Is there an e-cigarette equivalent for alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hbuddha

Jan 25, 2019
Hello,

Does someone know of a replacement for alcohol ?

I accidentally started vaping and was never on the look out to really quit cigarettes, which I have. And now I am enjoying it - I don't think without knowing about e-cigarettes I would have ever been able to get on this path.

Now, I want to get off of alcohol but I don't know what can help me. I went cold turkey for a month - but not longer. The taste of scotch/bourbon and the feeling I get as I take a sip is too hard to give up. So I am looking to get off my Scotch and whiskies which I consume neat/on the rocks. Any suggestions please ?

@mod - sorry if this is a wrong-ish questions for a vaping discussion board - please delete if the question isn't following the accepted guidelines and stuff.

Cheers,

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Alcoholics Anonymous

Seriously. Grab your vape and go to a meeting. Good luck!
Agreed.

Thing is, unless you are ready to quit, it's not going to happen. Best thing to do though is check out some meetings. Most of what you hear isn't going to make sense at first, over time it will.

Just go, sit, and LISTEN. Honestly, it took me going to AA to stop, but I was ready to. I just wasn't able to do it on my own. It was a last resort for me, but it's the only thing that ever worked for me.

Good luck. If you want to stop and can't (sounds like it), then you should at least check out a few meetings.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Antabuse (disuliram), not as pleasant as vaping but you most likely not consume alcohol more than one time while using it.

Hello,

I accidentally started vaping and was never on the look out to really quit cigarettes, which I have. And now I am enjoying it - I don't think without knowing about e-cigarettes I would have ever been able to get on this path.

Now, I want to get off of alcohol but I don't know what can help me. I went cold turkey for a month - but not longer. The taste of scotch/bourbon and the feeling I get as I take a sip is too hard to give up. So I am looking to get off my Scotch and whiskies which I consume neat/on the rocks. Any suggestions please ?

@mod - sorry if this is a wrong-ish questions for a vaping discussion board - please delete if the question isn't following the accepted guidelines and stuff.

Cheers,

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
How neat would that be if someone could replicate all the joys of drinking like that minus the drunk effect!
I know what you mean, that alcohol version of a throat hit. You'd become a billionaire if you could do it. Alas im not that scientifically gifted.
Synthahol.....I have seen it before on star trek

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I was able to thwart urges for alcohol by using sweetened items during the day like juicy fruit gum or starbursts.

By doing that during the day my evening cravings for the sugars in alcohol had been curbed.

I told my alcoholic brother about it and he chose jelly beans, which worked for him. We both ended up spending the cost savings at the dentist but I'm 20+ years sober and he's in year 5.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hello,

Cheers,

The best solution i ever had was to start drinking the most expensive Scotch i could find off the shelf. I went through many different brands. During this time i decided that any Scotch with peat in it was a no no, just tastes dirty. Love The Mcallan, best of the best !.

Now, my absolute favourite is Glenfiddich 18, 15's pretty good too, the 12, just a little bitter and it's reflected in the price.

What i do hate are cheap blends. Why are they so popular ?, because they're cheap !!!. Jack Daniels, Teachers, Bells, Grouse, JB etc all taste like crap and are about £15 per litre !.

Glenfiddich 18 costs about £60 for 700ml.

The point is that you'll drink a lot less of the expensive stuff, because it's so expensive. Works for me, totally neat !.

Here's some interesting reading for those who might be interested in authentic Scotch Whisky.
Scotch whisky - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello,

Cheers,

Alcoholics Anonymous

Seriously. Grab your vape and go to a meeting. Good luck!

JMO... But one thing I'll mention is to Me, AA Meetings are like Restaurants.

All AA meetings are there to do the Same Thing. But just like Restaurants, some are Great, some are Average, some are So-So, and some are not so hot.

Because an AA Meeting is only as Good as the People who go to that Meeting.

So if you go to a Meeting and you're not exactly thrilled with it, Go to Another Meeting. Just like you would if you went to a Restaurant and the Food was not so great.

Another thing, If you go to a Meeting and you hear someone speak and you like what they have to say, ask them at the Break, or after the meeting, what are other Good Meetings that they like to go to?

AA Works. I'll have 7 Years in May. But like Most things in Life, you Get Out of it what you Put Into it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
JMO... But one thing I'll mention is to Me, AA Meetings are like Restaurants.

All AA meetings are there to do the Same Thing. But just like Restaurants, some are Great, some are Average, some are So-So, and some are not so hot.

Because an AA Meeting is only as Good as the People who go to that Meeting.

So if you go to a Meeting and you're not exactly thrilled with it, Go to Another Meeting. Just like you would if you went to a Restaurant and the Food was not so great.

Another thing, If you go to a Meeting and you hear someone speak and you like what they have to say, ask them at the Break, or after the meeting, what are other Good Meetings that they like to go to?

AA Works. I'll have 7 Years in May. But like Most things in Life, you Get Out of it what you Put Into it.
Congratulations, hard road to travel.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Congratulations, hard road to travel.

Thank you.

The beginning was kinda Rocky. Could Never have done it on my own. And then at about a Year, that voice started to come back. But I had Tools in my Tool Box by then that I could pull out and Bash that voice.

After Two Years, it just became something that I Don't do anymore. Don't Miss it. And I Don't have any desire to try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread