The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Issue(s) with Kanger Subox Mini

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Captain Pegleg, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Aaaand I can't turn the side screw on the RBA deck. Put ejuice on the outside and inside, stuck tight, help?

2. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    This article convinced my mom that pyrazines are addictive. The title as well as the overall tone of this article are hugely misleading. If you read carefully though, you will see nothing about pyrazines actually being harmful by themselves. If you dress up an addictive substance like nicotine with better tastes/smells, then you'll want it more, same as foods. Also misleading that it puts "burning and inhaling" and electronic cigarettes in the same sentence. Nothing is burned when an e-cig is used correctly. Flavorings that are heavy in pl
    So I threaded the wick through the wick holes, not a problem. Been using for 3 hours now, no dry hits, no gurgle! Taste is very good, except on long hits I can taste the cotton a bit, not burned cotton, just "cotton,"...i was hoping this organic cotton wouldn't have a taste! Not a deal breaker for me thoufh, not nearly as bad as when I tried regular cotton balls. I'll boil it maybe and see.

Plus 20 prewound coils and cotton for $6, that's a deal Maker ;)

3. daveyp

daveyp Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    BUFFALO
    Mine does make a buzzing noise, not noticeabe unless it's dead quiet though, didnt even realize it until i saw your post and checked with it near my ear.

I do not experience the vaping issue you are having though. at 7-10w on my 0.5 I get little vapor. at 30-40w it hits very nicely, maybe a tad stronger than my ST Plus with the old 0.5 coils

• Like Like x 1
  4. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    My phone was wonky while I was trying to comment on an article the other day, just realized I pasted what I wanted to post there, Here haha...man.
    I realized my issue was really just, all I had to compare this tank to as far as subohm experiences was the Arctic, which has so much air you could Breathe through it. So they are just so different there, not enough air for me to go above 13 watts or so, not without getting a cotton taste. Still experimenting with the RBA and how much cotton to use for good wicking also :)

5. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    I'd like to update. I put the vertical occ coil up for about a week, got it bvk out today and I can crank the wattage up much higher. I can taste cotton now before it feels too hot (I just take drags that are too long). So it works as recommended, now. I'm about to buy 5 or 10 more because I enjoy the vapor production and how well it wicks.

6. Beakerrrr

Beakerrrr Full Member

Jul 15, 2015
    What strength juice are you using?

7. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Between 4-8 mg nicotine - my issue is resolved now, btw

8. shreduhsoreus

shreduhsoreus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The resistance of the coil means nothing when comparing the two, it's the design. Those T3D coils may also be 1.5 ohms but they're trash. The Subtank Mini with that resistance coil will provide a far superior vape.

9. VNeil

VNeil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    I saw a chart posted on ECF the other day suggesting that the KBox Mini runs at a higher wattage than specified at the low end of it's range (around 10 watts). It was in a discussion of Mean vs RMS I think. I wish I could find the post or a similar posting of that test chart.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    It's not trash if it tastes awesome and never leaks, like I said the coil that came with the subox floods, so...not superior :p plus, I can put the t3d on an ego for use at work, and...IT WORKS. I put higher nic juice in it. When I want a cigarette, what do I alsways turn to? My T3D on an ego.

11. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Sad that it's too late to edit my original post, but I have to say that I do love mu subox mini. I dont use the tank it came with at all, and it's chipped to hell but i've never been big on cosmetics anyway. But ease of use, battery life, LOVE how the screen goes off after a few seconds. Hand fit is great. I really want to use the rba deck in the subtank but I cant effin get the screw off, and building with the tube still on is almost impossible lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. VNeil

VNeil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    That screw holding the lower chimney down requires a smaller screwdriver than typically used for coil screws. Just getting a sanity check here :). I got mine on and off without issue, but used a rather tiny jeweler's screwdriver, part of a basic 5 piece jeweler's screwdriver set.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ktcmojo

ktcmojo Senior Member Verified Member

Jul 4, 2015
    I put mine together right out of the box and run it at 30W and wide open and LOVE IT-
    The thing I was wondering about is the VOLTAGE-the Spinner II I had I could change the Voltage but not the Watts-is there a way to change the Voltage? Is it necessarry?
    On the Spinner higher V was like turning up the Watts on the Subox-On the screen it shows 0 V 30 W.........
    Am I doing something wrong? Im loving it, just wondering about adjustments to play with it and see where I can go!

14. ktcmojo

Jul 4, 2015
    Where did you find that deal??????

15. ktcmojo

Jul 4, 2015
    For anyone interested- ecig.com sells 5 paks of the OCC vertical coils for $10.79-best price I have found-here in town a box is $20

• Like Like x 2
  16. ktcmojo

Jul 4, 2015
    Also ecig.com is selling the subox mini kit for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You WONT beat that price-and it ships from Austin, Tx NOT China

• Like Like x 2
  17. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    • Like Like x 2
  18. ktcmojo

Jul 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Oh then, you're welcome man! I ought to try using them again, have like 17 left after wasting 3 trying to install them without removing that cylinder (couldnt get the screw loose haha), I ended up just YANKING it off and then loosening the screw.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Captain Pegleg

Apr 14, 2015
    Arkansas
    Glance at the voltage reading while hitting the fire button, that's the only time it shows the voltage.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.