Is this a real PG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albazie

Sep 30, 2019
Hello Everyone

I just received "my PG" last week and I was so excited at that moment. When I opened the bottle I found that my "PG" has very strong smell. I tasted it and found it is sweet. First thing I did is filling a new pod with 100% pg and vape it. Dont ask me about the awful taste and the zero throat hit. Next step I did is mixing "my PG" with VG and the result was a contaminated VG ;( . I heared alot about how PG gives throat hit but I cant feel this. I started my investigation about "my PG" by inspecting the bottle and shaking it. When I looked inside it I found forign objects and piece of insect wing. Then I start to think that the liquid may be stored in bad conditions and that's why I got the bad results when I vape it. What do you think, is "my PG" real propylene glycol?!
knowing that I buy it from Ubuy.com and the description was "Propylene Glycol 100% USP Grade in a One Gallon Poly Bottle". You can see it in the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_201339.jpg
    IMG_20190925_201339.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Insect wings aren’t made of PG. Whether it’s “real” isn’t even the question. It’s dirty. It might have been “real” at one time but it’s clearly not food grade now. What does the label say? It needs to be greater than 99% pure, and USP food grade. Iirc 99.9 and 99.99% are available.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Izan is spot on. I only buy my VG from the local chemists shop and dilute it 10% by volume with water. Pharma Grade VG is the only stuff I'll use, aka Glycerin BPC as was in the UK; Pharma Grade stuff will be marked as such, and will have an equivalent in the U.S. too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread