is my mod dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celbrise

Sep 25, 2016
i have a fuchai 213 not sure what batteries i got but i know they are safe to use and that they are samsung. it says 3000mah and i think it was 10A? they are brown.

anyways earlier today i fired it up and got a burnt taste. looked at the ohm it was reading it went from 0.44 to 0.15. then it went back to normal. now it's reading 0.11 and no matter what wattage i am pulsing it at it fires EXTREMELY fast in a single second the entire coil is red and if you look inside the air hole you can even see it glowing red hot that fast. sometimes it even reads "SHORT"

can't figure out what is wrong with it i mean earlier today i did try to remove the coils which are pre rolled claptons and worked fine but i am thinking the coils are loose but not sure. the batteries are fairly new i mean i have 2 sets of them i alternate and if it is getting beat up looking like it is unwrapping then i toss them and buy new ones.

i don't have any other mod right now but have new batterings some vtc6 and i got a new mod coming in tomorrow. just wondering if you think it's worth recoiling the RDA and testing out or is it too dangerous at this point.

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
That sounds like a problem with the coils/RBA, not the battery if ohms are jumping about.

I'd strip the RBA down and throw a new build in it. Insert the wires, tighten, then pulse fire on a lowish wattage adjusting as you need. Once get the coils firing well (heating up evenly from the centre outwards) tighten everything down again. Wick and try it out. If still having same issue, could be the actual RBA base itself not making a solid connection with the 510 pin.

In a regulated device, you dont need to worry too much about the batteries, device takes care of the important things. Just make sure not to overstretch the batteries amp limits and you will be fine.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
If the question "Is my mod dangerous?" is followed by the statement "not sure what batteries I got" then the short answer is yes. It's a common thought that in regulated mods the batteries don't matter. This simply isn't true.

As it's been said already, sounds like an issue with the RDA. Personally I'd do a full disassembly and put in a new build.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
And Samsung doesn't wrap batteries in brown. That's usually LG. 10A batteries are bad in that. As already pointed out, get decent 20A batteries to stay safe.

Your specific problem sounds like a loose connection which you fixed. Coils shouldn't be loose or wiggle around on the deck. They need to be held firmly in place by the screw/clamp/whatever the deck has to assure a good connection.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Some very good advice posted above.

No that mod isnt safe for YOU to use.
Whoever set you up with that is not your friend.

A 200watt device, poor batteries and clapton coils for an inexperienced vaper.
:facepalm:

You need to actually understand what you are doing for vaping to be safe on any device.

Remember you are sucking on a device thats essentially shorting a pair of high discharge battteries with enough power to jump start a motorcycle.

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I was a certified ASE mechanic for 18 years. You are not gonna start a car with 15amps. Anything less than an 800 çold cranking amps battery won't even spin the motor in my mud truck.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

You need to be re certified.
It only takes about 10_15amps to jump start a car with a dead battery.
Less to jump a bike.
2 quality 18650's can deliver 60amps.
Im not guessing.

Would you like more videos?

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Bring your batteries and let's test your theory in person. Btw what video?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The one I posted above of the guy using18650's to jumpstart a car.

Right above the links I posted to buy 18650 jump starters.

:facepalm:

Thumpey

Multiple ID Suspension
Apr 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Celbrise

Sep 25, 2016
haha yea i know it sounds bad that i don't know my own batteries. just got back into vaping after a few months. i just bought them based on some safety chart people linked here when i started but i know they are safe for my intended use.

i did try to vape it again and it had the same issue i will be recoiling it and see how it goes sadly my new mod will come in on monday thought it was coming in today but yea i too think it's the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread