Closed/Sold Is ther such a thing as a charitable organization for donating vape gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My apologies for misinterpreting "your motives" as you put it. You stating the "cost' of your collection and being insistent about finding a charity certainly caused me to wonder.

Sell it for cheap or put it on the PIF thread. Like I said, it's not for me. If you don't have the time to clean it up, sort it an classify it, well, your options are somewhat limited. If it's high end stuff, vape Trader might be your best classified option, but again that does require a certain amount of verification, tinkering an cleaning up that you are not up for.

I am saying that most charities in the US are out, and that really was my main point. My apologies again, and should you need to vent further spleen,, have fun, won't be back to this thread.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

newconvert

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Colorado
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Wasn't meant against you. What she said was uncalled for. Sorry didn't mean to imply it to you.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
Thanks for your kind response ingneer, sometimes trying to do some good in this world just gets you a slap in the face. Glad it was not you too

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
How about this? VA members have an ID card right? You could have interested parties send you a copy of that and ship stuff to that address. It wouldn't be a bulk thing but it might help to weed out people who want freebies. Of course someone who knows a vet could still scam on this.

As far as a tax receipt, if Goodwill or Viet Nam Veterans of America are still doing pickups, just donate something as they usually leave blank receipts hanging on your door. Legitimately you're going to donate the goods anyways. I downsized my house and gave them tons of stuff. I had a stack of those blank receipts. If I can find one I'll mail it out to you.

Just kicking ideas around. Hope you figure it out. I know you've got good intentions. Kudos for your efforts!

newconvert

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Colorado
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How about this? VA members have an ID card right? You could have interested parties send you a copy of that and ship stuff to that address. It wouldn't be a bulk thing but it might help to weed out people who want freebies. Of course someone who knows a vet could still scam on this.

As far as a tax receipt, if Goodwill or Viet Nam Veterans of America are still doing pickups, just donate something as they usually leave blank receipts hanging on your door. Legitimately you're going to donate the goods anyways. I downsized my house and gave them tons of stuff. I had a stack of those blank receipts. If I can find one I'll mail it out to you.

Just kicking ideas around. Hope you figure it out. I know you've got good intentions. Kudos for your efforts!
Thank you for your response. Yes I have decided to do as you suggested. I usually on a yearly basis donate to the vets since I am a vet myself. But there is 1 person who has shown interest in a few of my mods and I am going to do what I can to get him those mods, after the lady above with her trolling response I have become more generous and at the same time just want to be done with my attempts to get great gear into other people’s use for free, I just wanted to get the gear back in use. Thank you for your post Urby

Reactions: urby2112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread