Is smoking an Ecigarette considered smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Every time i'm on skype with my mom on the camera, she is like how many of those ecigarettes have you had today?!?! I keep trying to tell her that it's not really a cigarette and you can't count them like they were cigarettes either LOL. And this one girl was like "Im trying to quit smoking" I was like why don't you just get an ecigarette Like i have! Then, she persisted to tell me that Ecigs are just as bad as smoking. I am kind of getting irritated with the world thinking they know something that they don't Anyone else with these issues?

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
When I quit analogs and started using my vaporizer, I remember my mother telling me she smelled analog smoke when I used my vaporizer. I called her out on her "mess" because I was vaping raspberry at the time and that DOES NOT smell like analog smoke by a long shot. I guess in her mind when she saw what she thought was smoke, she paired it will the smell of analog smoke. She hasn't done it again. After a few months, I started smelling "clean" (not like analogs made me smell) and when I came to her house and vaped it smelled like fruits (normally what I vape) she starting saying it smelled good.

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Just our moms being ignorant hehe

When I quit analogs and started using my vaporizer, I remember my mother telling me she smelled analog smoke when I used my vaporizer. I called her out on her "mess" because I was vaping raspberry at the time and that DOES NOT smell like analog smoke by a long shot. I guess in her mind when she saw what she thought was smoke, she paired it will the smell of analog smoke. She hasn't done it again. After a few months, I started smelling "clean" (not like analogs made me smell) and when I came to her house and vaped it smelled like fruits (normally what I vape) she starting saying it smelled good.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
You're going to get it. You called your mom out on her mess? She's going to whoop your behind.:evil:

Lol I have never gotten a whooping from my mother. We are outspoken people but I did do it in a nicer way then I would do with anyone else. I just hate for people to knock on something you are doing to actually better yourself.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I had the same discussion with my parents when I started vaping. I explained the device and when I said it still had nicotine, I got "so you're still smoking" as a reply. It was actually my kids that finally shut my parents up. I have 2 teenagers who HATED that I smoked even though I didn't do it around them. They think the e-cigs are awesome. Not in a "I can't wait to get my own" type of awesome, but a "mom's not a basket case and the house doesn't stink" awesome.

When I worked in the local e-cig shop, my son brought me a lot of customers from his fraternity because he lives in the frat house and hates the smoke there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread