istick 50W stops after 3 seconds? / What wattage to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John11

Oct 22, 2014
Canada
so i just bought an istick 50W , with a kanger subtank mini. Im using the 0.5 ohm head and have it at around 25 watts, however, the battery cuts after a 3 second drag. Now, the 3 second is more than enough, with great flavor and amazing vapor production, so i dont even need anymore, but was curious why it doesnt go the whole 10 second?

Also, what is the best wattage to use? for the 0.5 ohm head and the 1.2 ? im not sure how the formula and stuff works lol so if someone can just tell me the range of wattage that should be used for each head without damaging it, it'd be great. thanks!

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
3 seconds !? I would contact the vendor about getting another one. Could lead to more problems in the future. What's up with these iSticks lately ??? Seems like the QC is going downhill. Perhaps they're having a hard time keeping up with the demand. :blink:

As above, I'd contact the vendor - something ain't right there

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
One thing I have noticed is if I put a light touch on the firing button, it will "pause" after a second or two for about half a second before firing again. This doesn't happen if I give the button a solid push. It seems like I am subconsciously lifting off just enough to stop the mod from firing.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
One thing I have noticed is if I put a light touch on the firing button, it will "pause" after a second or two for about half a second before firing again. This doesn't happen if I give the button a solid push. It seems like I am subconsciously lifting off just enough to stop the mod from firing.

I just picked one up today as well and noticed its a 'lil touchy if you don't keep a steady press on it myself!!

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
0.2 is the absolute lower limit for the i50. If heat to coil or a defect reduces coil resistance from 0.2 to 0.1, the unit's safety features will shut it down.

change your coil to a 0.4 or 0.5 (or 1.20 the 'sweet spot') . Check Ohm's law so you stay comfortably within the range of your device. Don't push the lower limit and don't push the higher limit and you should be fine. If the unit still cuts off after you change to a sensible coil, return the device.

Ohm's Law chart to play with: Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator
SteamEngine chart to play with: Mod range | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators (the istick50 isn't on the list but you can manually enter the values for the Istick50, Max power: 10v Max watts 50, Resistance 0.2-5.0, Amps 25 - you'll see the lowest recommended coil is 0.4 and the 'sweetspot' is 1.2ohm)

Have fun and vape safe!

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The iStick 30 is worse. The button sits so flush with the mod itself that I have to press it pretty firmly to ensure that it fires. There's been a few times that I go to press the button, and my finger wasn't sitting squarely on the button (and it is hard to feel it by touch) and I go to vape and get nothing because I wasn't pressing enough to activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread