Evic VTC Mini Stainless Steel issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

workman70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Knoxville, TN
So, I've been exclusively TC for the last year or so. I've been mainly using Ni200 with Kanger Subtanks pre-built coils. I picked up some of their newer Stainless steel coils and moved the Evic VTC to SS mode.

I typically run in TC mode between 450-500, depending on juice. In stainless steel, I had to move it down to 350 or its just way too hot. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think it's the coil, as I've tried a few with the same heat delta.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While I normally test home built coils - I suppose store bought ones can be tested to.

Empty/rinse your tank & coil well with tap water. Soak your coil for a few minutes in plain water and fill your tank with water - then reassemble with a water wet coil and water filled tank.

Before remounting it on your VTC-Mini, set your watts to something low like 10-20W and you can leave your temperature at whatever you had (as long as it is over 300F).

Remount the tank and while watching the screen fire your mod. A the displayed temperature of a properly calibrated wire/TCR combination is 212F. Your display may 'hover' by, near or close to 212F if the wire you are using is a match to the TCR setting. (note: if you fire for longer than 10-15 seconds the temperature will rise while the wick is getting dry)

If the TCR is to high the wire will be hotter (212F) than what is displayed (displayed temperature is < 212F) and the TCR needs to be reduced. If the TCR is to low, the displayed temperature will be above 212F and the TCR needs to be raised.

Once you think you have it dialed in fairly well then you can drain/dry the tank and air dry (don't dry fire otherwise you may damage your cotton wick) your coil, refill with juice and enjoy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread