is cloud-chasing a gateway to 0 nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapalicious1100

Apr 3, 2013
France
After a long time waiting for fasttech to get a single order out of HK, I finally received a sentinel M16 mech and a nimbus clone. I got it set up with an AW IMR 1600mah and two coils totaling 1 ohm. The clouds I'm getting aren't the biggest I've ever seen, I'm not pushing 20 amps out of my battery, but they are the biggest clouds I've ever had out of any of my devices. I can only vape it at 0 nic, even 6mg is way too harsh, but the funny thing is that I feel almost satisfied without the nicotine, and the vape could still be a good 15 watts more powerful without pushing my battery too far. I'm becoming convinced that if I tried hard enough, I could get off nicotine for good within a month or two with a vape this powerful.

So my question is, has anyone gone down to 0 nic after going sub ohm? And has anyone ever considered trying?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I went to zero nic before I started vaping mech mods and RBAs with high watt setups. I found it easy to do, but I did it over about nine months of slowly reducing from 18 mg. Right now I'm vaping a Trident dual coil setup at 30 watts with no nic.

IMO this would really help some people reduce nic levels, but not everyone is the same. Some people have a very hard time reducing nic. Some people don't like the high flavor and vapor output of high watt vapes. Sounds like you are in the first camp and if this helps you then it's right for you :thumb:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I believe those clouds help tremendously. Ask anyone with a new hybrid! The first thing they do is lower their nic mg.
Unfortunately, for those who can only vape during work breaks, the clouds aren't feasible usually. The cloud chasers still have to rely on higher nic with less clouds. Blessed are they who get to vape what & when they want!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think most of us could go to zero nicotine quite easily if we really wanted to, with or without cloud chasing.

I think so too DC2. There have been a lot of posts from people who have reduced nic levels and found it surprisingly easy.

I think it's mostly a mind over matter thing and if some people think they need the nic, then they will need it. The opposite is of course also true.

I also find now I can feel the stimulating effect of nic when I do use it which I never did before when I was always using it. I suspect some people are more sensitive to that and miss it more than I do when I don't use nic. IMO that's another reason for some people to have a harder tome leaving it behind.

If someone who wants to reduce nic is having issues, it is entirely conceivable to me that better gear could help.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I went down to 0 nic over 5 months with basic clearos and carto tanks. I also discovered the hard way that for some of us there can be some unexpected psychological issues with dropping too fast. I now vape 0 nic most of the time but when I catch the depression setting in I will drip some 1-3 mg nic juice. Usually an hour or less doing this fixes the issue. As my doctor put it an hour vaping nic hurts far less than a lifetime of antidepressants.

I think dripping in general delivers more nic quicker. Not sure cloud chasing is really that big a part of it. I now drip/squonk nearly all the time. Nic in the juice or not it is just a more enjoyable vape to me.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I wouldn't mind asking - what exactly causes the nicotine in lower ohm vapes to be so harsh? It's weird, because just with a slew of devices, I've found that it's sometimes more the coil make that matters rather than the ohmage. I have a Watermelon juice that is simply doused with nicotine (made by a DIY'er), and in one coil, the stuff is so harsh you can't vape it, and in another of the same ohmage, it's as smooth as pie. Neither made the flavor taste any better or worse than the other...

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I wouldn't mind asking - what exactly causes the nicotine in lower ohm vapes to be so harsh? It's weird, because just with a slew of devices, I've found that it's sometimes more the coil make that matters rather than the ohmage. I have a Watermelon juice that is simply doused with nicotine (made by a DIY'er), and in one coil, the stuff is so harsh you can't vape it, and in another of the same ohmage, it's as smooth as pie. Neither made the flavor taste any better or worse than the other...
The hotter the coil, the more nic is delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread