Is it really possible to quit "ordinary smoking" by IQOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Now that you bring that up, I think you're right, but I don't remember who it was, though. Sorry! I've been really busy and scattered lately.

You should have claimed it anyway. I thought it was funny, but most people didn't get it.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
I have no objection to the device if it helps someone to switch to a less harmful habit. I probably do have some bitterness that BT benefits once again ;)

@Eskie brings up a good point about the nature of the device not being entirely well suited to cutting back. Just to add to that, it's interesting for former smokers to ask, why was I smoking a pack a day, or two packs a day?
Okay well sure some people smoked 13 (pick a random number) cigarettes per day, but there is a whole story there.

What is special about the number of cigarettes in a pack? What does a pack cost me? How do you feel as you near the end of the pack? Did you consciously or unconsciously pace your smoke rate so that the pack would last all day?

Those HEET packs even look like little packs of cigarettes, right down to having to pull out the protective liner.

Also another factor, with vaping you take as many or as few puffs as what works for you. With cigarettes, or HEET, there is still going to be that sense of obligation, "I better not waste any of this, got to finish it", even if say 5 puffs would have sufficed.

So yea I don't think this is meant to be a tobacco smoking cessation device, just a last ditch effort on the part of BT to sell a tobacco smoking replacement device while they still can.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would think yeah some folks can switch from smoking to the IQOS I mean, it's big in Japan right? With that said, they like complicated and perhaps useless but interesting things like toilets that bathe you with a gentle warm water spry while singing a tune and then air blow you dry. This product is MEANT for Japan if you ask me

It (based on my albeit due to company patents and stuff ) makes me think is it worth it? For some folks it may be.

It's heat not burn but I think there are products out there claiming the same and it's still not that much arm reduction.

I assume Marlboro uses he same crappy, additive riddled tobacco in there as it does with cigarettes.

IDK I don't care if it's on the market, like I said. I think it will help some people. I think the harm reduction information isn't really there yet.

I just want it to be with a SPECTRUM of other products as frankly, I do n out want to be dealing with HEET sticks and Juuls and like l many people I have taken steps so it Willi not happen. But as a new vaper, IDK.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread