Is it still usable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
So i filled up my rsst last night and stuck it on my vamo, vaped for a few minutes, and went to bed. I didnt use it all day and when i came home i noticed a puddle of juice underneath the vamo. I took the battery out and cleaned off the juice that was on that, but dont know if i should use it anymore. It seem fine after i wiped it down and there was maybe a quarter of a tank gone from full but im not confident enough. Should i toss it or will i be okay?

What about my vamo? Am i right in thinking i should let it dry before i use it?

And if anyone has tips for fixing a leaking rsst would be helpful :)

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Be nice please

notawoman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Las Vegas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Be nice please

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
yup you're right. no clue. thanks for your wonderful help. I clearly have no idea what im doing after 2 months of rebuilding them time and time again. if you put on your smart boy glasses and read my post again you would see that i'm not having a problem with the rsst (besides leaking) but more so if my battery will be okay. any other wisdom you would like to share, please for everyones sake, keep it to yourself.

For everyone else, its leaking out of the connection. my vamo was upright, so the liquid went down through the connection, by the battery and out the vent hole. I may have overfilled (i was a little tired lol), but it has been leaking a little lately.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
So i filled up my rsst last night and stuck it on my vamo, vaped for a few minutes, and went to bed. I didnt use it all day and when i came home i noticed a puddle of juice underneath the vamo. I took the battery out and cleaned off the juice that was on that, but dont know if i should use it anymore. It seem fine after i wiped it down and there was maybe a quarter of a tank gone from full but im not confident enough. Should i toss it or will i be okay?

What about my vamo? Am i right in thinking i should let it dry before i use it?

I don't have a Vamo, but I think I read somewhere that it's got a sealed 510 connector but there is a silicone seal in it that can fail.

These batteries are pretty well, but not perfectly sealed on the positive end and there is no access to them from the other end. I don't have a Vamo, but I did find this video of my favorite caveman (check it out and you'll know what I mean) taking one apart and putting it together again. From the video it looks to me like the top of your battery was likely covered in juice for hours. I don't know if it would penetrate the battery seal. I can only give you my opinion that in this case it would be safer to replace it.

As for the Vamo, if it flooded I would attempt cleaning it somehow but I've never done this with a mod. I would not use it knowing there's a bunch of juice in it. Juice evaporates slowly so it's going to take a long time to dry. Hopefully someone who knows about this will be by in a bit and help out. You could also ask in the Vamo forum here.

Best of luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread