Is mouth to lung dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I didn't realize DTL was a subject of derision? I'm just commenting via my personal experience. I DTL quite a bit myself, especially when I'm feeling rebellious. My Trinity glass caps can't be used any other way. The only downside is that I can't taste anything until I exhale... Throat hit only.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I didn't realize DTL was a subject of derision? I'm just commenting via my personal experience. I DTL quite a bit myself, especially when I'm feeling rebellious. My Trinity glass caps can't be used any other way. The only downside is that I can't taste anything until I exhale... Throat hit only.
Sincere apologies. Afraid you got a bit of pent up backlash from previous posts in other threads over time. I do get tasty inhales from dtl, but admit not as concentrated as with mtl. There is a give and take for all styles of vaping.
Curious about feeling rebellious when using dtl? Found that comment amusing.:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do like it when companies provide two very different coils for new vapers, it's a lot more versatile for sure. I'm glad I started out DL (kind of by accident) before moving to MTL, it certainly gave me a sense of where my vaping "needs and likes" are.

MTL is dying less quickly than smoking, at least MTL vapers are, most likely, so I'm not giving up on MTL until *I* die, and I'm quite sure there are other vapers that feel the same.

I feel like there *are* good options for MTL for me to discover, even if some of it was older equipment/had been around a while. I think there were some really nice MTL RTAs released this year as well.... :)

Anna

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I do like it when companies provide two very different coils for new vapers, it's a lot more versatile for sure. I'm glad I started out DL (kind of by accident) before moving to MTL, it certainly gave me a sense of where my vaping "needs and likes" are.

MTL is dying less quickly than smoking, at least MTL vapers are, most likely, so I'm not giving up on MTL until *I* die, and I'm quite sure there are other vapers that feel the same.

I feel like there *are* good options for MTL for me to discover, even if some of it was older equipment/had been around a while. I think there were some really nice MTL RTAs released this year as well.... :)

Anna
I'm not an mtl'er and never will be. Those of you that are I say more power to you and do what is best for you. Not that you're saying it Anna but how can anyone say mtl is dying when so many new mtl attys and single coil attys are coming to the market? Vaping is catching on more and people are smoking cigarettes less.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Lack of available higher nic juice was the final push I needed to jump into diy.
Boy, have times changed!
I found a place that sales the real Chalice III for $155.00 so I can go with that if I can't get a cheep one.
Be very careful to avoid shorts with the Chalice III. Make sure to check the resistance of the coil again after putting on the top cap.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Boy, have times changed!
Seriously...I only started vaping 3 years ago and could visit any vape shop and get up to 36mg juice. Now around here if you can find 6mg you're lucky. Only two shops I know of within 50 miles still carry 18mg and 12mg.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Seriously...I only started vaping 3 years ago and could visit any vape shop and get up to 36mg juice. Now around here if you can find 6mg you're lucky. Only two shops I know of within 50 miles still carry 18mg and 12mg.
The shop I go to can make any juice you buy any strength you want.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Most smokers use a common folk method of inhaling:
1. Intake (drag). 2. Trap mixture for flavor and nic saturation. 3. Inhale. 4. Exhale.

My method was a hybrid MTL/DTL technique:
1. Intake (drag). 2. Trap. 3. Partial release of mixture (leaning and cooling). 4. Re-inhale expelled mixture through nostrils. 5. DTL inhale of expelled mixture + MTL inhale of primary mixture. 6. Exhale.

It is impossible to duplicate either of these techniques using DTL vaping. I vape for max flavor, but more importantly, the process in which I acquire it. I may sound like an 'cork-sniffing' aristocrat here, but DTL vaping is (IMO) a "savage" method of vaping. It's the type of thing that I condemn in public, but in private I relish! If that makes any sense?

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Most smokers use a common folk method of inhaling:
1. Intake (drag). 2. Trap mixture for flavor and nic saturation. 3. Inhale. 4. Exhale.

My method was a hybrid MTL/DTL technique:
1. Intake (drag). 2. Trap. 3. Partial release of mixture (leaning and cooling). 4. Re-inhale expelled mixture through nostrils. 5. DTL inhale of expelled mixture + MTL inhale of primary mixture. 6. Exhale.

It is impossible to duplicate either of these techniques using DTL vaping. I vape for max flavor, but more importantly, the process in which I acquire it. I may sound like an 'cork-sniffing' aristocrat here, but DTL vaping is (IMO) a "savage" method of vaping. It's the type of thing that I condemn in public, but in private I relish! If that makes any sense?
I'm liking being thought of as savage. Savage is fun under the right circumstances.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
With more and more DL-atties out there, the advantage in flavor of MTL-devices decreases more and more - if they don't even match already.
Comparing RTAs from 2015 with the latest generation shows huge differences, not only in cloudproduction, but in flavor as well. I can't say that for MTL.

@Letitia
Thank you for that wonderful mental cinema i've got now:thumb::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread