Is this battery dangerous??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
please excuse the poor quality of the picture, If you cannot tell, this one of the Nimh AAA batteries that I use in my mod, it is not swollen or distended like it looks in the picture, but the label is peeling off. This happened earlier today whilst charging. I have a fifteen minute charger that even has a cooling fan, but the batteries do still get quite hot. I think that this happened simply because the adhesive used on the label is of poor quality, and the label appears to made out of some sort of heat shrink material, but as I am not sure I would like some expert advice. Also, if i simply remove the label, will the button on the positive connection fall off, because it appears that that's whats holding it on?

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 119

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
I personally would reject the battery, but my main concern is the charger, have you an old battery you could test it on once again, to see if the same thing happens?

I see you joined here in December, so I am assuming your instinct is saying the same as mine, as you are an experienced vaper.

I never play around with batteries, it just isnt worth the risk, any sign of damage and out they go, and in this case I would be questioning that charger even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread