analogs, and I will probably keep spending money on more new toys for a little while. I really like trying the various options out there, and since it's no more than I would have been burning anyway I don't feel like I'm wasting the money.

I use my eGo 650 passthrough the most, but when I go out I take the 900 and the 2200 because I really don't want to find myself out and about without a functioning PV...plus I like telling everyone about vaping and the 2200 gets a lot of interest. I tried to quit smoking 100's of times over the years, and this is the first time the process has ever been painless; heck, it wasn't even just painless, it has actually been really fun.

I'm glad that you've found a set up that works really well for you, and I'm sure I'll do the same after a while, but I think exploring all the different options out there is part of what makes vaping so much fun for me right now. I hope people keep finding new and interesting ways to improve vaping for a long time, despite how expensive it can be, because I really want the community to continue to grow and help people like me who had given up on ever getting off the analogs. :) I feel like vaping has taken a huge burden off my shoulders, and I know that it has already improved my health, so I guess I'm still in the 'honeymoon' stage where I'm still super excited about everything.:laugh:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I get ya.

Ok, I'll admit it: I am a boring vaper. I have tried - literally - to like a lot of devices other people swear by. I didn't like them and I went back to what works for me.

First there was the whole carto thing. You must be stupid. You aren't using cartos. Something like that. So I tried them. All of them. JoyeTech Boge Smoktech Kanger LR HR single coil dual coil bottom coil DC tanks... With the exception of ONE I didn't like any of them. They all tasted like vaping air to me. (I really don't see - rather taste - the attraction.) And the only one I did like cost $2.99 each and lasted all of 5 days tops. And the filling and the spinning and the unflooding and the syringes and what seemed like going through three times as much in liquids as I used to. I wasn't vaping it so where was it going? (See "...filling and the spinniing and the un-flooding and...)

Then there was the whole "whatever it takes" to get and keep a ViVi Nova going. Ehhh... not so much.

And other stuff.

Were did it all end?

Well, you will never pry my VV stuff out of my hands. I like having that flexibility. But it's small. And boring. Like a SmokTek Varicool box or an Ovale V8+. It doesn't stand out in a crowd. (Or fall out of your pocket either.) Even then, everyone was trying to convert me to LavaTube theology when I went with a VariCool box instead. After 9 months of eGo round tooby things the last thing I wanted was another round tooby thing. Falling over all the time and rolling... off the kitchen counter and right under the stove.

So what works for me is something like a VariCool box with... eGo XL type B atomizers. :blink: With the cartridges and polyfill inside there. :shock:

There - I admit it.

I'm not diddling and researching and reinventing stuff all the time to get it working and keep it working. And I know it's me - I can taste flavor off an atty but for whatever reason all cartos to me taste like... air. With with these eGo XL size atomizers - and the 2.5 ml capacity cartridges - I can put some liquid in there and vape for hours. No wicks to fiddle with, if it goes dry... nothing happens. You just add more liquid and keep going. Spend 30 minutes cleaning attys every week or so and that's it for maintenance. It works, doesn't have to be replaced every 3 to 5 days, and it... works.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Variety, for me, is the spice of Life. I'm a committed LR vaper on mechanicals like a Helix, Empire, BAM, GG, Galileo. I love my Provaris and generally use them with 1.7 cartos in carto tanks. Have a couple of CVI's vv vw to play with vw. So far dripping on those. I also have some RBA's but so far not a mesh user. I'm only fiddly with DIY, the dripping atties, RBA's and carto tanks require very little in the way of fiddling. I love my nice warm vapes.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I agree with all of you. Whatever works for the person vaping is all that matters. My friend got sucked into blu cigs from one commercial (the power of tv) and he's been quit for 3 months now. I tried to tell him he doesn't need to spend 16.99$ on 5 prefilled cartos but he won't listen - he keeps telling me to not mess with the bull if the bull Is working for him .

Also the only way we could evolve as a generation of vapors was to spend money- Lots of money ! And the fun part in the beginning was trying everything new -no matter what the cost (to some of us) and I don't regret all of purchase because they were fun and I sold the ones I truly didn't want - I just wouldn't have done it the same way again. I'd take it easy and read up on what works and go with my gut.

I never even wanted a "hot" vape - or Vv. I thought I wanted it bc it was trending to go with 5v or with Lr. But to be honest it's too hard on my throat - and I always went back to 2.2-2.5 ohms. Sure the TH was less but it's what made me happy. I guess we're all different.

Our real goal - well my real goal is to truly have something that looks like a cig in my mouth - with a normal lasting battery. Once I started to vape the reo grand and the Darwin and the silver bullet - I realized that all this stuff won't help me. I need to simulate smoking as well as just vaping a tasty juice. - which is why I went back to the eGo. I'm going to look at the e-roll since its got pretty decent reviews and some bad ones and then make a decision.

I love the complexity of this group of people - everyone has their own way to meet satisfaction and others are just collectors of fine vaping devices or both!

Now after 5 years if I can only find an all day vape flavor !! I'll never be happy I guess :)

Connected via T-A-Talk

Unspokenzero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Germany
I am fairly new to the game but I never fell for the LR craze because I didn't understand it and it was hitting as I was a really young vapor. I did lots of research and found that controling the flavor is what I wanted. I have an RBA on a VV mod and I really only change the voltage when I change juice so that I can get the flavor I am looking for. Other than that I am smooth sailing. I will be picking up a mech mod soon, i figure if I build my RBA right it doesn't matter the voltage. Someone said it in the forums it is all about what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread