Is it Me? VG taste....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Am I the only one who finds the VG to taste soapy/waxy? I bought 24mg menthol from MVS and cut it 50/50 with VG and it tasted like soap/wax. I've added menthol crystals and a few drops of peppermint extract (yeah, I know....oil) and it still ends up with the same taste....

I used 100% pure VG, food safe.

I don't see much mention of this elsewhere...ugh.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Try vaping your VG by itself using a clean atomizer. It shouldn't taste soapy/waxy.

Same taste...maybe I'm confusing the rather odd sweetness with soapy if that's possible...lol...definitely has a distinct taste that's making my menthol nasty. I'm hoping the PG doesn't have the same taste???

blueeyekelly

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
all ove the USA
I don't notice a soapy taste but it makes my tongue super dry. Kinda wierd since it's supposed to be a moisturizer.

Sorry for butting in but..... glycerin is not a moisturizer... however if put on topically it will hold the moisture in your skin by not letting it escape, so to moisturize you need the oils (really into making skincare and cosmetics...) Ok I'm done

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I just cut some of my existing juice and it seems to me that once the juice itself begins to run out of the cart and the flavoring is no longer there, I get this kind of grassy, vegetable taste very akin to celery. Have not investigated whether this is from the VG.

I just really don't care for the VG taste at all. The PG to me is much cleaner tasting, I don't detect any aftertaste or off taste.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Am I the only one who finds the VG to taste soapy/waxy? I bought 24mg menthol from MVS and cut it 50/50 with VG and it tasted like soap/wax. I've added menthol crystals and a few drops of peppermint extract (yeah, I know....oil) and it still ends up with the same taste....

I used 100% pure VG, food safe.

I don't see much mention of this elsewhere...ugh.

Your not the only one lorraine, soapy/waxy describes exactly what I've just experienced.

Read many of the threads in the Juice DIY and figured to experiment. Got the NOW brand fron local organics store. One post had mentioned simply place one drop on the atty, one drop in cart and follow that with whatever juice you want.

OK. Let's try this out, sez I. Purportedly increase the amount of vape keep everything wet.

I ate a crayon or two as a child, vividly have my mouth washed w/ soap by my mother. The VG brought those memories back full force8-o

That was 4 days ago. Took 2 days to get the 8-o out of the 4075, 801 and 112 pretty much OK as of last night. So much for straight VG...

Did ya notice any increase in, uh, stomach rumbles? I did and that's an aspect that I'll not bother attempting to describe :p

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Your not the only one lorraine, soapy/waxy describes exactly what I've just experienced.

Read many of the threads in the Juice DIY and figured to experiment. Got the NOW brand fron local organics store. One post had mentioned simply place one drop on the atty, one drop in cart and follow that with whatever juice you want.

OK. Let's try this out, sez I. Purportedly increase the amount of vape keep everything wet.

I ate a crayon or two as a child, vividly have my mouth washed w/ soap by my mother. The VG brought those memories back full force8-o

That was 4 days ago. Took 2 days to get the 8-o out of the 4075, 801 and 112 pretty much OK as of last night. So much for straight VG...

Did ya notice any increase in, uh, stomach rumbles? I did and that's an aspect that I'll not bother attempting to describe :p

That's the brand I got too! Yeah, I made my own juice with PG, Menthol Crystals, peppermint extract and a very small amount of VG. It's MUCH better. I don't taste the VG when I top off. However, since I'm still using the same cartridges, as soon as that initial top off wears off, I'm tasting the old mixture that remains in the fibers. I'm going to try what someone suggested and use a syringe (If I can remember to bring a couple home from work tomorrow, I keep forgetting) filled with warm water and try to flush the cartridges to clean them.

Well, maybe. I have tummy issues off and on anyhow due to my coffee-aholic habit :D so it's hard to tell if it's a new thing or just the same old same old.

Now I'm wondering if it's just that brand??? Although it does say 100% Vegetable Glycerin.....

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Well, maybe. I have tummy issues off and on anyhow due to my coffee-aholic habit :D so it's hard to tell if it's a new thing or just the same old same old.

Now I'm wondering if it's just that brand??? Although it does say 100% Vegetable Glycerin.....

Another post had mentioned stomach effects due to VG. I do know the 1st evening after my taste test I slept poorly and could very well have powered a natural gas car :shock:

Makes sense that the sever bad tase and all would have to do with the straight VG vaping. Still in all, since then I seem to be very aware of a VG after taste in some of the liquids I have, where I hadn't notice it before :p

We vape and learn

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Another post had mentioned stomach effects due to VG. I do know the 1st evening after my taste test I slept poorly and could very well have powered a natural gas car :shock:

Makes sense that the sever bad tase and all would have to do with the straight VG vaping. Still in all, since then I seem to be very aware of a VG after taste in some of the liquids I have, where I hadn't notice it before :p

We vape and learn

Mine wasn't even near straight VG. 50/50 mix of VG and commercial liquid (PG) and a little distilled water. I could still taste the VG and it really overpowered the liquid, which was a menthol....

too funny on the natural gas. :)

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I think alot of it has to do with how much you use in comparison to how sensitive you are to VG.. I remember watching Ritas mixing video and she said that if she used an over 50 percent mix of VG..It really bothered her stomach... I could probably vape straight VG and be ok but I like the blend of VG and PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread