What I ended up buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrikStari

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
So, I came here a week or two ago and asked for some help in deciding what I should get in my first ever vapor buy.

I ended up going with a Kankger Subtank mini, with an eleaf istick 50w. So far I am enjoying it a lot. It's been about 5 hours now and I don't want a cigarette. (last one was before I went into the shop and started looking).

I do however have a quick question about voltages and watts. I started out using the 1.2 ohm head that came with the Kanger, and a few minutes ago I switched it over to the .6 ohm head just to see what the difference was, and holy hell is that much smoother. With the 1.2 I would struggle to pull for a little over 3 seconds, now with the .6 head I can pull for almost 5, but at that point I'm reaching the capacity of my smoke damaged lungs (R.I.P. my alveoli).

Anyways, my question, I noticed on the side of my istick, that the voltage has gone down, I don't remember what it was, but it's at 3.0v and 15w. Is this ok? I read the Istick manual, and it says something about low voltage protection, where if it gets below 3.3v it will lock and not work until the volts come back up, but this isn't happening. Am I doing something wrong, or did the voltage drop because the ohms went down and the wats went up? Earlier, on the 1.2 head I was running at like, 12 watts.

Not really sure what's going on, I'm not very good with electrical terminology.:confused:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So, I came here a week or two ago and asked for some help in deciding what I should get in my first ever vapor buy.

I ended up going with a Kankger Subtank mini, with an Eleaf Istick 50w. So far I am enjoying it a lot. It's been about 5 hours now and I don't want a cigarette. (last one was before I went into the shop and started looking).

I do however have a quick question about voltages and watts. I started out using the 1.2 ohm head that came with the Kanger, and a few minutes ago I switched it over to the .6 ohm head just to see what the difference was, and holy hell is that much smoother. With the 1.2 I would struggle to pull for a little over 3 seconds, now with the .6 head I can pull for almost 5, but at that point I'm reaching the capacity of my smoke damaged lungs (R.I.P. my alveoli).

Anyways, my question, I noticed on the side of my Istick, that the voltage has gone down, I don't remember what it was, but it's at 3.0v and 15w. Is this ok? I read the Istick manual, and it says something about low voltage protection, where if it gets below 3.3v it will lock and not work until the volts come back up, but this isn't happening. Am I doing something wrong, or did the voltage drop because the ohms went down and the wats went up? Earlier, on the 1.2 head I was running at like, 12 watts.

Not really sure what's going on, I'm not very good with electrical terminology.:confused:

There are two different voltages at work.

1:
There is the battery voltage; the mod will cut off if the battery voltage drops below 3.3 volts.

2:
There is the output voltage of the mod.

The 3 volts you are looking at sounds like the output voltage at 15 watts on a 0.6 ohm coil.
watts = volts x volts / ohms
15 = 3 x 3 / 0.6

silenuz

Feb 24, 2015
Covington, GA, USA
I think you will be very happy with your setup, I recently acquired the istick 30 and the subtank mini too and have loved it. Gives you the option for replaceable coils or building your own on the rba deck. And from my experiences the iStick has been very reliable and easy, I'd assume the 50w would be no different.

The replaceable coils are pretty easy to rebuild or at least rewick too, but I've gone almost two weeks before I felt any need to change a coil and even then probably could've kept it in there. At around 3$ a pop it's not too bad.

I never really got enough out of the 1.2 coil, maybe I messed up starting with the .5, but I've found my sweet spot at 4.1 volts / 28 watts on the .5 stock OCC coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread