Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
hello
i have a bit of an issue when using my siren 2 GTA on TC mode

so i am a chain vaper who loves MTL and going after flavor

i have an SX Mini G-Class with the latest Firmware
my coil wire is 26g (SS 316L) 7 wraps spaced coil coming around (0.52 ohm)
i am vaping at 18 joule(whatts) and around 400F Temp
the tank after 3 puffs or so getting so hot that i feel that it's gonna explode
and if lower the temp the flavor go away and the cloud become way too less
any tips or help what should i do to get the most out of TC as i really have bad experience with it

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
hello
i have a bit of an issue when using my siren 2 GTA on TC mode

so i am a chain vaper who loves MTL and going after flavor

i have an SX Mini G-Class with the latest Firmware
my coil wire is 26g (SS 316L) 7 wraps spaced coil coming around (0.52 ohm)
i am vaping at 18 joule(whatts) and around 400F Temp
the tank after 3 puffs or so getting so hot that i feel that it's gonna explode
and if lower the temp the flavor go away and the cloud become way too less
any tips or help what should i do to get the most out of TC as i really have bad experience with it

MTL at 18W is too harsh for me. Try turning down the wattage until the vape starts to improve. What's happening is probably a wick that's unable to keep up with temperature and drying out. You also might find 28ga wire to be faster to heat and more controllable. Pack the wick tightly in the coil to make sure the wick contacts the coil fully to eliminate hot spots.

Most MTL atomizers don't have the airflow to keep the vape cool enough at higher wattage.

• Useful

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
MTL at 18W is too harsh for me. Try turning down the wattage until the vape starts to improve. What's happening is probably a wick that's unable to keep up with temperature and drying out. You also might find 28ga wire to be faster to heat and more controllable. Pack the wick tightly in the coil to make sure the wick contacts the coil fully to eliminate hot spots.

Most MTL atomizers don't have the airflow to keep the vape cool enough at higher wattage.
well i was vaping for over a year using kanthal A1 and i have no problem with wicks regarding the siren 2
but the problem appear about the temprature settings itself (that 420F) if i go lower i don't get vapor or flavor also the tank itself becoming too hot after 3 puffs or so .. i don't get dry hits just the tank is so hot that i am afraid that the glass will broke or it will explode lol

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If any MTL atomizer is going to offer enough airflow it would probably be the Siren V2, it's an airy vape. I have vaped my coil (around 1.0) ohms using a ramp up of an all powerful 10 watts, LOL, and I keep my high temps pretty low (like 390 or so). I very rarely enter temp control, but with that said, I am also rotating setups when I chain vape, so it's pretty rare for it to kick in.

Depending on whether you have the 22 mm or the 24 mm (the smaller atomizer will probably heat more quickly would be my thought, although technically the coil is what is being read, but with everything being smaller, I could see it heating up more quickly. I don't think your settings are crazy overwhelming for a MTL vape, so I'm wondering about wicking and making sure you thin your wicks enough. If you aren't using a spaced coil, you may also get better results.

Have you tried the tank in TC on any other mod, and vice versa? Because I guess your mod could be reading that tank inaccurately or something, but I would suggest more experimentation with build and if you can, trying TC on another tank to isolate it to the Siren V2 itself, if you haven't. Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: DaveP

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
If any MTL atomizer is going to offer enough airflow it would probably be the Siren V2, it's an airy vape. I have vaped my coil (around 1.0) ohms using a ramp up of an all powerful 10 watts, LOL, and I keep my high temps pretty low (like 390 or so). I very rarely enter temp control, but with that said, I am also rotating setups when I chain vape, so it's pretty rare for it to kick in.

Depending on whether you have the 22 mm or the 24 mm (the smaller atomizer will probably heat more quickly would be my thought, although technically the coil is what is being read, but with everything being smaller, I could see it heating up more quickly. I don't think your settings are crazy overwhelming for a MTL vape, so I'm wondering about wicking and making sure you thin your wicks enough. If you aren't using a spaced coil, you may also get better results.

Have you tried the tank in TC on any other mod, and vice versa? Because I guess your mod could be reading that tank inaccurately or something, but I would suggest more experimentation with build and if you can, trying TC on another tank to isolate it to the Siren V2 itself, if you haven't. Good luck!

Anna
thank you anna for your replay i would like to say that first of all
i have SX Mini G-Class and i have problem with TC in general but with MTL never tried on DL Tanks
ok i would say
i have 26g SS316L wire only for TC no 28g/30g to get 1.0 and i am using spaced coil
i need somewhat tips for the TC i mean what temp should i use to start off from ?
can i chain vape on TC mode ? and btw i have the 24mm version of the siren and i really like how great it is ( i am vaping with 3 holes only opened ) but the flavor not there yet for me :(

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you need to understand you are vaping MTL and there are going to be some major differences with DL. I'd probably spend some time vaping it in wattage mode and get a feel for what tastes "best" in wattage mode, experimenting with higher and lower wattage, and more or less airflow. You could also do some experimenting with the coil, some folks find using TC, they don't really have as much concern with builds, so sometimes something as simple as reducing your coil to 0.8 resistance can change flavor, and you may find that as you play with resistance, you get "flavor joy" at a different wattage.

Until you get it where you like in wattage mode, it's going to be hard to achieve success in temperature control mode, because from the sounds of things, you haven't experimented much with builds. You may find more mass (e.g. perhaps a more exotic coil) gives you more flavor for example, if you are used to sub0hm vaping. More surface area can sometimes mean better flavor, for sure. The more mass you use, the more wattage you will likely need, due to the amount of metal needing to be heated up. But, that may actually work to your favor, given your wattage now is fairly low. You can use a twisted wire build as long as the internal wire is a TC wire, (to the best of my understanding, I may be wrong).

So, I would get your tank working "optimally" in wattage mode first. I do that with all my tanks, because at the end of the day, I am basing my TC "options" on how a tank vapes in wattage mode. I usually input my "preferred" wattage, and since I am vaping MTL I set my temperatures on the low side. Fair disclosure, I rarely "reach" temp protect mode, as I usually chain vape over several setups, so I am often putting the mod down "before" it hit's my "optimal" temperature, but I like a cool vape and low wattage. It will occasionally happen when out and about and I only have a few setups with me, but for the most part, I don't "need" to use it.

But, I think figuring out build, type of wire, airflow wattage and flavor changes would be the place to start. You may also want to lower your "upper limit" a bit, if the tank is becoming very hot in TC mode, or you may like a warmer vape but need a build to match your flavor/wattage needs.

I would say try it with the airflow wide open too. It has been my experience that the Siren V2 can be a somewhat "thirsty" tank, with airflow completely open, but in my experience anyway, it "works" better that way, and provides optimal flavor that way, which is why I run it that way.

Best of luck, I hope some of the above was helpful :)

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
Well, you need to understand you are vaping MTL and there are going to be some major differences with DL. I'd probably spend some time vaping it in wattage mode and get a feel for what tastes "best" in wattage mode, experimenting with higher and lower wattage, and more or less airflow. You could also do some experimenting with the coil, some folks find using TC, they don't really have as much concern with builds, so sometimes something as simple as reducing your coil to 0.8 resistance can change flavor, and you may find that as you play with resistance, you get "flavor joy" at a different wattage.

Until you get it where you like in wattage mode, it's going to be hard to achieve success in temperature control mode, because from the sounds of things, you haven't experimented much with builds. You may find more mass (e.g. perhaps a more exotic coil) gives you more flavor for example, if you are used to sub0hm vaping. More surface area can sometimes mean better flavor, for sure. The more mass you use, the more wattage you will likely need, due to the amount of metal needing to be heated up. But, that may actually work to your favor, given your wattage now is fairly low. You can use a twisted wire build as long as the internal wire is a TC wire, (to the best of my understanding, I may be wrong).

So, I would get your tank working "optimally" in wattage mode first. I do that with all my tanks, because at the end of the day, I am basing my TC "options" on how a tank vapes in wattage mode. I usually input my "preferred" wattage, and since I am vaping MTL I set my temperatures on the low side. Fair disclosure, I rarely "reach" temp protect mode, as I usually chain vape over several setups, so I am often putting the mod down "before" it hit's my "optimal" temperature, but I like a cool vape and low wattage. It will occasionally happen when out and about and I only have a few setups with me, but for the most part, I don't "need" to use it.

But, I think figuring out build, type of wire, airflow wattage and flavor changes would be the place to start. You may also want to lower your "upper limit" a bit, if the tank is becoming very hot in TC mode, or you may like a warmer vape but need a build to match your flavor/wattage needs.

I would say try it with the airflow wide open too. It has been my experience that the Siren V2 can be a somewhat "thirsty" tank, with airflow completely open, but in my experience anyway, it "works" better that way, and provides optimal flavor that way, which is why I run it that way.

Best of luck, I hope some of the above was helpful :)

Anna
actually i didn't use Sub-ohm for more than 1 month and moved to RTA
my first one was (Kayfun 5,then kayfun Prime and now got the siren 2 )
and have 2 other RTA's for DL vaping (Ammit 25,Mini Pharoah)
anyway my concern is about the tank getting so hot . maybe the way i vape make it like that on TC mode
i am fine with wattage mode just getting the flavor on siren2 but i can't find the optimal settings to get the flavor that i am getting from the normal Kanthal A1 26g on my siren 2
when i see everybody saying that SS with TC Mode have a better flavor i don't know i am confused also confused because the Tank is getting too hot if i get the temp anywhere near 360F-420F

• Optimistic

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
Well, what happens when you open the airflow ALL the way, and you limit your temperature more?

Anna
the tank cools down a bit but the flavor getting muted
I have found that I have to shut off any pre-heat stuff on my TC mods to get a vape equivalent to wattage mode
do u have any idea how to do so on SX Mini G-Class ? i mean i am using standard mode when in general that's mean no pre heat i guess

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
the tank cools down a bit but the flavor getting muted

do u have any idea how to do so on SX Mini G-Class ? i mean i am using standard mode when in general that's mean no pre heat i guess
No, I don't have anything with a yihi chip, but if there is any setting about preheat watts and/or preheat seconds - set them to zero

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
You certainly own one of the best and most complicated mods out there in the G class. It is not a typical mod for beginners so I am guessing you have some experience at all this. I use my Siren V2 on a Lost Vape dna mod at the moment and I can get it to work in tc. I also tend to chain vape on mtl tanks. Some tanks play nicer with tc than others. I find the Siren V2 to be not as tc friendly as some others I own.

Now for some specifics. Lower you wattage setting. At 18 watts with your coil you are probably hitting or close to hitting tc and that is causing the mod to back off and present a weak vape. Even raising the temp setting probably won't resolve it. If you vape it in vw mode first and find a comfortable level then plug that wattage reading into your temperature setting. I am betting it will be closer to 13 watts. SS wire will retain heat longer than say Kanthal after you vape it. When you are chain vaping ss the wire never cools down and that can really screw with the entire theory of tc on some mods. I don't have an sx mod so I can't comment about settings. I know on my dna mods I have to customize the ss profile to get a good vape out of the SirenV2 with ss wire. Every tank is different. You have a very high end mod so I am sure it can work with the Siren V2. Maybe go to some G class forums threads and ask around. Final comment, for a chain vape using mtl with ss wire .5 ohm is asking a lot of your tc mod. Higher resistance coil would put less strain on the system.

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
You certainly own one of the best and most complicated mods out there in the G class. It is not a typical mod for beginners so I am guessing you have some experience at all this. I use my Siren V2 on a Lost Vape dna mod at the moment and I can get it to work in tc. I also tend to chain vape on mtl tanks. Some tanks play nicer with tc than others. I find the Siren V2 to be not as tc friendly as some others I own.

Now for some specifics. Lower you wattage setting. At 18 watts with your coil you are probably hitting or close to hitting tc and that is causing the mod to back off and present a weak vape. Even raising the temp setting probably won't resolve it. If you vape it in vw mode first and find a comfortable level then plug that wattage reading into your temperature setting. I am betting it will be closer to 13 watts. SS wire will retain heat longer than say Kanthal after you vape it. When you are chain vaping ss the wire never cools down and that can really screw with the entire theory of tc on some mods. I don't have an sx mod so I can't comment about settings. I know on my dna mods I have to customize the ss profile to get a good vape out of the SirenV2 with ss wire. Every tank is different. You have a very high end mod so I am sure it can work with the Siren V2. Maybe go to some G class forums threads and ask around. Final comment, for a chain vape using mtl with ss wire .5 ohm is asking a lot of your tc mod. Higher resistance coil would put less strain on the system.
thank you very much
i think you covered the most of what i was wondering also yeah i think with wattage mode i am good but SS is not for me . i think i am gonna try NI80

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I agree with lil_buddy. Find the setting in wattage mode that works and plug that value into your TC mode setup and turn off preheat for the time being. Tweak it to suit your vape preference and don't worry about where the wattage is or what the heat reading is in TC. Not all mods read the coil the same, especially in TC mode.

You might play with TCR to find the setting that puts you into the TC vape you like with the SS wire you are using. 92 works for me with SS316L in most mods.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Where you using the SS in TC? If so that’s for a 304 ss wire not 316L. Well at least in the Q mini.

You are setting and locking the resistance in tcr BEFORE using the tank? Both need to be at room temperature to read the changes in resistance accurately. What do you have the Temperature Compensation set to?

You might be better off as @stols001 mentinined to stick with power or wattage mode for the time being. There is a Novice mode as well as the Advanced mode.

Hope you get it running the way you like. The SX mini is an incredible mod.

• Useful

Sakr22

Mar 22, 2018
Where you using the SS in TC? If so that’s for a 304 ss wire not 316L. Well at least in the Q mini.

You are setting and locking the resistance in tcr BEFORE using the tank? Both need to be at room temperature to read the changes in resistance accurately. What do you have the Temperature Compensation set to?

You might be better off as @stols001 mentinined to stick with power or wattage mode for the time being. There is a Novice mode as well as the Advanced mode.

Hope you get it running the way you like. The SX mini is an incredible mod.
well i have 316L wire from UD and yes i did all you mentioned but the only thing is how to go for novoice mode from advanced (i tried with the APP on my android and it's not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread