Is there an e-cigarette equivalent for alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have been sober a long time from various things. AA was helpful.

I didn't think so at 19 when my parents made me go to rehab but when I was ready, it's helpful.

There is no special vape that is going to make alcohol cravings go away, if you don't also get the "effect."

I mean, vaping is to cigarettes-- Benzodiazepines are to alcohol.

And by that, I mean benzodiazepines will give you a similar EFFECT to alcohol, and are PROBABLY safer, to an extent. They will also, over time, give you tolerance.

vaping does not equal alcohol. Period. I am also not suggesting you go and buy a bunch of benzos, either. They aren't really that great harm reduction and mostly used to make and ETOH detox safer.

But, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I also wouldn't suggest Antabuse as a fantastic option either. That drug was just developed to punish alcoholics, in my opinion, quite frankly and depending on your intake it can also be QUITE unsafe if you drink on it. Don't. It's also a crutch that either most people stop taking because they want to drink, or once they stop, they are back at it,.

Naltrexone has more safe data behind it, but I'm not exactly suggesting that either as it also kind of sucks.

Go to at least 6 different AA meetings, find some you like, find some people you like, and just get busy.

AA may not be MORE EFFECTIVE than certain "current treatments" but it is probably about EQUAL to everything else and its side effects are usually MUCH less harmful.

Good luck,

Anna

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Hello,

Does someone know of a replacement for alcohol ?

I accidentally started vaping and was never on the look out to really quit cigarettes, which I have. And now I am enjoying it - I don't think without knowing about e-cigarettes I would have ever been able to get on this path.

Now, I want to get off of alcohol but I don't know what can help me. I went cold turkey for a month - but not longer. The taste of scotch/bourbon and the feeling I get as I take a sip is too hard to give up. So I am looking to get off my Scotch and whiskies which I consume neat/on the rocks. Any suggestions please ?

@mod - sorry if this is a wrong-ish questions for a vaping discussion board - please delete if the question isn't following the accepted guidelines and stuff.

Cheers,
manabush firewater i liked #1 but for the drink taste #2 was stronger there are new ones out now #4 #5 #6 with #5 said to be the better of the three

stopping drink myself had my last....two Fridays ago
and....
feeling good :)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Someone with an actual alcohol problem will simply go broke much faster using this method.

Exactly !.

Go broke whilst drinking 4 litres or go broke whilst drinking 700ml.

Which would you choose ?.

The second option doesn't include pickling your liver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread