Is my squonk pin broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
Hello, I was trying to find my old Reo Mini. I bought it in 2011. Luckily, I found it in an old shed. It's pretty dirty and I am cleaning it. My squonk pin looks broken, or maybe I am putting it together wrong? If it's not broken how does it go in? If it is broken where can I get another one?

This picture is the two pieces. The part on top that is long and in one peace is just the long screw.
45224280_2130171510580557_4512746894098694144_n.jpg

45276496_2180805458909559_3984319496960606208_n.jpg

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, I was trying to find my old Reo Mini. I bought it in 2011. Luckily, I found it in an old shed. It's pretty dirty and I am cleaning it. My squonk pin looks broken, or maybe I am putting it together wrong? If it's not broken how does it go in? If it is broken where can I get another one?

This picture is the two pieces. The part on top that is long and in one peace is just the long screw.
45224280_2130171510580557_4512746894098694144_n.jpg

45276496_2180805458909559_3984319496960606208_n.jpg
Hi,
100% broken.
If you have the funds, consider sending the Mini in to have the brass 510 replaced with the new SS510.
Your positive contact looks broken also.
Sorry
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Is this the part I need? I rather do a complete makeover inside, but I am just wondering.
View attachment 777685
I don't believe it is the correct part.
I actually don't see the brass replacement post on the site.
I would suggest you contact Eric for advice.

HTH
I

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    If you want to go with the SS adjustable 510, you would need the whole assembly:
    Stainless Adjustable 510 Connection - REOSmods
    The old brass assembly would need to be drilled out and the new assembly press fit in.

You could ask Eric if he still has brass pins.

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Just like everyone else commented on here, the center post is broken. I have a few of the older brass center posts still available, but none of the nylon pieces that go around it to keep it from leaking.

For anyone who still has the older-style brass 510's, I would highly recommend replacing it with the new stainless 510. You'll end up with a longer-lasting 510 and have one that is easily adjustable to handle whatever atty you are using.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2010
    cali
    Eric did reply to me in an email and we're talking about it. I just bought some higher end atomizers. They are both 22mm. I realized that they will not fit on my mini, even if the juice well is reduced(as Eric offered). Eric did mention the spa treatment as well.

I calculated my options. I could buy a new 14mm atomizer. This would make my other atomizers kind of a waste of money, or I can buy a new mod.

At the end of the day, I really won't be using my reo mini if I can't use a 22mm atomizer. I don't see the need to invest much money in it. I think I would be better off getting a P67.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    Eric did reply to me in an email and we're talking about it. I just bought some higher end atomizers. They are both 22mm. I realized that they will not fit on my mini, even if the juice well is reduced(as Eric offered). Eric did mention the spa treatment as well.

I calculated my options. I could buy a new 14mm atomizer. This would make my other atomizers kind of a waste of money, or I can buy a new mod.

At the end of the day, I really won't be using my reo mini if I can't use a 22mm atomizer. I don't see the need to invest much money in it. I think I would be better off getting a P67.
    You can do both :D

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain

If you decide to make the mini LP, it will work with a 22mm topper.
    mini22.jpg

Please ignore the juice (twisted the MantaV2 off the RSQ) and the 2012/13 mini's appearance, It's been thru hell.
    Just slid the door down for refills and battery swaps.
    A button cover may kiss the atty barrel, but only just barely.

The real issue IMO, is the low availability of high discharge 18500 batteries.

Cheers
    I

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    View attachment 778255
    Please ignore the juice (twisted the MantaV2 off the RSQ) and the 2012/13 mini's appearance, It's been thru hell.

Cheers
    I
    Agree

Reactions: Izan

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    View attachment 778255

Cheers
    I
    Who did you use to BF-mod the Manta? That mouthpiece is AWESOME on the Manta! What is it?
    I'm in a tight budget ATM, but a replacement Manta V2 is in the mear future. Great atty!

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Who did you use to BF-mod the Manta? That mouthpiece is AWESOME on the Manta! What is it?
    I'm in a tight budget ATM, but a replacement Manta V2 is in the mear future. Great atty!
    Thanks! I too love the MantaV2!
    The mantaV2 came from @Chowderhead1972 (CAM) many many moons ago.
    The MP is originally from a Wotofo Atty², I cut the threads from the bottom so it was flush and pressed in a delrin stubby 510.
    It has become my favorite MP.
    20181106_165953.jpg

I don't think CAM has any more MantaV2s and I can't remember where the stubby came from.
    Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers
    I

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Thanks! I too love the MantaV2!
    The mantaV2 came from @Chowderhead1972 (CAM) many many moons ago.
    The MP is originally from a Wotofo Atty², I cut the threads from the bottom so it was flush and pressed in a delrin stubby 510.
    It has become my favorite MP.
    View attachment 778417
    I don't think CAM has any more MantaV2s and I can't remember where the stubby came from.
    Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers
    I
    A sufferer of modumust, I see. Thanks for the idea for the MP! Pretty sure I can make something like that, myself. :)

I'm familiar with CAM. Pretty sure I missed the boat on his Mantas. I'll deal with it when the time arrives. Cheers!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread