Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
To raise your resistance, either add more wraps or go to a bigger wire. To reduce your resistance, you can remove wraps, use a smaller wire or 'twist' strands of your wire - 2 strands twisted will cut resistance in half, 3 strands will reduce to 1/3 of the original resistance.

Actually, it is opposite of this... I think what you meant was to use a higher or lower ga.# in these instances. If want to raise it you would go to a thinner wire, as in if you are using 32ga you would go to 34ga to raise the resistance with the same amount of coils. If you want to lower it you would need to go to 30ga wire, and so forth.... Not sure where you got the info on twisted wire, but I don't think from what I read it will cut resistance in half or a third.... I know some people use 32 or 34ga twisted to get the same resistances as you would get with say a 28ga piece of wire... That was my understanding anyway...

Last edited:

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
something is seriously wrong if you are getting 2.8 with 4 wraps of 32. you shouldn't be above 2.0 or so with that. but then again they are crap china atties so the internal resistance maybe that bad. on my zap(no insulator, fat wick) i get 1.4-1.5 with 3 wraps....2.8 just seems awefully high with 4 wraps

Last edited:

Ojen924

Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
Southern California
yeah sounds like a short there with that resistance.
my 4 wraps of 32 come out a 1.3-1.4 ohm
When you short to ground you basically lower the resistance to zero...
With 4 wraps I am at about 1.3 ohms. Both on my cobra and my aga. You should keep wrapping and youtube the drill bit method. It works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread