Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Hello, REOkin.

My Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread is ready for pickup today and I was hoping to gain a bit of knowledge prior to picking it up.

I've not seen it in person yet, so do you all use it as it is on the roll or are you separating the braids and using just some of them? I'm picturing it to be the same diameter as a compacted microcoil rolled on the Atristic Coil Gizmo, but I could be wrong.

Please let me know so I can wick a new coil immediately upon getting it home.

Thanks, all.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I use as is, wrapping over itself a couple times and pulling it through my coils with a 'hooked' end of kanthal. It is quite thinner than I thought. When I'm re-wicking, I end up with 6 strands through the coil. The stuff works great although initially I didn't find it as absorbent as was mentioned but when I do get it wet, it works great.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
If it burns pull it and rewick. I carry in my lunch box a small baggie with a coil of Bamboo and wire in it. I actually find it's easier than cotton because there's no rolling, trying to get the right amount, and all of that. Just cut about 1.5 inches, fold into thirds, and pull the wick from the middle with a wire. Done deal easy peasy and just the right amount for a 1/16 micro coil.

ETA I've burned quite a few seeing how long it would last. Dry hits and burns don't have that yukky taste of cotton.

Last edited:

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I created a tool to pull the bamboo through my 1/16" diameter micro coils today. It's a piece of 28 gauge Kanthal with a tiny hook at the end. I made a handle out of tape and checked to make sure the hook fits in a new coil, which it does. It look slike a small version of that thing that they used to pull people off stage with a long time ago.

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
I've moved over to bamboo now from cotton, simply because it's much easier gauging the right amount of cotton to use and then rolling it just right for a wick. Bamboo is always the same - no spit required....LOL

oh how i wanna try this... i still have like 2 lifetime supplies of cotton though lol

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
The bamboo cost a couple of bucks LOL I have a teenage daughter, so there's no problem using up our lifetime supply of cotton balls :p

should have seen my face when my teenage daughter was using my "wicking" cottonballs to take her nail polish off... :evil:

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Good stuff!! Not a dry hit in sight. Hold a lot of juice. Very pleased after one day of using this bamboo.

Thanks, Raynman.

Good to hear I have some here to try I also picked up some organic Bamboo wick from ModnWorld.com to give a try. The same place has some VERY nice Delrin drip tips as well, love them, they have a nice wide bore.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
should have seen my face when my teenage daughter was using my "wicking" cottonballs to take her nail polish off... :evil:

And they're exceptionally eficient at removing nail polish when they're been carefully boiled in distilled water and painstakingly laid out to be dried.....

I don't even boil my bamboo - just cut it and thread it - I figure any nasties are removed by the pg/vg/heat... :p

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
And they're exceptionally eficient at removing nail polish when they're been carefully boiled in distilled water and painstakingly laid out to be dried.....

I don't even boil my bamboo - just cut it and thread it - I figure any nasties are removed by the pg/vg/heat... :p

LOL I may have to try this considering that I highly doubt that she'll use the bamboo to remove nail polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread