Variable mods and LR parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bseven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario
Noobie question. When I ordered my Darwin I bought some LR cartos (Boge 2.0ohm), atties (1.5 ohm), Mega Dual coil cartomizer (1.5 ohm) and have been using them without much problems. I read in some thread that with VV/VW it is better to use standard resistance or high resistance parts. I've been vaping at 4.5-7.5 watts with my LR and noticed they all give around 3.4 - 3.8 volts. If I vape over 8 watts will that damage my cartos and atties? So far i've been mostly dripping but have gone through a few cartos?

I have more LR stuff so I'd like to use them up before spending more money but just don't want to damage them by improper usage.

I also bought a Lavatube recently and they are also not recommending LR parts. Seems LR is only for 3.7 volt devices like the Reos and the two mods I have are VV/VW which are not useful for it.

Are there certain atties and cartos that are specifically recommended one uses on variable mods, such as minimum ohms?
Any recommendations on what to use on the darwin and lavatube?

Thanks for the help.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
On the Darwin you can use LR stuff just fine, but you can't effectively get below about 8.4 watts, regardless of what you set it at (so you have very limited adjustment range overall). This is because your voltage output can't go below the nominal voltage of the battery (roughly), the circuitry only boosts the battery voltage, it can't buck it as well

As for how high you can go without damaging your cartos/attys, I wouldn't worry too much about it. With something that is 1.5 ohms you won't get much above 4 volts even cranked all the way up. In the case of dual coils, don't worry they can take it at max just fine. I actually vape those between 10 and 12 watts, usually.
Just set it to where the vape is good :)

I can't speak much to the Lavatube since I don't have one, but with that and most other VV devices I recommend going with standard resistance or above to get the most adjustment range out of your device and a better ability to fine-tune your hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread