How long did it take you to give up the cig style

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I started with a Kr808, which I'll consider to be a cig-style.

I used it happily for 4 months. The only thing that moved me away from it was having to keep buying cartomizers because they don't have long life spans, and the 901 atty which they will accommodate natively isn't a strong enough hit to me.

The 510 battery life is, of course, frustrating. And regular atties in general aren't really strong enough to me. So on I went to an eGo with LR's. Managed to fry those with my 510 LR's (the only atties that manage to give me a good hit and taste nice at the same time), so now I'm moving on to mods. Sick of losing batteries.

I'm pleased with my Riva/eGo batts, but I've been looking at moving up to a true 3.7 or 5V mod recently. I've been looking at the Precise line and the GLV-2 because I'd really like to try LR attys. I'll get my hands on something eventually, but I'll still be happy and grateful that I got the Riva/eGo's.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
I started about 2 months ago, still using both the 808 and the Ego. Which is more complicated, to deal with two models, but the 808 is so much better for dealing with breaks at work and vaping in public. So I guess I haven't "given up."

This is what I plan on doing. I just purchased an eGo kit from Litecig about an hour ago, and plan to keep/use my KR808s. The auto KR808s are great when I'm driving and they last me a good time. They have lifetime warranties so I don't want to give them up. What I want to do now is make a few decent all-day vape mixes. Maybe I should lay off this forum to help me from my new temptations..haha.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
Exactly 19.62 days with $161.85 saved vaping (not by a long shot so far...), and 589 analogs passed up, I went from a Magma, to an Inferno, to a Wet Box (Missy’s). I and am now waiting on a Maxi Rough Stack because 306 atty's ROCK (with seriously trying to snag a Reo Grand). I mean cummon...this is bad. I can't remember the last time I dropped so much cash in a two weeks outside of Vegas...

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
It took me a couple weeks, I started with one of those xhale 02 from 7 11... Once I started researching e cigs I got a 510, I used that for a couple months with the pcc because batteries werent an issue with that... I then got an Ego, which is pretty awesome. I dont want to keep going because I do eventually want to kick having any type of habit =)

I bought a blu kit too. Felt bamboozled by the whole ecigarette in general after that. Totally ruined it for me. Then i found TW and bought one of their Screwdrivers with the 901 atty on it and was put off by the major throat hit that i got compared to my full flavor m/boros. Seemed to just burn more. Then about 6 months later, i ran out of money. And i mean ALL money. no more cans to take back for deposit even. But i had a SD and a ton of ejuice so i decided i had to try it full time. Glad i did! After about 3 days the harsh throat hit smoothed out and the flavors started to come alive and i've been vaping full time and preaching it to everyone that asks for the last 80 or so days.

afrazier5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm on the 501s and plan to stay with these for a while. All I care about is staying off the analogs. The kit I picked up had 4 batteries, 3 chargers and 4 atty's with about 6 months of carts. So I'll be set for quite a while with just the monthly juice run I think. I truly enjoyed smoking and so far (only 5 days now) love vaping doubly as much. I don't think I'll quit but thus far, quite enjoy the size and feel of the 501.

flagreekguy

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Orlando, FL
After my first day with the blu I was about to give up vaping because of the battery hassle. Luckily I found this forum and quickly purchased an ego and a week latter start down the road of mods where I am now. How long did it take you?

Mine took the exact same time as yours. I didnt hate my standard 510 kit like you hated the blu. But i wanted more battery life and better vapor and less liquid on the lips. So, i went with the ego and grabbed an LR 306 to put on it. After that i needed to see what higher voltage was like. So, i tried it and i was inlove. So, it was about a week or week and a half before i upped to an ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread