Is Cloudy Vape Spoiled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronicVaper

Apr 4, 2016
Steve I usually buy it at a vape shop and it looks like this - https://artfulvapors.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Soda_Jerk_root_beer_ejuice.jpg

I bought a much larger bottle from the source because the vape shop only has small bottles. The one I received today is cloudy, you can't see through the tank it's so cloudy.
I did vape a little of it. It does not taste the same, nor does it smell the same.
I contacted Customer Support and he said they'd refund the 62 bucks.
Does vape juice go bad like this?

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have never personally seen an e-Liquid that went bad although I had some that were disgusting. With some of my DIY mixes they start out cloudy from mixing but I speed age them by heating them to 140 or so which makes them clear within an hour. My personal feeling is if you do not trust it do not vape it.

Good Luck! Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

ChronicVaper

Apr 4, 2016
I have never personal seen an e-Liquid that went bad although I had some that were disgusting. With some of my DIY mixes they start out cloudy from mixing but I speed age them by heating them to 140 or so which makes them clear within an hour. My personal feeling is if you do not trust it do not vape it.

Good Luck! Happy Vaping!
Trying the hot water steep now.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It may not be "bad" as such - but they still could have got something very wrong. What - I don't know - but if they felt the problem was legitimate enough to issue a $62.00 refund and you don't like the way it looks smells or vapes I would dump it and move on.

BTW: Did they say anything about what they thought happened?

ChronicVaper

Apr 4, 2016
It may not be "bad" as such - but they still could have got something very wrong. What - I don't know - but if they felt the problem was legitimate enough to issue a $62.00 refund and you don't like the way it looks smells or vapes I would dump it and move on.

BTW: Did they say anything about what they thought happened?
He had suggested that it should steep for a while, but that's weird because I never needed to before with the same stuff and I've never seen a cloudy vape like this, and i've bought a TON of different vapes from different companies. This is normally one of my go to vapes, so it's a real bummer.

ChronicVaper

Apr 4, 2016
Has heating it for the last 20 minutes helped it start clearing? I doubt it will change the flavor.
A little. I've done this method before with other juices that didn't taste right upon arrival. The color (which frankly looks like urine that's been sitting a while) hasn't changed. If you look at the link I sent, that's what it normally looks like, soda syrup.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Welp, see what you get - it doesn't have to go anywhere soon.

The only liquids I get that are cloudy are that way on purpose when I'm buying from a place that uses organic flavorings. For anything else, never got something in all this time that was normally clear that showed up as "other." Even the freshly mixed stuff that required steeping.
:2c:

ChronicVaper

Apr 4, 2016
Welp, see what you get - it doesn't have to go anywhere soon.

The only liquids I get that are cloudy are that way on purpose when I'm buying from a place that uses organic flavorings. For anything else, never got something in all this time that was normally clear that showed up as "other." Even the freshly mixed stuff that required steeping.
:2c:
Yeah, i'm not feeling too confident in vaping this. I'll give it a while before tossing it though, unless anyone has a suggestion. By the way, their vape is normally FANTASTIC, best soda vape i've tried after searching for a while.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
If they gave you credit I would just wait on a replacement and put that one away in a dark place. It might even come good with time as some folks have found. In general, only organic flavorings cause cloudiness due to the natural oils present in the flavorings; not sure these are ideal for vaping TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread