Julopy

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Austin, TX

NeilSwift

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Hello community, i recently started building my own wicks with different materials and just received my first bamboo crochet Amazon.com: Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread Size 3-Wheat: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
at the time of ordering it didn't have color option so it looked natural and went for it, now i read it's not natural but Wheat color.

would it still be safe to wick? :blink:

thanks in advance

I posted a similar post on another site and was slated for even imagining something new. I might add I posted the same post here and was met with a little more compassion and open-mindedness.

I trust the same will be afforded to you with this.

My take is, until you try it you don't know. People can't advise you on something they have not done. They can point out possible dangers with good intentions well meant. It's up to you mate.

What other materials have you tried so far?

Julopy

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Austin, TX

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
I have been using the natural version you mention, and I am here to tell you it is fantastic. Absolutely no foreign tastes added to my juice, just pure flavor. I would advise you to NOT use the kind that is dyed. You have no idea what is in the dye, and how it will affect you. You could try boiling it to see if you can get the dye out, but I think it would be fruitless. If you have a joann fabric store near you, you can probably buy it there.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I'm not sure, but I would boil it couple of times. Maybe enough of the dye will leach out.

Hello community, i recently started building my own wicks with different materials and just received my first bamboo crochet Amazon.com: Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread Size 3-Wheat: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
at the time of ordering it didn't have color option so it looked natural and went for it, now i read it's not natural but Wheat color.

would it still be safe to wick? :blink:

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread