Is my Evic Vtc mini on it's last legs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benji_Rock

Dec 4, 2015
Recently, I feel my device hasnt been performing properly on temp control. I'm using SS wire in one of those ego one clr rba's and i've always built the same way. But the last week or so it has taken me ages to get it to perform correctly. For example, I'm having constant problems with hot spots and hot legs on the coil, the coil not reading the resistance properly, and also a lot of the time I'll have the mod set at 500F and 60W and the device will only fire at maybe 5w resulting in no vapour. It takes me ages each time of messing around with various things to get it right. Like I said, i've not had these problems before, and I do everything the same. I've had the device since November last year and used it every day and I'm just wondering if a chip is beginning to go or something? I've kept the firmware up to date too.

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
Redo the build, maybe replace the CLR RBA itself. If no luck then most likely it is a connection of coil to centerpost or centerpost to mod. I have a CLR RBA and it sometimes acts funky in TC. I do Kanthal or SS in watts with it. I do TC builds on a Kayfun 4 clone. I have learned where trouble in TC lies. But overcame it. Good luck!

Reactions: CharTech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread