Is it bad to like using cartos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acka

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
I feel the same, I don't know why. I went into a new (great) B&M here and basically started apologising that I used cartomisers. Like that it's older technology so it must be inferior. But lo and behold he pulled out his tank full of Ahlusion Strawberry Vanilla Cake and said he still alternates it with a dripper.

I tried his juices, all in clearomisers, and got a real urge to buy a clearo again but they're not for me. It would be easier if I did(just rebuild coils, throw them in my pocket, no unexplainable (to me) problems/differences sometimes etc.) but f it, I like carts a lot more.

Sometimes I reckon it's the horizontal vertical coil , sometimes the amount of filler meaning the juice doesn't sit 'raw' on the coil. Don't have a clue tbh, not going to worry about it though, the odd dud cart aside it's all good.

Last edited:

EbenezerScrews

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2008
NW New Jersey
Isn't it great finally finding something YOU like? Finally! Haha.

That nagging pressure, feeling like you need to keep trying new things, just sit back and enjoy yourself now. If you do want to keep trying new things, you always have your trusty cartos to fall back on ;)

It's a good thing, congrats!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Cartos are fine. Like everyone said, you have to top them off every 30 minutes or so, but a 3ml bottle of juice and a filled carto will get you through most of a day. I keep a filled and capped carto with a spare 18650 battery in a little clear battery box that goes everywhere I go, just in case my tank coil pops while I am out. The carto is a convenient backup.

Most of us have used cartos extensively over time. If you are headed somewhere there's a dirty environment like hunting, fishing, hiking, or dirt bike riding, it's better to lose something inexpensive than a $50 glass tank and a Provari. It's why most of us still have an old eGo battery around for times like that. It gets a $1 carto screwed on top.

Stephanie932

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
PA
I feel the same, I don't know why. I went into a new (great) B&M here and basically started apologising that I used cartomisers. Like that it's older technology so it must be inferior. But lo and behold he pulled out his tank full of Ahlusion Strawberry Vanilla Cake and said he still alternates it with a dripper.

I haven't even tried a tank w/ the carto, yet. The punching and filling sort of intimidate me......lol I'll get there eventually!

Isn't it great finally finding something YOU like? Finally! Haha.

That nagging pressure, feeling like you need to keep trying new things, just sit back and enjoy yourself now. If you do want to keep trying new things, you always have your trusty cartos to fall back on ;)

It's a good thing, congrats!

I'm not quite past the "try everything" mode, yet........lol I just stumbled upon them recently and I just really like the ease and simplicity. Plus the juices all taste really, really good!

Cartos are fine. Like everyone said, you have to top them off every 30 minutes or so, but a 3ml bottle of juice and a filled carto will get you through most of a day. I keep a filled and capped carto with a spare 18650 battery in a little clear battery box that goes everywhere I go, just in case my tank coil pops while I am out. The carto is a convenient backup.

Most of us have used cartos extensively over time. If you are headed somewhere there's a dirty environment like hunting, fishing, hiking, or dirt bike riding, it's better to lose something inexpensive than a $50 glass tank and a Provari. It's why most of us still have an old eGo battery around for times like that. It gets a $1 carto screwed on top.

Good tip! We have land along a major river in PA and we go camping all summer. I think I need to get a little battery case like you mentioned to just to have it with me. But, yeah.........having a carto instead of my Nautilus is a much safer option, for sure!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I haven't even tried a tank w/ the carto, yet. The punching and filling sort of intimidate me......lol I'll get there eventually!

I'm not quite past the "try everything" mode, yet........lol I just stumbled upon them recently and I just really like the ease and simplicity. Plus the juices all taste really, really good!

Good tip! We have land along a major river in PA and we go camping all summer. I think I need to get a little battery case like you mentioned to just to have it with me. But, yeah.........having a carto instead of my Nautilus is a much safer option, for sure!

Most vendors sell these cases. I keep a black Smoktek carto with silicone end caps along with an 18650 batt in one all the time. You can drop it in the console of your car without worrying about shorts occuring.

UltraFire Battery Case Holds: 4 x CR123A or 2 x 18650

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Im a carto girl

I get bored, buy some new clearos, and get angry.
Buy a few drippers, more anger and frustration.

Leaks, gurgles, shorts, burnt taste, dry hits, no vapor, juice squirts that burn.

Ugh no thank you. I always go back to cartos.
Cartotanks are awesome too.

Id say stay away from smok carto tanks, unless you just want one to try.
Really cheap at desertvapes.com but the orings wear out easy. So it slips right off that carto!

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
I actually got my first carto recently, and got it free too through a deal from the Vape Room. I'm surprised how much I like it. My only problem is I'm impatient so I fill it too fast and then it leaks all over the place, and also there's no way to tell how much juice is remaining in it, but for five bucks (free for me) you really can't beat it.

finaritwo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
boston,ma
Fusion 801's Cartos from Ikenvape in a GP Salt & Pepper Tank....My daily commute companion...(actually 2 of them with two different juices...lol)

I've tried most drippers and RBA's, but for convenience my Cartos are my best commuter option...If it works, stick with it and get better at it..Best chance at staying off analogs is the goal here....

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Im a carto girl

I get bored, buy some new clearos, and get angry.
    Buy a few drippers, more anger and frustration.

Leaks, gurgles, shorts, burnt taste, dry hits, no vapor, juice squirts that burn.

Ugh no thank you. I always go back to cartos.
    Cartotanks are awesome too.

Id say stay away from smok carto tanks, unless you just want one to try.
    Really cheap at desertvapes.com but the orings wear out easy. So it slips right off that carto!

Thanks for this post. Now n then I get tempted to try the latest/greatest. Reckon I'll stick with my cartos.

It does get boring- but there's really no alternative. And it's been quite awhile now..........

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Florida
    Carto tanks are nice.
    No refilling all the time.
    If you went that route id reccomend ibtank and phiniac.
    I want a phiniac or two, but the price is hard for me to swallow.

I just ordered a $32 hard cap tank with side fill and $24 grommet tank with a side fill from crazy vapes. He offers a money back guarantee, if you dont want the side port to fill you can get one as cheap as $20, not bad for a glass tank with a guarantee.

I own a total of 5 ibtanks. The 19mm size have held up very well, with no chips or breaks. the bigger sizes ,my 22 mm that are newer and less loved are already chipping color from the end caps.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Carto tanks are nice.
    No refilling all the time.
    If you went that route id reccomend ibtank and phiniac.
    I want a phiniac or two, but the price is hard for me to swallow.

I just ordered a $32 hard cap tank with side fill and $24 grommet tank with a side fill from crazy vapes. He offers a money back guarantee, if you dont want the side port to fill you can get one as cheap as $20, not bad for a glass tank with a guarantee.

I own a total of 5 ibtanks. The 19mm size have held up very well, with no chips or breaks. the bigger sizes ,my 22 mm that are newer and less loved are already chipping color from the end caps.

Are they the pyrex with plugs you're getting from CrazyV? Never heard anything on them and wondered how well they work.

I just use the Polycarb side fills from MomnPop's, but they have screws, not plugs.

Hope you like side-fills, I love em.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Florida
    Yes they are pyrex,thick like the phiniacs.
    This is the $32 tank i bought. Comes with driptip.
    image.jpg
    I called the owner and he is sending me a 22mm size.
    The other tank has rubber grommets for end caps. Food grade ofcoarse.
    He told me he offers a money back guarantee. So i went for it.
    Honest vape has a review on you tube. His website is confusing. So i called him. He answered the phone and had the website up and talking me thru what i needed in seconds. Really nice guy on the phone.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yes they are pyrex,thick like the phiniacs.
    This is the $32 tank i bought. Comes with driptip.
    View attachment 346659
    I called the owner and he is sending me a 22mm size.
    The other tank has rubber grommets for end caps. Food grade ofcoarse.
    He told me he offers a money back guarantee. So i went for it.
    Honest vape has a review on you tube. His website is confusing. So i called him. He answered the phone and had the website up and talking me thru what i needed in seconds. Really nice guy on the phone.

Great deal! Interesting driptip. Here's another place- 5-7ml pyrex handblown, @$15. Ugly endcaps but nice designs.
    VM.jpg
    Hand Blown Borosilicate Glass 5ml Vapor Tank

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I love carto tanks. They're by far my favorites. I've got a bunch of IBT's and they're awesome. For those looking for something a bit different, I also really like the IKV "Create-A-Tank".

CREATE-A-TANK NEW!

They're silicone caps, so the o-rings are never a concern. They can be either side-fill (with two different plug options) or regular. I love the mix-and-match options (plugs, o-rings and caps) and switch them around like accessories.

Like IBT and Phiniac, they're SOLID.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread