Issues with Apsire Zelos N-2 - Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
Hi all - I'm back after a brief hiatus. Since, I got this mod (May), I've been on-off with it, but decided recently to try it again in earnest. One of the big issues - that can only be resolved by getting a different mod with a bigger tank - is the fact that I seem to be having to add e-juice every time I turn around. Annoying, but livable for now until I decide what mod to get next. So, in the meantime, it's other related issues that maybe some of you can help with.

After adding, e-juice, it takes several puffs/drags to get it back to where I am actually producing vapor. Is this normal? Sometimes, this causes me to actually taste the e-juice. Not so good.

Also, on occasion, the blasted thing leaks after adding e-juice. I must be somehow loosening up the tank when removing the sleeve? Although, for the most part, it stops leaking on its own. So that could mean I am overfilling??

Given how often e-juice has to be added - and the resulting issues noted above - it has caused me to limit my use of the mod. I am trying to stop doing that, as I have gotten down to as little as 2-3 cigarettes a day - that is when I am not having trouble with it.

Is it all related to overfilling it? I swear I have never filled it above what I think is the max line on the tank - the pics in the instructions are pretty pathetic... I believe some of you said that while this mod is supposed to handle 2.0? ml of juice, it really can only handle about 1.7?? I am not sure it can handle even that much. Should I actually be trying to measure the amount in a dropper??

Is there more you need to know that I haven't included above?

Thanks, from an obvious 'newbie'!!!!

Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi

I use an N2. It can be a bit fiddly and prone to wetness.

Short answer would be to try another tank - the Innokin Zenith is highly thought of around here. (I haven't used it).

I find filling my N2 ok if I slow right down - and you can get close to 2ml if you're patient.

Close the airflow before adding juice, then slowly screw the cap back on, but not nutter tight. Last thing is to reopen the airflow before you vape. And do make sure the coil's tightly screwed into the base.

Oh and yes - it's not unknown for the N2 to feel soggy - just wipe it down and off you go. If you see juice coming from the airflow and things are nice and tight, that's maybe not so hot. My other N2 hit the floor and met that end.

Good luck & don't worry - better advice is close at hand!

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I already moved on the the Zenith, but know exactly what you are describing.
I was able to avoid the problem by not filling too high, close the air flow, and firmly but not heavily screw the bell down. Too lightly and it leaks, too heavily and you mash the O ring and it leaks. Be patient and handle firmly.
Long term answer is just get the Zenith.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
When you fill it to recommended level screw the bell but when you start filling slight resistance flip the tank upside down before final turn... that way you will force air ... not the juice... into air flow channel openings...

After doing above as an extra precaution... take piece of paper towel or napkin place it around air holes and make couple strong blows to remove any drops of liquid that can still be inside AF chanel.

If you need to take several puffs/drags to produce vapor it can mean your air flow/air flow holes is blocked by flooded e-juice. I have 2 Nautilus tanks and very rarely have such problem... although recently I use N2 not so often because I like my RTAs better.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
I've tried all of the above...And, this morning, when I tried to use it after not touching since last night (turned off overnight), I am again getting juice in my mouth and no vape. The difference this time is that I did NOT have to add juice this morning, the tank had already been filled.

The coil is 1.8ohm, at 13W. I don't touch the wattage, not that knowledgeable.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I've tried all of the above...And, this morning, when I tried to use it after not touching since last night (turned off overnight), I am again getting juice in my mouth and no vape. The difference this time is that I did NOT have to add juice this morning, the tank had already been filled.

The coil is 1.8ohm, at 13W. I don't touch the wattage, not that knowledgeable.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The above is correct^^^^^^^^ and the N2 can be prone to a bit of overfilling and flooding and I guess what sounds like condensation overnight. If you fill past the fill line you WILL get the types of problems you are experiencing. I quit on that tank I am never going to knock it.

I will say the Zenith tank will fix many of your (legit) complaints, it is 4 ml, it is not a particularly "thirsty" tank despite giving really satisfying vapor, it's an EASY top fill not a hard one, mine have NEVER flooded, and coil life and flavor is excellent.

You could probably even get the tank and well, put it on the Zelos mod if you don't mind a bit of overhang, or to reduce overall cost while figuring out if the tank is for you or simply get the kit and keep the N2/zelos as a backup, if you want to quit this time, you will want a backup in case something happens.

I do have two Innoken Zenith tanks and I have been super happy with both. I still use the nautilus coils but in other tanks with better design features.

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: Chajo

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
OK, sorry I didn't mention this before but, it also gurgles - ALL of the time, whether it is working for me or not. Failed to mention that because it happens all the time and I kind of ignore it. But, I watched a YouTube video (from another conversation on this site) about turning the tank upside down before that last twist to fully tighten the bell in order to prevent not only leaking but gurgling and, thought to myself "Oh, yeah"...

Anyway, I did take the drip tip off and cleaned out the hole. I also looked to see if the o ring fell out of the bell chimney, and I couldn't see one in there; so, I did put a new one in. I have no idea what happened to the initial o-ring… I also slightly loosened the bell and turned the tank upside down before retightening it. The vape is good (although it was coming back before all of this anyway), but the gurgling is still happening. So, now what am I not doing right?

P.S. I do want to quit, so I am going to looking to the Innoken Zenith kit. Good idea about having a back up - cuz the problems with the Aspire has restricted my use of it in lieu of cigarettes.

• Optimistic

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
OK, sorry I didn't mention this before but, it also gurgles - ALL of the time, whether it is working for me or not. Failed to mention that because it happens all the time and I kind of ignore it. But, I watched a YouTube video (from another conversation on this site) about turning the tank upside down before that last twist to fully tighten the bell in order to prevent not only leaking but gurgling and, thought to myself "Oh, yeah"...

Anyway, I did take the drip tip off and cleaned out the hole. I also looked to see if the o ring fell out of the bell chimney, and I couldn't see one in there; so, I did put a new one in. I have no idea what happened to the initial o-ring… I also slightly loosened the bell and turned the tank upside down before retightening it. The vape is good (although it was coming back before all of this anyway), but the gurgling is still happening. So, now what am I not doing right?

P.S. I do want to quit, so I am going to looking to the Innoken Zenith kit. Good idea about having a back up - cuz the problems with the Aspire has restricted my use of it in lieu of cigarettes.
Try this:

Fill it up, put it back together and open the airflow fully. Put some paper towel on a flat surface and lie the tank on its side overnight - airflow facing down.

If the tank is [nearly] empty in the morning, consider replacing it, or see if you need to change o-rings. If all is ok, there's still hope, but get a backup if you can.

Sorry if i missed it, but how thick is your e-liquid? Can you try, say, some 50/50 vg/pg?

Last edited:
  • Optimistic

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
What stopped me using this mod shortly after I got it was because on a trip, it leaked. The airflow was closed and the unit turned off, but I had leakage anyway. On this site, some said it was likely because of leaving juice in the tank and the effects with altitude, etc. with flying. So, I don't know. Now I ALWAYS make sure the thing sits upright. My point is, I kind of am willing to bet if I follow your suggestion, most of the e-liquid will be gone by morning.

I have already replaced one of the O-rings quite early in the game. I also changed the one in the top of the bell chimney today. I think there is a 3rd O-ring somewhere, but damned if I know where it is. I have searched hundreds of web sites for a diagram of the O-rings on this unit, and have not found one yet.

Anyway, about the e-liquid thickness: I mix two kinds together, one is p30/v70, the other is p70/v30. I use about an equal amount of each.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
With difficulty, I stuffed an o-ring into the small gap where the top of the coil threads into the chimney. That fixed things for a couple of weeks… before the tank started dumping juice again.

My working N2 has never done this. Sure, it can get a bit damp when refilling, and there's occasional, minor gurgling, but it works well - even with thinner liquids.

And it's not just you - I couldn't find a diagram or reference anywhere. So annoying!

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
I am glad I am not the only one who can't find a blasted piece of useful information about the O-rings!!!! Totally with you on replacing the O-ring at the top of the bell.

BTW - I decided maybe I needed to clean the whole thing (don't ask me why, other than I read that), but in taking off the bell top to drain out the remaining e-liquid, the coil came out as well - first time I have ever had that happen, although I've read about it. So, went ahead and took everything part, cleaned all of it, put the thing together again, and added e-liquid. Waited a few minutes, and tried again - only this time with the air flow only half way open. I also didn't drag as hard (another thing I read today) as I have in the past (and, yet another I read today) and to my amazement I got vape and the gurgling was down to almost nothing. Who knows why this helped, but it did. Maybe only temporarily...

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
OK - Researching the Zenith that you all mentioned - but want a kit. What is it? A Kroma-A Mod with Zenith Starter Kit by Innokin? Thanks.
I think that's the one that tends to be recommended round these parts, but there's a newer one out as well - the smaller version of the same tank, on a slightly more compact mod. This is it. The kit you mention is this one, if I'm not mistaken. Bigger mod, better battery life (I guess).

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com

You don’t clean the hole with the q tip. You stick it all the way in. Soaks any excess juice out of coil.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I am using the Zenith on top of the Zelos right now and it works just fine. You can also get the Kroma A with Zenith kit and if that's not a problem go for it. The 24mm tank is 4ml capacity, less filling.
I just checked, my 1.6 coil has been in there since 8/10. Admittedly I ise it for about 5 hours per day alternating with others, but still amazing.

Chajo

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2018
Winter Park, FL
At first glance, both Kroma-A/Zenith & Coolfire Mini/Zenith are listed as containing 22mm tanks with 2ml capacity - based on the links above. But, going to a US site, I think I did see a 4ml capacity tank option.

Is the Plexus Z-coil head for sub-ohm only? Just curious.

I take it you all are suggesting this/these because they-re less likely to leak??

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well it's the first MTL mesh coil, even if it is slightly sub0hm. Reports are mixed, my hunch is the Zenith doesn't have the airflow needed to keep up with the wattage required for good flavor, but that is just my thought. Reviews of the plexus are mixed ATM. It's sub0hm, technically I don't know whether it functions very sub0hm in that tank.

The 22 and 2 ml capacity are for TPD requirements I think that is why you are seeing some larger ones on US sties .If you are in Europe, you'll probably be limited to the 22 2 ml version, the 4 ml version is like 24.5 mm or some weird diameter like that, I want to say. It's wider, but is 4 ml capacity.

This is an unthirsty tank and although I own the 4 ml versions I probably wouldn't lose my mind over a 2 ml version, etc

Anna

Reactions: Chajo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread