Is the switch on the E-Power capable of handling up to 2.5A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericdjobs

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
Northern CA
I just ordered an E-power from madvapes (It's an ego-style 'mod' that uses a 14650 battery) It's modular and you can purchase each piece for replacements.

My question is about the default switch on the e-power. Is it capable of handling the high amp amounts of a low resistance (1.5ohm) or dual coil cartomizer? I know the MOSFETs in ego style devices are usually the weak point.. but I've heard mixed things about how capable the switch is in an E-Power.

The E-Power is regulated to deliver 3.7v at all times under load (Supposedly it boosts it if the battery can't support it, or lowers it if the battery is fully charged) and

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Best to contact the vendor about this, as I doubt anyone here knows this for sure, or has actually tested the switch. That said, the e-power is very similar to the NoEgo, from jazzcartopipe.com, which has a switch rated to 2 Amps, and they do sell DC cartos (1.6 ohm) for the NoEgo. So if the e-poewr uses the same switch, it might be ok, but also might die faster. Again, contact the vendor. They will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread