Is there an E Cig Primer for kit bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdymon

Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Cypress, TX
Ok...so good or bad I'm browsing through the E Cig category on fasttech.com.

The choices are quite astounding in variety...so let me help with some parameters...

First, I'm purchasing E Cigs for my wife AND myself. I want the atomizers to be compatible between them. Currently I have a Vapor 1-2-3 with four cheap atomizers that are working well, if a bit...I don't know...I blow through the battery pretty quickly as I am a chain vaper. She has been using an old Joya 501 off and on for the last few years...it's time for an upgrade.

AND...she likes pink, girlie, etc..etc..

I'm considering this as a starter kit for her $22.35 6-in-1 Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - pink / US plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I'm pretty sure These are compatible...and I will likely get her a few different batteries following the 'pink' theme....

For me, I'm a big boy and don't mind a big battery...I like alot of vapor and I don't want to recharge THAT often. If I need multiple batteries to leave at the office and the house I can do that...

Also, I like my units to be a bit sleeker...I know the bigger tanks seem to thread to the inside threads of my battery, and I'm pretty sure they offer a beauty ring to cover up the...I don't know...ugliness...that is connector point.

The differnt ohms confuse me...not sure what kind of atomizer I will need...what will 'flow' the best? What will vaporize the best?

I doubt I will order much juice from there...I have concerns about a lack of quality control...who knows what they put in it...I'll buy that locally made or from a premium vendor...

So...suggestions from the crowd?

diog

Jun 26, 2013
northern california
ive been on fasttech website for a few days now lol they have soo much stuff

vapor 123 looks to be of the same form factor as what you're looking at, so if you can trade accessories now you should be able to then.

but do you really need the whole kit, w/case and charging cables? u can save money just getting new batteries/control units in packs of 2

the 900mah is a medium size. I think thats what I go right now and it can work for a fairly long time. I go between that and a 650mah which is considerably shorter in length, but still provides lots of power, just not as much obv as the larger ones.

with these batteries you want atomizers/clearomizers/cartomizers with ohm level of 1.8-2.4 .....the lower the ohms the hotter it gets so bit of a more intense vape experience while the higher the ohms is more of a "slow and low"

the best easy to use clearomizer for these batteries on fasttech is the innokin iclear 1.6ml or 3.0ml ...basically the same unit with different sized tank capacity. alot of the clearomizers on the site seem to have very funky ohm readings, and most people say to get best performance is to rebuild the coils from the get go, work that might not be desired by yall. I just cant be confident with the no-name clearomizers from them, unless anyone can say if they work well, like the non rebuildable ce4's you think would have to have decent coils in it at least, but their stats say something like 3ohms which is a bit crazy.

Last edited:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Not a bad kit for the wife!

Take a look at the X6 system they have. 1300mAh with an X8 tank (2.5 ohms) and a great case (if you're into cases..).
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004493/1382801
You can get the battery alone also (always have a spare...) and the cartos for the tank, as well as the tank.

I have this system, wife has it in purple. It may not be "sleek" sleek, but it doesn't need a "beauty" ring. I cannot fit my MT3/MT3S's into the well, so I use an ego/510 adapter.

Just something to check.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Rowdymon

Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Cypress, TX
Hola diog...

It's an incredibly thorough and confusing site...but I'm starting to get the hang of it...

That ohm information is EXACTLY the piece I was missing I believe...

So I have this right...I think...

Battery, atomizer and drip tips...(if not already included)...anything else is bonus and extra.

If I pick up units that have the removable batteries is there additional requirements when going that route?

On the kits...for my wife, yes I want to get her a kit to start, a few extra accessories and she can utilize some of my atomizers and juices till she figures out what she likes. Thankfully we have a couople of brick and mortars who charge decent pricing for juice...

I'll look at the innokin units...mmmmmm, tasty vape soon to come

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
This is what the threading looks like on an eGo, with examples of the kinds of devices that will fit on them. Any 510 threaded device will fit on another 510 threaded device, eGo or not.

egolatest.jpg

Thread covers (aka cone covers, sleeves, whatever; I think FT calls them adaptors) are available to make tanks look more streamlined on eGo-style devices. They are purely cosmetic:

ego%20sleve%20cone%20on%20battery.jpg

FT sells a cover close to the "D" type, but it doesn't have the slight lip. I think they sell other ones too. $1.27 EGO Battery Convertor Ring for 2.0mL ViVi Nova Atomizer - interior diameter: 11.7mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The Protank comes with it's own "Beauty Ring," which is similar to the "C" type, but a bit more refined. Note: it doesn't appear that all of the Protanks (or the X9 clones) sold on FT come with a ring. Always read the product description closely!

2149.jpg

Last edited:

diog

Jun 26, 2013
northern california
would it be worth talking about protected vs non-protected batteries? and on the units such as vamo, is there an auto shut off in case one forgots to turn it off while putting in your pocket? also, um...how does the vamo hold up to drops etc compared to egos? i ordered some ego lanyards from fasttech because i drop mine so much, i think it will be nice to have...is there similar solutions for other batteries? im kinda new too so :D

i think if you stick to innokin 16s or other "normal" shaped clearomizer shaped tanks i dont think any sleeve is needed or would fit. Basically if the bottom of the tank has that outer shell go down further, past the length as the inner post by about a half inch... u dont need it, only when the 510 thread sticks out from the bottom of your chosen accessory or is thinner than ur battery, like using a "thinner" 510 cartomiizer/tank.

looking on fasttech ive also been intrigued by the ego 510-t, which is the thinner 510 style battery. the feature im interested in is its automatic, meaning when you inhale and exhale it turns on and off. hands free vaping?! but its not "sealed" meaning if you overfill a tank or for whatever reason the tank leaks liquid into the battery it could short some things out.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I don't want an auto on off feature. Part of my job is covering facilities and that means outside...ie wind.

I like the button...but that's my personal preference.

On protected vs unprotected...not sure what that means

1) The devices you're looking at (basically anything over cig-a-like size) are all manual. That's a good thing.

2) Unless you are getting an APV (like a Vamo, Zmax, whatever) that you put batteries inside of, as opposed to the entire unit being a battery device, protected or unprotected is irrelevant.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
would it be worth talking about protected vs non-protected batteries? and on the units such as vamo, is there an auto shut off in case one forgots to turn it off while putting in your pocket? also, um...how does the vamo hold up to drops etc compared to egos? i ordered some ego lanyards from fasttech because i drop mine so much, i think it will be nice to have...is there similar solutions for other batteries? im kinda new too so :D

i think if you stick to innokin 16s or other "normal" shaped clearomizer shaped tanks i dont think any sleeve is needed or would fit. Basically if the bottom of the tank has that outer shell go down further, past the length as the inner post by about a half inch... u dont need it, only when the 510 thread sticks out from the bottom of your chosen accessory or is thinner than ur battery, like using a "thinner" 510 cartomiizer/tank.

looking on fasttech ive also been intrigued by the ego 510-t, which is the thinner 510 style battery. the feature im interested in is its automatic, meaning when you inhale and exhale it turns on and off. hands free vaping?! but its not "sealed" meaning if you overfill a tank or for whatever reason the tank leaks liquid into the battery it could short some things out.

Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries (Highly suggested!) are sold on FT, High drain Unprotected. Protected batteries will shut down the Vamo with it's built in protection circuit. Vamo does not have auto shutoff. Wife and I have dropped ours many times.. 7 months old now and while showing ther wear.. are working great!

Shouldn't need a cover/sleeve for Clearos of any type. Yep

510 batteries will have you running around looking for a charger. 230mAh is the average.. that's only about 2 hours of vaping, if you're lucky. Unless you know you only smoke 2 or 3 cigs a day, you already need 1 battery for 3 cigs you would have smoked... Auto on is great.. but fleeting..

diog

Jun 26, 2013
northern california
ahh ok so Vamo, etc is an "APV"

regarding the auto off feature i was talking about....was if you hold down the button for more than xx seconds ( or its in your pocket without locking it and the button is wedged on in ur pocket ) it will go off so you don't burn the atomizer and/or blow up the battery in your pocket/purse.

As i understand it, a Vamo left in the pocket/purse/case without locking it or whatever can probably result in a catastrophe? Is this only with unprotected batteries, such as that were recommended sold on fasttech?

btw all input has been appreciated! this forum rocks

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
ahh ok so Vamo, etc is an "APV"

regarding the auto off feature i was talking about....was if you hold down the button for more than xx seconds ( or its in your pocket without locking it and the button is wedged on in ur pocket ) it will go off so you don't burn the atomizer and/or blow up the battery in your pocket/purse.

As i understand it, a Vamo left in the pocket/purse/case without locking it or whatever can probably result in a catastrophe? Is this only with unprotected batteries, such as that were recommended sold on fasttech?

Ummmm....I'm sorry, I think there are two conversations going in this thread and I wasn't following yours.

AVP = Advanced Personal Vaporizer. It's a loose term, but generally is used for anything batteries are put inside of.

Auto off is a cut-off feature if the firing button is held down too long. I imagine it's for keeping it from going off in you're pocket, I don't know. You can turn them off.

Catastrophe? The firing buttons are pretty difficult to depress - I'm more worried about the devices getting scratched or juice leaking when I go out. That's just me - I live dangerously.

Vamos, ProVaris, Zmaxes, et al, have protection built into their circuitry, so a protected battery won't work. An unprotected battery isn't less safe, it's made of a different chemistry.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
ah ok good, so it wasn't worth mentioning...confusion gone....thanks

Everything is worth mentioning if you have a question about it. I hope I didn't come off as abrupt to you, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to dispel undue fear about the devices. It's technically true that a battery might accidentally discharge and cause a problem, but, to put it in perspective, so could a cellphone or flashlight.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
would it be worth talking about protected vs non-protected batteries? and on the units such as vamo, is there an auto shut off in case one forgots to turn it off while putting in your pocket? also, um...how does the vamo hold up to drops etc compared to egos? i ordered some ego lanyards from fasttech because i drop mine so much, i think it will be nice to have...is there similar solutions for other batteries? im kinda new too so :D.........................

With the Vamo, you want to use unprotected batteries, as the Vamo has a protection circuit built into it. You must manually turn the Vamo on and off. You could accidently depress the button, which is possible with all manual battery model PV's. It won't blow up but you could burn out your carto or clearo and have to replace it before you can vape.

EFest, AW or Panasonic are the most recommended batteries for APV's. The Vamo will provide you a more consistent vape than an eGo and will allow you to use almost any atty/carto/clearo on it, unlike the eGo's that limit what you can use. And in the long run, it will save you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread