• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is usp glycerine same as vegetable glycerine ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
hi guys i wanted to ask is usp glycerine from shoppers drug mart same as any vg (vegetable glycerine)... its $2.50 for 250ml...
let me know what you guys think or have used it before...
btw the usp glycerine from shoppers was quite viscous or thick you can say... just a mental note...
I use ONLY vegetable glycerin.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
If you buy the large bottle of glycerine from Shoppers, you can use it for many bathroom rituals.

Glycerine is hygroscopic. It attracts water. This is why your mouth dries out when vaping. A drop in your palm can be applied when still wet from the shower for a great moisturizer. Mix 1 part with 10 parts water for homemade mouthwash (it also has anti bacterial properties)

Mix a drop with shaving soap and watch your lather explode.

You will quickly see that 500 ml goes very fast when used for more than vaping.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
If you buy the large bottle of glycerine from Shoppers, you can use it for many bathroom rituals.

Glycerine is hygroscopic. It attracts water. This is why your mouth dries out when vaping. A drop in your palm can be applied when still wet from the shower for a great moisturizer. Mix 1 part with 10 parts water for homemade mouthwash (it also has anti bacterial properties)

Mix a drop with shaving soap and watch your lather explode.

You will quickly see that 500 ml goes very fast when used for more than vaping.

Excellent post!!!

I enjoy using highly glycerinated clear soaps, only problem is they last a few days. Because of their high glycerin content, the soaps are very moisturizing to the skin (which I like on my extremities very much!), but unfortunately, this high glycerin content also means that the soap will dissolve more rapidly in water than soaps with less glycerin, and that if the bar of soap is left exposed to air, you will notice these beads that attract moisture and glisten. Therefore, if you want your'e highly glycerinated soap to last, seal it in an air lock bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread