It didn't take long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troubled1

Jan 26, 2017
I put down the stinkies on Dec 17 after a 40+ yr pack a day habit. In the last 10 years it was anywhere from 1-3 packs a day.
I bought a eGo AIO 12mg juice and haven't looked back. Now, almost 7 weeks later (down to 6mg and 3mg), I just went and bought my first upgrade. I picked up an eleaf ijust s. I wasn't crazy about the thick drip tip so I took the extra clear one from eGo and installed that.

I've only had it for a few hours and it still isn't fully charged so I'm (im) patiently waiting. I didn't think I would end up buying a new vape but after I dropped my eGo and cracked the glass, I was just going to buy another.

I then started thinking about battery life, tanks size, coil options etc. I have only been mtl as when I try dl I choke (go figure) I do find the vape too hot to dl even on the eGo. Maybe I need to practice more.

Anyway, it looks like I have now stepped onto that slippery slope. I am keeping the eGo as my "quick trip around town" vape as I like the really small size (funny my wife never says that[emoji15]) and it easily fits into a pen pocket in my work jacket.

I've been bitten. Now I must devour posts and start learning more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troubled1

Jan 26, 2017
It's a slippery slope right down the old rabbit hole :p Smoking was certainly never this much fun!

Smoking never tasted or smelled this good either. Between my wife (gave up stinkies 5wks ago) and I we already have 25 different juices to use. A few are higher nic so she won't use them but I'm thinking I may have to consider making my own.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I put down the stinkies on Dec 17 after a 40+ yr pack a day habit. In the last 10 years it was anywhere from 1-3 packs a day.
I bought a eGo AIO 12mg juice and haven't looked back. Now, almost 7 weeks later (down to 6mg and 3mg), I just went and bought my first upgrade. I picked up an eleaf ijust s. I wasn't crazy about the thick drip tip so I took the extra clear one from eGo and installed that.

I've only had it for a few hours and it still isn't fully charged so I'm (im) patiently waiting. I didn't think I would end up buying a new vape but after I dropped my eGo and cracked the glass, I was just going to buy another.

I then started thinking about battery life, tanks size, coil options etc. I have only been mtl as when I try dl I choke (go figure) I do find the vape too hot to dl even on the eGo. Maybe I need to practice more.

Anyway, it looks like I have now stepped onto that slippery slope. I am keeping the eGo as my "quick trip around town" vape as I like the really small size (funny my wife never says that[emoji15]) and it easily fits into a pen pocket in my work jacket.

The ego aio was what got me off of cigs. That paired with a v2 spinner. But mostly the aio! I have a special place in my heart for them now!

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I second DIY all the way. Just don't make the same mistake I did and make large batches. be sure you make small ones and then you can make bigger versions of the ones you like
Even if you think you love a juice I wouldn't make enormously amounts of it. My former "favorite juice ever" now tastes like poo to me and I have about 200ml of it sitting in the cupboard.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Even if you think you love a juice I wouldn't make enormously amounts of it. My former "favorite juice ever" now tastes like poo to me and I have about 200ml of it sitting in the cupboard.

Hence my posting on the PIF thread to give away my rejects! I swear, the recipe sounded so good. But they turned out just so so at best! At least I have 5 solid recipes that I love

Reactions: RainSong

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Im in Canada so I'm sure if I can even get vg with nicotine.

There are quite a few Canadian members that may be able to help guide you. Check out the DIY sub forum under the general eliquid forum. Do lots of reading in there to set yourself down the DIY path. I love to cook and create delicious things so DIY juice was a natural progression for me. If you can follow a recipe you can make juice!

Reactions: ChelsB

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The learning curve does help separate the passing interest from those who will do whatever it takes to quit. The great news is that while it takes a while for you to find where your preferred vape is, once you get that figured out and learn what it takes, its so much more enjoyable then a simple addiction. It becomes a rewarding lifestyle with absolutely zero guilt.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

Everyone starts at the beginning. Congrats on getting off the cigarettes!

Smoking never tasted or smelled this good either.

That's what sealed the deal for me. I tried those gas station e-cigs off and on for a few years before I started vaping. They were okay, but just didn't do it for me. But the variety of e-liquids and the flavors available to vapers were a whole different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread